Designer KaoZ Koba of Akeruka has released another mesh head for men, this time named Mike. It is similar to the Akeruka Keith mesh head I blogged about three weeks ago. It is fully animated like Keith and has all talk, blinking and face animations but it looks drastically different and comes with different skin tones. Here are some details about this head:
- Price: The price of the mesh head is currently at L$2499 however there is a sign beside it at the store that says it is limited to the first 50 at this special price. So I am assuming the price will go up after 50 of them are sold, not sure? The DEMO is free at the mainstore and on marketplace.
- Tones: It comes in five skin tones (Body skin #2, #4, #5, #6 and #8)
- Appliers: You can wear this head with the default SL body or with a mesh body. It comes with skin layers for default body in the five tones as well as appliers for TMP, SLink and Omega for the five tones.
- 3rd Party Face Appliers: There are no third party appliers for the face of this mesh head so far. However, I was speaking to the designer and he said to me that he is looking into possibly making his heads Omega compatible. He is also looking into possibly creating his own kit to make available to designers so they can change brows, hairbase and beard textures. I am not sure if all this will happen for certain or when it will, but I thought that I would share it with you guys. You can probably contact him yourself inworld for further confirmation if you are interested.
- Animated: This is a fully animated head, which means you have the option to turn on the many face emotes it comes with as well as the talk animation. The talk animation is triggered once you start typing in local chat, (you will see the lips moving.)
I am wearing the head with the SLink Physique mesh body for men and as you can see it fits seamlessly. I have done a little video below which is similar to the Keith video I had done, and it shows all the options for hairbase, ears, tones, blinking, talk and other animations.
Video on youtube: https://youtu.be/0mw93bsBCcA
Please make sure to pick up a free DEMO before you buy!
Project Bento in Second Life
Have you guys heard about Linden Lab’s new Project Bento that they have introduced today? They have added new bones to the Second Life Avatar Skeleton in order to give us more options to personalize our avatars. These are the bones that they have added:
- 11 extra limb bones for wings, additional arms, or extra legs.
- 6 tail bones
- 30 bones in the hands (all 10 fingers!)
- 30 bones for facial expressions
- 2 other new bones in the head for animating ears or antennae
- 13 new attachment points associated with the new bones
Project Bento is not yet final though and they are looking for feedback from residents, either in the Creation Forum or in JIRA. To test Project Bento, you will need to download the Project Viewer and upload any content using the new skeleton extensions to the Aditi Beta Test Grid.
If you are planning to test it out and you end up creating some content you might want to contact Draxtor Despres because he is looking for creators that create content with Project Bento on Aditi to feature on his January show. You can contact him before January 15th. Check out his post on Facebook for more details.
I’m wondering what kind of effect Project Bento will have on mesh heads, if any at all. This is definitely exciting news from the Lab and I’m looking forward to seeing how it all works out. Hope you guys have fun testing it out!
Strawberry Singh Photography Gift Cards
A few people had contacted me about the expiration dates on my gift cards and I had totally forgotten about them so I thought I should make a post to announce the changes. I have updated my gift cards and one of the important changes to note is that there is no longer any expiration dates to my gift cards, past or present. You are free to use them at any time, even if you’ve had them for a few years and they have an expiration date on them (just ignore it). For detailed pricing and information about my photography, visit my Photography Page.
StrawberrySingh.com Holiday Giveaway!
Happy Holidays! <3
What Manberry is wearing in the 1st picture and video:
*Mesh Body: Slink Physique MALE Mesh Body Release 1.2 by Siddean Munro
*Mesh Head: [AK] Mesh Head Mike Vers 1.0 by KaoZ Koba
*Skin+Body Appliers: Akeruka – come with the mesh head
Eyes: IKON Charm Eyes – Coffee by Ikon Innovia
*Hoodie: REPRESENT – Denim Jacket “Slink, Black Wash” by Representer (@TMD)(SLurl)