Meme Instructions: Share a picture of your favorite pose or a list of your favorite posemakers on the grid! Don’t forget to leave a link to your post in the comments and share your picture in the blog memes flickr group.
Posemakers often get forgotten in the credits of fashion blogs, which is such a shame. I feel that the pose is what really makes or breaks an image. That’s why I always try to credit poses and pose props whenever I can.
I probably own thousands of poses and I do try to blog from a variety of posemakers, but there are a few that are my favorites that I always return to.
Some of my favorite posemakers and poses:
- Long Awkward Pose by Dove Swanson – (no longer available) – I have to include Dove’s store in here even though it is closed and no longer on the grid because it was her store that made me fall in love with poses in the first place. Before I found her store, I was using crappy freebie poses. I didn’t even realize how creative and well-done poses can totally transform our pictures. She was also the first posemaker I ever blogged about. I love all of Dove’s poses and still use them till this day but two of my favorite sets of hers were her Model School 1 and Model School 2 poses (which I still use) as well as one pose set that was called “Dog Eat Dog World” which had the most fierce poses. I just used one pose from that set recently in this post. I absolutely LOVE that set!
- Diesel Works by Rogan Diesel – I know I am biased with this one because I work for Rogan, however, I was buying and blogging his poses way before I started working for him. I feel like Rogan has some of the best singles poses as well as props on the grid. Also, his male poses are my favorites and the only ones I use anytime I am posing a male avatar. I love his singles because they look so natural and have a great sense of movement. You can feel the movement in the first picture I took of Bouncer Criss in this post. His pose props are some of the best on the grid, my favorites of course are the Serpent and the Modeling Chair. He always makes the sexiest chairs and seats. The chaise you see me sitting on in the third image is available at his booth at the Pose Fair right now.
- Exposeur by RubyStarlight Writer – Ruby has, hands down, the best couples poses on the grid. I have tried numerous couples/groups poses from other posemakers and most of the time they are a bit awkward or not natural looking. She manages to make hers always so natural and smooth. Her couples poses are the ones I usually use the most, as you can see from my pinterest. One of my most favorite poses from her is the one I used with the Droids. It comes with the bench and has such a natural feel to it. I especially love how her foot is covering his. It’s little touches like that that make me fall in love with the pose. The adorable selfie pose that I am in with Harlow Heslop in the first two images is currently available at the Exposeur booth at Pose Fair.
- Di’s Opera by Di Hoorenbeek – When I want high fashion poses, Di’s Opera is the one I turn to. Her poses are also very natural looking but have quite a bit of attitude as well. Di closed her store for a little while back in 2012 but I’m happy to see she is back on the grid and making more poses once again. One of my favorite poses from Di’s is from the Expose Line set, I blogged it at this link but you can see the rest of the poses in that set on her flickr.
- Geez by Grazia Horwitz – When I’m looking for a really classy pose, I turn to Geez. Grazia had also closed her store for quite a while, but Geez poses were always available on marketplace. However, she recently opened it up again on the Miamai sim.
Other places that I also love poses from are Del May, Kirin, oOo Studio, LostAngel and so many more. A big thank you to all the posemakers that are so creative and bring such fun and interesting poses to the grid. A simple pose or prop can really spruce up a picture. I hope you guys are able to share some of your favorite posers and poses!
Please remember that you can participate in any of the memes/challenges at any time. You’ll find them all under my Blog Challenges category along with other memes and challenges I’ve done over the years.
If you haven’t checked out Pose Fair as of yet, here are some helpful links:
Finally, a big thank you to Harlow Heslop whom I messaged late last night because I needed a friend for the selfie pose and she got ready and posed with me in record timing. For credits to Harlow’s outfit, check out her blog.
What Harlow is wearing: (girl on the left)
Check her blog for details.
What I’m wearing: (girl on the right)
*Skin :-Glam Affair – Aria – Jamaica 02 F by Aida Ewing (@ Collabor88)
*Eyes: IKON Promise Eyes Brown by Ikon Innovia
Eyelashes: Mon Cheri “Falsies” Eyelash by Freya Olivieri
*Hair: TRUTH HAIR Harriet by Truth Hawks
*Top: Maitreya * Sand * Half Tucked Shirt S by Onyx LeShelle (blog)
*Jeans: Maitreya Boyfriend Jeans Slim – Dark S by Onyx LeShelle (blog)
*Belt: Maitreya Boyfriend Jeans_Belt S by Onyx LeShelle (blog)
*Necklace: .Olive. the Folded Golden Paper Letter Necklace – B by naminaeko
*Ring: MG – Ring – Karina Court – Small by Maxi Gossamer
*Mesh Hands: Slink Avatar Enhancement Hands – Casual – Small by Siddean Munro
*Mesh Feet: Slink Female Feet (AvEnhance) S – High by Siddean Munro
*Shoes: Hucci Waltham Sandals – 21Shoe Edition by Eboni Khan (TODAY ONLY!)
Bag: .Olive. the Carry Me Satchel – Tan[R] by naminaeko
Location in first two images: The Pixel Bean