Truth Hair is running a photo contest for the members of their VIP group and it sounded like so much fun, I couldn’t resist entering. It’s a yearbook photo contest and basically what you’re supposed to do is wear the oldest Truth Hair you have in your inventory and then take a yearbook-style photo with it. I’ll share all of the rules below but first, let me tell you about this hair.
So I went to my Truth folder in my inventory, set my inventory to see the newest items first, and then started scrolling all the way down to see which hair was the oldest. It felt like I scrolled for a whole five minutes and then I ended up at the last hair, which I was pleasantly surprised to see.
You see, I had deleted all my hair from before 2015, except I held on to that one because it was named Berry and Truth Hawks had made it based on my own real-life hair after I sent him a picture of myself back in 2010, and yes, I was wearing the same flower in my hair in that picture. That picture was already almost two years old when I sent it to him so this is basically my hair from like a decade ago. My hair looks kind of different now, even though it’s pretty much the same style, just shorter and not as messy looking (I hope).
Truth released this hair in February of 2010 and this is the picture and link to my blog post that I did of it back then: Berry’s Favorite Things
Even though there is no mesh head/eyes/body/hair in this picture, I still think it looks pretty fantastic! It was my favorite skin back then.
I haven’t checked, but I’m pretty sure this hair is no longer available for sale at the Truth store so I want to take this opportunity to ask Truth Hawks to remake it in mesh! Please Mr. Hawks, I will love you forever!
If you are interested in joining this contest, here are the rules for it that I’m copying from the notecard that was sent to the group. If you have any more questions about the contest, please direct them to AmberDaze10 as she is the General Manager for Truth and is the one running the contest. :
Truth VIP Group – you must use Truth Hair only.
1. Must be a VIP member to enter the contest, please don’t invite your family and friends.
2. Must have access to Flickr.
3. As this photo contest is not regulated “SL Raw shot” this time, you may use outside programs to touch up, make antique, frame etc. You must have access to some sort of photo enhance program to make frames, your computer might come with “Paint” or something similar.
4. Please don’t upload to your personal flickr early. The first posting to your flickr needs to be on the same date that you are submitting it to the Truth Photo Flickr. If you do post early your photo will be disqualified so please keep this in your mind as you progress forward.
1. Locate your oldest Truth Hair Style, this does not have to be a VIP style, it just needs to be the oldest Truth Hair Style that you own currently.
***To check the age of your hair search it out on the Flickr page https://www.flickr.com/photos/truthhawks/ the date you acquired it is not the date the hair was released. When you locate the hair style click on it for a larger image and then scroll down a bit and you will see the date Truth uploaded that photo. That upload date is the official date of your hair release.
****If you can’t find the hair on our Flickr page, you can contact either Ellen or myself and we will assist you with locating it. Also for any of the other items you need assistance with please just contact us.
2. On your current Avatar please add this oldest hair style you own and then style your avatar according to the fashion of the hair style. So, for instance, if it’s a 50’s style dress yourself to match the hair, 80’s, 90’s style and so on.
3. Your photos will need to be framed, by framed I mean that they will have a school yearbook or polaroid photo look. Here is an example of what I mean by this for reference: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ladyellent/27127218257/in/dateposted/
You will need to put text on your photo frame, the text will include your SL User name (please don’t use your display name – your display name is the name you can change vs your official user name which you cannot) and the following —> Truth Hair “Class of (year of hair goes here)”..
If the hair I’m wearing is a 2009 style, then the text will look like this:
Truth Hair “Class of 2009”
TIME FRAME FOR CONTEST:
5th Dec. – notice sent to group, start to prep your avatars and photos.
17th Dec 10 AM – flickr group will open for you to post your photo’s
21st Dec 10 AM – Photo submissions will close.
Information on how the voting will be conducted to be announced.
There will be two winners, each will receive a 1200L Gift Card.
If you haven’t joined the Truth VIP Group as of yet, I do want to point out that it costs a one time fee of L$350 to enter, but he sends so many gifts to that group, it’s well worth the initial fee. It’s one of those groups that you should join, and just stay in because they are constantly sending gifts and running contests.
Good luck to all those that enter! It’ll be so much fun to look at all the yearbook style images.
While I was on the topic of content named after me inworld, I figured I’d wear the Catwa Strawberry head for this post. I still love this head so much, even though I do tend to still wear Catya more often. I guess I’m just used to it.
Just a reminder that tomorrow I will be wearing Catwa Catya while I unbox Powder Pack Catwa for December 2018. If you haven’t picked it up for the discounted price as of yet, you only have a few hours left. Click over to their marketplace store and pick it up. Keep an eye on my YouTube channel for the unboxing, probably around 5am PDT.
My Style Credits:
Shape: StrawberrySingh.com Catwa-Strawberry Shape by Strawberry Singh
*Mesh Body: Maitreya Mesh Body – Lara V4.1 by Onyx LeShelle
*Mesh Head: CATWA HEAD Strawberry v3.2 by Catwa Clip
*Skin Applier: Glam Affair Elvira by Aida Ewing
*Eyes Applier: Avi-Glam Dramatic Eyes by Kendra Parfort
*Hair: TRUTH Berry by Truth Hawks
*Top: Zaara: Fatima yoga tank *spiritual* by Zaara Kohime