A while back Shug Maitland contacted me with a suggestion for a meme. Her suggestion was, “What is your Window On The World” where she requested that everyone show a screenshot of their viewer setup, the way they normally see SL, including the Huds, Floaters, Button layout, etc. I didn’t really know how to do this challenge since I use the official viewer and don’t really change much. The only thing I constantly have on my screen are two huds, the Huddles EZ Animator and my mystitool. Sometimes I even remove those if I go to a laggy sim or event.
Then recently Zee blogged about the Bright Inventory Box (which I still need to try out) but when I saw her talk about it I was like, “WHY DIDN’T I KNOW ABOUT THIS FROM BEFORE?” So I thought it would be a good learning experience for us to share some special tools we use to make our SLives easier. I figured the best way to do this meme was to combine these two ideas.
Meme Instruction: Share a screenshot of your viewer setup and/or a list of tools/HUDS you guys use to make your Second Life experiences better. Don’t forget to leave a comment in this post with a link so we can all come and stalk you. If you share a screenshot, feel free to share them in the Blog Memes flickr group.
I didn’t share a screenshot of the whole screen because I don’t really change anything about the viewer other than adding the two HUDs I mentioned above (#2 & #5 in the pic). So what I did was attached all of the HUDs that I use (at different times) to enhance my SL experience. Each HUD helps me do different things and I’ll share a link to each along with how I use them.
- PoseAnywhere by DavidThomas Scorbal – I blogged this HUD back in 2011 with a video tutorial as well. It’s one of my favorite HUDs and I use it so often to pose my clients (or myself) on sims where I don’t have the ability to rez. I don’t keep this HUD attached to me all the time, only when I need to use it.
- HUDDLES EZ Animator Deluxe by Keiki Lemieux – I bought this one back in 2008 and it has been attached to me since, I seldom remove it. The reason for that is because my AO is inside this HUD. I purchased different animations (mostly the breathing ones from Vista) and compiled my own AO using this HUD. I put all of my dances and a bunch of poses in it as well. SO I use this HUD to dance myself while having the ability to invite up to 10 others to dance with me. I can also use it to pose myself but I don’t really do that often anymore since most of the poses I put in the HUD were back in 2008 and I haven’t updated them since then. Updating this HUD is a bit more time consuming than it is updating the PoseAnywhere HUD, so I prefer to use and keep that one updated.
- AnyPose Expression by Phate Shepherd – This HUD is one I feel everyone should pick up. Not only is it FREE but it really helps with positioning the eyes during photo sessions. It also has facial and hand expressions built in but I don’t use these because I wear mesh hands and because I prefer the facial expressions that come with my Mystitool. I don’t keep this HUD continuously attached, only when I need it.
- Animare Pose & Animation System by YT Recreant – I have a really deep love and appreciation for this HUD because it has saved me SO many times since I bought it. It’s one of my all-time favorite HUDS and I noticed that I’ve been using it in almost every photoshoot. It helps me adjust poses, so if there is a hand that’s in my hip or something else that is off, I can easily fix it with a few clicks. The only thing I wish this HUD also did was let me position other people as well. If you know of a HUD like that, please tell me! Of course you can use this HUD for a lot more than just correct positioning like I do, you can use it to create whole poses and animations on your own. I’ve never tried that before though. I’ve also blogged about Animare before back in 2012.
- MystiTool by Mystical Cookie – Finally we get to my beloved MystiTool. This was the first HUD I ever bought back in 2007 and I haven’t stopped using it since. It just has so many features from the full sim radar, emotes, movelock, rezzers, av toys and so much more. I don’t think I have even used all of the features it comes with. I know a lot of people say this HUD is old and dated and clunky, but it has never given me any problems and it doesn’t feel dated to me at all. In fact I’ve received many free updates for it throughout the years that the designer was so kind enough to send. Definitely worth every linden!
I know some of the functions these HUDs provide me with may be available in different viewers already, but since I stick with using the official viewer, to me these tools are essential.
So these are my favorite tools that I use the most often. What tools do you use? If you don’t have any favorite tools, then feel free to just share a screenshot of your viewer and talk about how you like it setup or if there are any tricks and tips you have for a more smoother SL experience.
Please remember that you can participate in any of the memes/challenges at any time. You’ll find them all under my Blog Challenges category along with other memes and challenges I’ve done over the years.
Monday is Martin Luther King Jr. Day in the US so I have it off. I’ll be out causing trouble in RL so I’m posting the meme early. Hope you guys have a fabulous week! <3 What I'm wearing: *Skin: -Glam Affair - Mokatana - Jamaica 01 E by Aida Ewing (@ Collabor88)
*Eyes: IKON Promise Eyes – Hazel by Ikon Innovia (@ FaMESHed)
*Hair: TRUTH HAIR Esperanza by Truth Hawks
*Dress: Maitreya Vintage Lace Gown – Bridal by Onyx LeShelle (@ Collabor88)
*Necklace: Zaara : Nizam Pearl choker *white* by Zaara Kohime