I’m kind of a social media junkie, whenever I see a shiny new social media site, I feel I must join. I even have an About.me page setup for myself.
Here’s a list of social media sites I am a part of and use most often:
- Second Life Profile – This is my Second Life web-based profile where I share all of my latest blog posts in the feed section. I also follow and interact with others that are actively using their profile feeds. Feel free to follow me if you like!
- Flickr – I’ve been a flickr user since August of 2007. It’s where I love to share my feelings and fashion translated into photography and art. Whenever I share an image on flickr that I have also used in a blog post, I always put a link to the corresponding blog post in the description so people can look up all my style credits.
- Facebook – This is my Facebook Page. If you are on facebook and also a fan of my blog, I would appreciate a “like” I share all of my blog posts on there, including the ones here and on other sites I blog for. I also have a facebook profile which I don’t really use that often but you can friend me there if you like.
- Google Plus – I received an invite from a friend during the beta stage and have been using plus since June 29th, 2011. I have also created a Google+ Page for my blog now and update it each time I complete a blog post. If you are on Google+ and a fan of my blog, I would appreciate a “+1 and a follow” on my Google+ Page.
- Twitter – Although I joined Twitter on September 23rd 2008, I didn’t actually start using it regularly till 2011. Now I can’t seem to get enough. I use it to share quotes from my tumblr page, posts from my blog, flirt with celebrities, connect with Empire Avenue players and learn more about Social Media. Twitter is a great informative resource for me and I tend to follow not only my friends on there, but other RL bloggers that I love to read.
- Youtube – I upload all of my video tutorials there and listen to other youtubers, watch a lot of tutorials, favorite a lot of videos, etc…
- Pinterest – People keep telling me that I need to pin my blog pictures there, so I try to (when I remember) but I’m not sure what else to use it for. I might think of some interesting boards and share some fun stuff soon.
- Tumblr – I’ve always been a very big quote collector. I love to read and collect inspirational quotes that motivate me to improve my quality of life. My tumblr is not as pretty or exciting as most tumblrs out there, but I do use it to share these wonderful quotes that I have collected over the years.
- Empire Avenue – I’ve blogged a tutorial for Empire Avenue a while back when I first joined which you may find helpful. I thoroughly enjoy EA and all the people I’ve met through it. It’s a great place to interact and make some connections.
- Plurk – (I am temporarily not reading plurk) I’ve been on plurk since September of 2008. I am the most active on plurk and use it for a variety of reasons including: interacting with other SLers, promotional purposes, sharing my pictures, my blog posts and other events, sales and notices that catch my attention.
Here’s a list of social media sites that are only for Second Life residents:
- Second Life Community Forums – These are the official SL forums that I sometimes participate in.
- Koinup – Similar to flickr, it is a photo sharing site but is more geared towards virtual worlds.
- SLUniverse – Specifically geared to the SL community.
- Second Life Wiki – It doesn’t really have that much information on it and I’m not sure if many residents actually create and/or use these wiki pages.
Other links I’d like to share:
- My Anonymous Feedback Page – where you can tell me how much I suck.
- Berrylicious Inworld Group – Not really a social media site, but an inworld group. This group is just an extension of my blog which I utilize to share information about my blog posts and also different sales and events occuring across the grid that catch my interest.
- My Meta Avatar – Another SL resident created this meta avatar page for me which is quite fun and hilarious. I blogged about it here if you’d like more information about it.
- Klout – Klout is a social media tool that measures influence across the Web, specifically your Twitter ranking.
- Technorati – Technorati is an Internet search engine for searching blogs.
- Gravatar – Gravatar is a service for providing globally-unique avatars.
- Alexa – Would you like to write a review for StrawberrySingh.com on Alexa? You can also download the StrawberrySingh.com toolbar.
This page is a work in progress…
Feel free to add me to any and all of these sites, I accept all friend requests. <3