People often ask me what sort of computer and software I am using to create the images and videos you see on this blog. Here is a list of my computer specifications.
I got this computer in December of 2014. I purchased most of the parts from Amazon and had someone custom build it for me. I will update this list whenever I add or replace something.
I also purchased a laptop in August of 2016 so I can use it for work and traveling purposes. I will list that below as well, but it’s not a computer I will often use for Second Life, only when I travel.
In late July 2017 I purchased a new microphone, pop filter and windscreen for the microphone to improve the sound quality in my youtube videos. From August 1st, 2017, all of my youtube videos are using my new microphone, listed below.
If you plan on purchasing any of the following items from Amazon, please support this site by clicking on the affiliate links below to purchase. Thank you.
||USB Flash Drive:
||Pop filter for Mic:
If you have an ad blocker on your browser, then you probably don’t see the links above, therefore I am also making a list of the items below:
Computer, Software & Accessories:
- Case: CM Storm Scout 2 Advanced
- Case Cooling Fan: NZXT Technologies NZXT FZ-140mm Blue LED Cooling
- Power Supply: Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply
- Motherboard: ASUS Z97-A ATX DDR3 2600 LGA 1150 Motherboards Z97-A
- Memory: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600 MHz (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory
- Processor: Intel Core i7-4790K Processor
- Video Card: ASUS STRIX-GTX970-DC20C-4GD5 Graphics Cards
- Hard drive: Crucial MX100 512GB SATA 2.5″ 7mm (with 9.5mm adapter) Internal Solid State Drive
- CD/DVD: Pioneer Electronics USA Internal Blu-Ray Writer
- Wi-Fi Adapter: Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 Wi-Fi USB Adapter
- Monitor: ViewSonic VX2252MH 22-Inch LED-Lit LCD Monitor
- USB Flash Drive: SanDisk Extreme CZ80 64GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive
- Keyboard: Logitech Illuminated Keyboard K740
- Mouse: Evoluent VerticalMouse 4 “Regular Size” Right Hand
- 3D Mouse: 3Dconnexion 3DX-700028 SpaceNavigator 3D Mouse
- Tablet: Wacom Intuos Art Pen and Touch tablet
- Headset: Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset
- Microphone: Blue Yeti USB Microphone – Silver
- Pop Filter for Mic: Dragonpad USA Pop filter Studio Microphone Mic Wind Screen Pop Filter
- Windscreen for Mic: Professional Foam Windscreen for Blue Yeti
- Operating System: Windows 7 Professional SP1 64bit
- Photo Editing: Adobe Photoshop CC
- Video Capture: Camtasia
Laptop & Accessories