There have been some changes in my real life that I wanted to share with you and be completely transparent about. I have been hired by Linden Lab as their Marketing Content Specialist.
This is a new chapter in my life which came at a perfect time when I felt like I really needed a change. I am incredibly excited to be working for a company for whose product I have so much love and passion.
Going forward, this blog will no longer promote brands in Second Life as I don’t want there to be a conflict of interest because of my new position. Therefore, I will no longer be sharing style credits or reviews on items inworld. I will, however, continue to use this blog to occasionally do exploration videos of various Second Life destinations, other topics of interest, as well as specific announcements that Linden Lab might ask me to make. (UPDATE: I just want to clarify this last statement to rectify any confusion. The blog posts you will see on this blog will be from me, as Strawberry Singh, and the things that I want to talk about. They will not be official announcements from The Lab. For official announcements from Linden Lab, please follow the blog section on the Second Life community forums.)
As a result of my new position, I do want to clarify a few things:
- I will no longer share any personal real life information, opinions, or updates about me, and will try to keep this blog completely professional from now on.
- I will no longer be accepting new advertisements on this blog. The Residents that currently have advertisements on my sidebar will definitely stay there until their ad campaign has ended because the ad has already been paid for. However, once the campaign ends, the ads will be removed and no new campaigns will be started.
- I will be leaving my shapes up in my marketplace store for now, and I will provide customer service for them if you have any questions or issues. However, I do plan to take them down eventually, and stop selling all items, sometime in the near future.
- I will not be able to assist you with any customer service issues for any brands in Second Life, other than my own. I am no longer a brand manager for Zaara or any other Creator inworld. Please contact the Creator of the items for assistance.
- I will not be able to assist you with styling your avatars or helping you decide what to purchase. Please contact The Makeover Agency for assistance.
- I will not be able to assist you if you, or your friends, have an issue with your Second Life account. Please file a ticket for assistance.
It has been an absolute pleasure serving the Second Life community as a blogger since 2007. Now I look forward to serving the community as an employee. Thank you for your support all of these years. <3
UPDATE: I don’t even know how to begin thanking you guys! Thank you so much for all of the support! A few questions I see coming up here and on my social networks that I’ll quickly answer.
Yes, I am Strawberry Linden now. However, I am still keeping Strawberry Singh and will be that on SL, here on this blog, as well as any current social networks I’m on. I have and will be deleting my Discord server, other smaller social networks I’m on, and possibly my group inworld. I will continue to just keep a handful of social networks where I can still interact with the community like my Flickr, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
None of my current blog posts or videos will be taken down. I just won’t be creating any new reviews or fashion posts. I will miss doing the posts as well, but I feel like I was on the verge of burnout over the review videos, so it’s a welcome change.
I will be working from home and I am not moving to California. My real life circumstances changed so my direction in life changed. I feel very fortunate to turn a beloved hobby into a career. Thank you again for your support!