So I’ve been seeing a few people doing mirror images a lot recently, like this amazing one by the infamous Mr. Jefferson, and I thought I’d give it a try. I have to admit, Mr. Jefferson totally encouraged me to do it. He linked me to all the appropriate tutorials and even sent me the water file inworld (I’m so spoiled). Anyhow, I kinda had fun playing around with this pic. If you’d like to try it out for yourself, check out the following tutorials:
- Zonja Capalini – This is the one Mr. Jefferson sent to me, it has all the info on it and the file that you need.
- Cajsa Lilliehook – I also found Cajsa’s tutorial helpful cuz she has the latest windlight settings interface displayed.
Sorry I haven’t shared a tutorial for a few weeks, I’ve been a total slacker this summer and now I’ve been busy getting ready for school to start again. But no worries, I’ll be back to harass y’all more often soon!
Also, I wore a teal bikini in this post just for Mr. Jefferson (he knows why).
BTW, this video has had me laughing (and dancing) all day today so I really wanted to share it. I love this song even more now!
EDIT: I have gotten a slew of questions regarding this post since yesterday so here are the answers to the questions y’all are asking:.
- Mirror Water – Some of you were having difficulty making the windlight preset required to create the mirror water, so I’ve created and uploaded mine at that link. Now you just have to copy it into your water folder. You can find the water folder here:
If you are using a third party viewer such as Exodus or Phoenix, remember to place the settings in the correct folders by substituting the “SecondLife” folder for the name of the viewer you are using.
- Why are your reflections all jagged? It may be because you are shooting your images at a lower resolution than I am. I’ve noticed the higher resolution you shoot the images, the better the reflection (and most of the time the overall picture). As you can see in the second picture I’ve posted in this post, the one shot at the higher resolution has a much cleaner reflection. So try fiddling around with that and see what works best for you.
- Raw shot without using the mirror water – Some of you asked to see the raw shot of the image while I was NOT using the mirror water setting so you can see what it looked like before I turned that on. At least, I hope that’s what you were asking, I’m not 100% sure but there it is anyways.
For all the images in this post, I used my diamond windlight setting which is in the 10 pack of settings that can be downloaded from my windlight settings page.
Please email me if you have any more questions as I can respond a lot faster to those than notecards. Thank you and have fun with this! <3
» For more of my tutorials, check out my tutorials page.
*Skin: *Apparence Skins* MERIT SKIN T3 E4 by Marisa Gregan
Hair: [LeLutka]-MAGDALEN hair – AlmostGoth by Thora Charron
*Bikini: *BOOM* Ellio Bikini (teal) by Aranel Ah
*Earrings: [MANDALA] Leather Feather Earrings/Lara Blue by Kikunosuke Eel
Ring: Donna Flora AZIZA aqua ring by Squinternet Larnia
Nails: Candy Nail #P032 Feather Gold by Peche Bury
*Pose: Long Awkward Pose (no longer available)