I couldn’t resist using my ALT today to show the back of this hot new mesh dress. This sexy dress came out in perfect time to help me celebrate my Plurk Anniversary today. Four years ago today I found plurk.
I admit, I have somewhat of a love/hate relationship with plurk at times. Since I’ve been there four years and my timeline is public (and I rarely remove people), I have accumulated quite a number of friends. At times, plurk can be very overwhelming, but it is definitely my most favorite social network of ALL of the social networks I am on. Plurk is where I go to rant, gossip or just share silly articles and my blog posts. Whenever I have a question about anything, especially if it’s SL related, I always turn to plurk because my plurk friends are just brilliant it seems! They ALWAYS have the answer to everything. I have blogged about plurk in the past, many times, and even did a “Berry’s Favorite Things Post” about it once.
Plurk has somewhat of a bad reputation for being a drama-ridden hell-hole and although at times it can be :P It’s not like that most of the time, not for me anyways. Plurk is what you make it. I like to use it to be goofy and playful but I also like to use it to stay informed.
I’m going to list some plurkers now that I think are a good follow if you’d like to stay informed about SL related things. (I made sure all of these plurkers have public timelines, are open to having people friending and following them and are relatively drama-free most of the time):
- @Codie – If you look at Codie’s start date on plurk, she’s been a member since June 2008. To my understanding, she was one of the first SLers to discover and join plurk and is currently the one with the most friends and fans. She plurks a lot about technology and current events. Lots of intellectual discussions happening in her plurks but at the same time, she also plurks a lot of herself sharing personal things as well which is always a nice mix.
- @anubisdarkwatch – Anubis is an SL DJ but in plurk he is the person I turn to when I just want to relax and have a good laugh. He always has a funny picture or meme up his sleeve. He’s genuinely nice and friendly with everyone, and that’s what I love about him the most! <3
- For news and updates about mesh the following are the plurkers you want to follow: @EmmaG, @DamienFate and @maxwell_graf. Of course they do plurk about other personal things, current events and things they are creating inworld. However, whenever there is any news about mesh with jiras and linden meetings, etc… they are usually the first to know and plurk about it.
- Informative ladies: @Vaki and @cajsalilliehook – Both of them share a lot of great information if you want to keep up with current events, especially leaning towards the political side and of course they throw in SL fashion in the mix as well. These are the ladies to have on your timeline if you want to have intellectual and informative conversations about a variety of topics.
- SL News: @danielvoyager, @nalates, @Hamlet_Au and Inara_Pey- All of them will keep you up to date with everything going on in SL from events to technology and even other virtual worlds. Their blogs are where I get the latest SL related news from.
- And FINALLY, don’t forget to follow @Secondlife they plurk all sorts of information on a daily basis, including the Picture of the Day! Which I was chosen for today, so thank you Second Life for that! :D A lot of people ask HOW do you get chosen to be Picture of the day, well all you have to do is submit your picture into the Second Life Official Flickr Group, but make sure to read the description of the group carefully so you know all the terms before submitting your pictures in there!
There are so many more people that I LOVE to follow and read but the majority of them have private timelines or plurk things that are very personal to them so I didn’t want to link to them out of respect. But once you join plurk, make sure to add me and join the conversations! Also, if you are already on plurk but not on my timeline, I am really shy about sending requests to people because I don’t always get a chance to read everyone. But if you ever wish to add me, please feel free to send me a request, I always accept!
Finally, a big thank you to all of my plurk friends for putting up with my goofy plurks and answering the dozens of questions I ask all of the time. You guys have been there for me a lot, especially recently when I’ve been having a lot of ups and downs. So from the bottom of my heart, thank you! It’s been a wonderful four years and I look forward to many more! <3
On my ALT (right):
Skin: Glam Affair - Cassiopea - Jamaica - Tesea D by Aida Ewing (@ TDR this month)
Hair: [elikatira] Figure – Brown 08 by Elikapeka Tiramisu
Dress: erratic / abby – cowl neck dress / glitter aqua (S) by Erratic Rain
Earrings: [ glow ] studio – Pearls & Spikes Earring (silver) by Jocelyn Anatine (@ TDR this month)
On me (left):
*Skin: Glam Affair – Lilith – India 09 D by Aida Ewing
*Hair: >TRUTH< Siri – mocha by Truth Hawks
*Dress: erratic / abby – cowl neck dress / glitter silver (S) by Erratic Rain
Earrings: Paper Couture; Reclining Feline Earrings by Cora Lu
*Ring: -[AddiCt]-Virgo’s Ring/Pewter by Kianna Noel & Naith Smit (@ Zodiac Virgo)
Nails: Candy Nail #FP006 Clear Glitter French 3color change by Peche Bury
*Poses: Exposeur by RubyStarlight Writer