I’m kind of a social media junkie, whenever I see a shiny new social media site, I feel I must join. I even have an About.me page setup for myself.
Before I list all of my social networks though, I thought I would share the two community groups that I run:
- Berrylicious Inworld Group – This is a group I run inworld which you can join so you get notified of all of my blog posts and I also chat in the group with the members from time to time.
- StrawberrySingh.com Discord Server – I have my own server on Discord which you are free to join so you can chat with me and other Second Life residents. You can also ask me any questions or share your links in the different channels. I have done a short tutorial on Discord in case you are not sure how to use it.
Here is a list of social networks I am a part of and use most often:
- Second Life Profile – This is my Second Life web-based profile where I share all of my latest blog posts in the feed section.
- Flickr – I’ve been a flickr user since August of 2007. It’s where I love to share my feelings and fashion translated into photography and art. Whenever I share an image on flickr that I have also used in a blog post, I always put a link to the corresponding blog post in the description so people can look up all my style credits.
- Facebook – This is my Facebook Page. If you are on facebook and also a fan of my blog, I would appreciate a “like” I share all of my blog posts on there, including the ones here and on other sites I blog for.
- Google Plus – I received an invite from a friend during the beta stage and have been using plus since June 29th, 2011. I have also created a Google+ Page for my blog now and update it each time I complete a blog post. If you are on Google+ and a fan of my blog, I would appreciate a “+1 and a follow” on my Google+ Page.
- Twitter – Although I joined Twitter on September 23rd 2008, I didn’t actually start using it regularly till 2011. Now I can’t seem to get enough. Twitter is a great informative resource for me and I tend to follow not only my friends on there, but other RL bloggers, news sources and hashtags that I love to read.
- Pinterest – I pin all of my blog images on there along with other images (RL & SL) that interest me. I also have a few informative pin boards where I share tutorials for Second Life, Photoshop, blogging, social media and more.
- Youtube – I upload all of my Second Life videos there. Please remember to hit the subscribe button to keep up with all of my vlogging activity about SL.
- YouTube Gaming – Watch me live stream from Second Life!
Other social networks I am on but not that active:
- Second Life Community Forums – I am not that active on the Second Life Community forums however, they are a great resource for those interested in chatting and sharing with other SL residents.
- Reddit – I am somewhat active on the SecondLife Subreddit.
- Tumblr – I love to read and collect inspirational quotes that motivate me to improve my quality of life. My tumblr is not as pretty or exciting as most tumblrs out there, but I do use it to share these wonderful quotes that I have collected over the years.
- Empire Avenue – I’ve blogged a tutorial for Empire Avenue a while back when I first joined which you may find helpful. I thoroughly enjoy EA and all the people I’ve met through it. It’s a great place to interact and make some connections.
- Plurk – I’m no longer on this network but may return some day.
- Ello – I have an account on here but I’m not very active.
- Bloglovin – Bloglovin is actually a feed reader but it works like a social network, which I love! You can follow your friends on there and see what blogs they are reading. Feel free to follow me on there, I try and follow everyone back. You can also follow my blog on bloglovin as well. Thank you!
A list of social media sites that are only for Second Life residents:
- ASNERS.com – Resident owned network for gamers.
- Onlinker – Resident owned social network (like Facebook) for Second Life residents.
- Wiply – Resident owned social network.
- SLUniverse – Resident owned forums for Second Life residents.
- Koinup – Photo sharing site geared towards virtual worlds.
- Second Life Wiki – I don’t believe we are able to update this anymore.
Other links I’d like to share:
- Ask me a question on Ask.fm – You can ask me any question anonymously.
- My Anonymous Feedback Page – where you can tell me how much I suck.
- My Profile on Issuu.com – I am a big magazine reader, in both lives. I follow, fav and read all of my favorite Second Life magazines on issuu. You can go through my stacks and see all the ones I’ve been featured in.
- Klout – Klout is a social media tool that measures influence across the Web, specifically your Twitter ranking.
- Gravatar – Gravatar is a service for providing globally-unique avatars.
- Alexa – Alexa is the leading provider of free, global web metrics.
- Quantcast – Quantcast specializes in audience measurement.
- SimilarWeb – SimilarWeb provides services in web analytics and data mining.
Thanks for your support!