In April of 2018 the majority of the Genesis Lab team left and started a new brand named Genus Project. In mid June 2018 Genus Project released a beta version of their first head, I blogged a picture of it back then, but I wanted to wait to blog it in detail with a video once it was released out of beta. However, after a few weeks they closed their mainstore and stopped the sale of the beta head in order to finish all the updates to it.
Genus Project then announced that they would put it back up for sale once the head was updated. At the time of this post, it is still not up for sale, however, I am going forward with my post because the designer just this week sent me an update to the head, which now makes it Omega compatible. The designer also told me that she is still working on the head but is thinking about putting it up for sale as a beta version again as she continues to work on it. I am not sure exactly when she will do this, but she told me it will be very soon.
Here is a link to the Genus Project mainstore, which is closed right now but will be open again once the head is up for sale. Keep an eye on that slurl to know when it gets released. You can also join the Genus Project Group Inworld to get continuous updates about their heads.
I’ve done a detailed video about this head but first here is some information about it:
- Price: I will put the price here once it is up for sale again. This is the link to the Genus Project mainstore.
- Skin Appliers: The head comes with a skin in three skin tones: Bronze, Brownie, and Peach.
- Body Appliers: You need to purchase theSkinnery body appliers at theSkinnery mainstore to match the skin the head comes with and any other skins that have been released by Genus Project so far, such as the Nataly skin.
- Omega Compatibility: The update that I received this week is fully omega compatible, including the rigged eyes that come with the head. Click over to the marketplace to purchase the Genus Omega System Kit.
- Body Parts: It comes with rigged eyes, jaws (includes teeth and tongue), and a neck fix.
- Universal HUD: The head comes with one universal HUD with three tabs on the left side and two slides on the right side:
- Genetics Tab: In this tab you can change hairbase, brows, eyeslashes, beauty marks, teeth, tongue, eyes, sclera, and lacimal.
- Cosmetics Tab: In this tab you have a variety of makeup to choose from: eyeliners, eyeshadows, tattoos, blush, and lipstick.
- Settings Tab: In this tab you have neck fit, teeth shape, teeth and tongue add-ons, resize eyes, resize lashes and ears rotate.
- Layers Control Slide: In this slide you can tint and remove the following layers: hairbase, eyelashes, eyeshadow, tattoo, blush, lipstick, eyes sclera, lacrimal, and neck. If you click the settings tab while in this slide you will have the option to control certain textures on the head such as: pores, wrinkles, oily skin, wet skin, glam skin, and glow skin. You can also hide scalp and ears here. If you click on the cosmetics or genetics tab while in this slid eyou will have the option to reset the head to default, hide all layers, show all layers and control the opacity.
- Freeze Body Slide: In this slide you have the option to freeze your body in a still position, position your eyes in a certain position and open or close your lips.
- Animations: This head does not come with animations as of yet. It does come with three gesture moods which you can enable and trigger by typing a command. Watch my video below to see them.
- Complexity: If you wear all the attachments this head comes with, your complexity will increase by around 22,000.
- Customer Service Questions: If you have any questions about this head, it would be best if you looked at the designer’s profile, their name is GenusProject Resident, to see how they prefer to be contacted for customer service issues as I will probably not be able to assist you with that.
Watch my video on YouTube for more details:
These are some of the skins I’ve tried on this head in the video:
- Genus Project Skin (comes with head)
- Genus Project Nataly #13 Rare
- Glam Affair Milly
- Atelier Pepe Alyssa
One thing I want to point out about this head is the neck seam. It seems to be more noticeable, especially with certain skins. I am not a person that likes the way neck fixes look, but you can try and mess with it and see if it works for you. You can also zoom into the image I posted above to see the neck seams on all the skins, those headshots are all raw shots, not processed.
Here are some links for Genus Project:
- Genus Project Mainstore
- Genus Project Group Inworld
- Genus Project Flickr Group
- Anna’s Flickr and Facebook
- Freezea’s Flickr and Facebook
For more of my mesh head reviews and videos, click over to my Mesh Heads Category on my blog and my Male and Female Mesh Head Playlists on my YouTube channel. I have also created a page with a list of all mesh body parts that I have blogged.
I’ve also uploaded a closeup on my Instagram:
I have made my own shape for this head and as soon as I release it, I will link to it from this post.
I have released my shape for this head now and it is available in my marketplace store.
My Style Credits:
Shape: StrawberrySingh.com Genus Shape by Strawberry Singh
*Mesh Body: Maitreya Mesh Body – Lara V4.1 by Onyx LeShelle
*Mesh Head: GENUS Project – Genus Bento head v1.0 – Mocap by GenusProject
*Skin: Atelier Pepe Alyssa by pepehair
*Hair: TRUTH / Gwen by Truth Hawks (Group Gift)
*Dress: Blueberry -ForeverBerry-Long-Straps- White/White – #1 M RARE by Blueberryxx (Epiphany)
*Earrings: [MANDALA]Cheerful Earring by kikunosuke Eel (Uber)