Akeruka New Mesh Head
Designer KaoZ Koba of Akeruka is on a roll with amazing mesh heads for men. He is bringing so much more diversity into the mesh head market and I am so looking forward to female mesh heads from him, if he decides to make them in the future.
His third release is called Pablo and he’s definitely got some flavor to his look. Pablo is similar to the previous Akeruka male mesh heads with all of the animations and expressions. He even comes in the same skin tones as Mike does but I think he has a bit more of a sexy, smoldering look.
Here are some details about this head:
- Price: The head is currently only available at the Men Only Monthly (MOM). It is currently at a special price of L$2499 for the first 50 sold. After that, the price will go up to L$3499 (like it now has for both Keith and Mike.) The DEMO is free.
- Tones: It comes in five skin tones (Body skin #2, #4, #5, #6 and #8) – same as the Mike head.
- Appliers: You can wear this head with the default SL body or with a mesh body. It comes with skin layers for default body in the five tones as well as appliers for TMP, SLink and Omega for the five tones.
- 3rd Party Face Appliers: There are no third party appliers for the face of this mesh head as of yet. However, on his flickr he says that the Designer Kit is in progress.
- Animated: This is a fully animated head, which means you have the option to turn on the many face emotes it comes with as well as the talk animation. The talk animation is triggered once you start typing in local chat, (you will see the lips moving.)
I am wearing the SLink male mesh body with the head and mesh eyes from Ikon. I did a little video showing the little details:
Video on YouTube: https://youtu.be/dwPRzAj90e4
I’ve recently done a lot of videos showing details of different mesh heads so I decided to create two youtube playlists for easier viewing:
> Male Mesh Heads in Second Life
> Female Mesh Heads in Second Life
Cold Ash Holiday Sale
The jacket I’m wearing is from Cold Ash and will be available at Uber on December 25th. If you can’t wait that long, Cold Ash is currently having a holiday sale and most of the items are 50% off in both the Cold Ash mainstore and marketplace store. So if you’re looking for the perfect gift for your guy friend this Christmas, you can get it at a discounted price and gift it directly from marketplace! The sale ends on Monday, December 28th.
Linden Lab in the Press
It’s always great to see Second Life and Linden Lab getting some positive press. The past week I’ve noticed a few great articles referencing SL and LL in a positive light:
- 5 Companies You Thought Were Doomed But Are Actually Fine (For Now) – by Wired
- Persons With Disabilities Get a Second Life – by Utah State University
- A Look Into a More Social Virtual Reality With the Makers of Second Life – by PSFK
What Manberry is wearing in the picture and video:
*Mesh Body: Slink Physique MALE Mesh Body Release 1.2 by Siddean Munro
*Mesh Head: [AK] Mesh Head Pablo Vers 1.0 by KaoZ Koba (@ MOM)
*Skin+Body Appliers: Akeruka – come with the mesh head
Eyes: IKON Charm Eyes – Coffee by Ikon Innovia
Hair: Dura-Boy 23(Dark Brown) by chiaki Xue
*Jacket: ColdAsh TYSON Jacket by ColdAsh (50% off sale)