I’m kind of a social media junkie, whenever I see a shiny new social media site, I feel I must join. I even have an About.me page setup for myself.
Here are a list of social media sites I am a part of and use most often:
- Second Life Profile – This is my Second Life web-based profile where I share all of my latest blog posts in the feed section. I also follow and interact with others that are actively using their profile feeds. Feel free to follow me if you like!
- Flickr – I’ve been a flickr user since August of 2007. It’s where I love to share my feelings and fashion translated into photography and art. Whenever I share an image on flickr that I have also used in a blog post, I always put a link to the corresponding blog post in the description so people can look up all my style credits.
- Facebook – This is my Facebook Page. If you are on facebook and also a fan of my blog, I would appreciate a “like” I share all of my blog posts on there, including the ones here and on other sites I blog for. I also have a facebook profile which I don’t really use that often but you can friend me there if you like.
- Google Plus – I received an invite from a friend during the beta stage and have been using plus since June 29th, 2011. I have also created a Google+ Page for my blog now and update it each time I complete a blog post. If you are on Google+ and a fan of my blog, I would appreciate a “+1 and a follow” on my Google+ Page.
- Twitter – Although I joined Twitter on September 23rd 2008, I didn’t actually start using it regularly till 2011. Now I can’t seem to get enough. I use it to share quotes from my tumblr page, posts from my blog, flirt with celebrities, connect with Empire Avenue players and learn more about Social Media. Twitter is a great informative resource for me and I tend to follow not only my friends on there, but other RL bloggers that I love to read.
- Reddit – I recently became more active on reddit because there is a new SL subreddit that is more welcoming. I hope you guys subscribe and participate as well: http://www.reddit.com/r/sl
- Youtube – I upload all of my video tutorials there and listen to other youtubers, watch a lot of tutorials, favorite a lot of videos, etc…
- Pinterest – People keep telling me that I need to pin my blog pictures there, so I try to (when I remember) but I’m not sure what else to use it for. I might think of some interesting boards and share some fun stuff soon.
- Tumblr – I’ve always been a very big quote collector. I love to read and collect inspirational quotes that motivate me to improve my quality of life. My tumblr is not as pretty or exciting as most tumblrs out there, but I do use it to share these wonderful quotes that I have collected over the years.
- Empire Avenue – I’ve blogged a tutorial for Empire Avenue a while back when I first joined which you may find helpful. I thoroughly enjoy EA and all the people I’ve met through it. It’s a great place to interact and make some connections.
- Plurk – I’ve been on plurk since September of 2008. I am the most active on plurk and use it for a variety of reasons including: interacting with other SLers, promotional purposes, sharing my pictures, my blog posts and other events, sales and notices that catch my attention. (I am temporarily not reading plurk or sharing all of my blog posts on there)
- Bloglovin – Bloglovin is actually a feed reader but it works like a social network, which I love! You can follow your friends on there and see what blogs they are reading. Feel free to follow me on there, I try and follow everyone back. You can also follow my blog on bloglovin as well. Thank you!
Here’s a list of social media sites that are only for Second Life residents:
- Second Life Community Forums – These are the official SL forums that I sometimes participate in.
- Koinup – Similar to flickr, it is a photo sharing site but is more geared towards virtual worlds.
- SLUniverse – Specifically geared to the SL community.
- Second Life Wiki – It doesn’t really have that much information on it and I’m not sure if many residents actually create and/or use these wiki pages.
Other links I’d like to share:
- My Profile on Issuu.com – I am a big magazine reader, in both lives. I follow, fav and read all of my favorite Second Life magazines on issuu. You can go through my stacks and see all the ones I’ve been featured in.
- My Anonymous Feedback Page – where you can tell me how much I suck.
- Berrylicious Inworld Group – Not really a social media site, but an inworld group. This group is just an extension of my blog which I utilize to share information about my blog posts and also different sales and events occuring across the grid that catch my interest.
- My Meta Avatar – Another SL resident created this meta avatar page for me which is quite fun and hilarious. I blogged about it here if you’d like more information about it.
- Klout – Klout is a social media tool that measures influence across the Web, specifically your Twitter ranking.
- Technorati – Technorati is an Internet search engine for searching blogs.
- Gravatar – Gravatar is a service for providing globally-unique avatars.
- Alexa – Would you like to write a review for StrawberrySingh.com on Alexa? You can also download the StrawberrySingh.com toolbar.
This page is a work in progress…
Feel free to add me to any and all of these sites, I accept all friend requests. <3