Happy new year Second Life residents, from both of my avatars, Strawberry Singh and Manberry Resident! 😛
Real Life News
I do have some news that I’ve been wanting to share with you guys for a while now. I am pregnant and my due date is in the summer. I wanted to share that with you guys because I wanted you to be aware in case I disappear for a bit before and after birth. I’ll probably find a way to login and relax every once in a while, but I believe my online hobby time will take a bit of a hit.
The only thing I ask of you guys is to please keep me in your prayers. Some of you may know that last year when I took a hiatus from SL, I actually had a miscarriage. This is why we waited a while before telling anyone this time. I am well into my second trimester and doing okay. So please, keep us in your thoughts and prayers. <3
All that being said, I probably won’t talk about my pregnancy again on my blog. I just wanted to let you guys know what’s going on with me in case I do disappear for a bit. So no worries, this is not turning into a baby blog and I will not be getting pregnant in Second Life too lol!
New Years Resolutions
I’ve pretty much stopped doing new years resolutions for myself a few years ago. I just focus on keeping healthy, doing what I love, and spending lots of time with family and friends.
However, back in 2016, I blogged some resolutions for you guys to complete over the year with me. So I kind of wanted to bring that back and challenge you guys again, and myself, as a reminder to do better and be better. This time I’m going to change just a few things in the list.
- TED Talks Again – Motivation for the New Year (and every day) – Last time I shared the TED Talks to inspire New Year’s Resolutions – so this time I decided to share the motivation ones. Again most of them are pretty short and easy to get through, but I think they are much needed, especially in today’s political climate. I hope you get the chance to watch even a few of them.
- Vote! – 2020 is going to be a really important year for Americans. No matter which country you live in though, don’t give up your right to vote and have your voice heard. Make sure to register today, so you are prepared for tomorrow!
- Donate and/or Volunteer – Find a cause that is near and dear to your heart and take action. It’s a great feeling to help others in need, even if you feel you don’t have much to give. If you are not sure where to start, Give.org and VolunteerMatch.org are great websites to get some ideas from. But even helping out a friend or neighbor is a wonderful way to pay it forward.
- Comment – Leave a comment on a blog that you never have before. Find something that catches your eye and let them know your appreciation. It doesn’t have to be an SL-related blog, but if you are looking for a blog to comment on, you can check out my blogroll for some interesting blogs.
- Reconnect – Look at your friends list in SL (or any social network) and see if anyone has fallen off your radar whose company you really enjoyed, and just send them a message to let them know they are in your thoughts.
- Explore Second Life – Take some time to explore Second Life. The Linden Endowment of the Arts is an official Linden Community Partnership program whose purpose is to help new artists, cultivate art in SL, and foster creativity, innovation, and collaboration within the art community. The LEA is on hiatus right now but they will be back soon. In the meantime you can check out the latest installation at the GBTH Project. You can also explore other parts of SL, look for places in the Destination Guide or my Explore Second Life Flickr group.
- Give thanks – I think we all need to stop and take a moment to appreciate what a wonderful platform we’ve got here. Second Life lets us connect with people all over the world and some of us even make a living here. Most of the time, we’re all pretty hard on the Lab. No matter what they do, I always see people find a reason to complain about it. So take a moment and let the Lindens know that you appreciate the work they do and the platform they provide. You can send them a message on Twitter to their Second Life or Linden Lab accounts or leave it on their my.secondlife profile or any of their other social networks!
- Work hard, but stay humble – This is more a reminder for myself, but I thought a good opportunity to remind those who need it. Work hard, succeed and be proud of your work, but always remember to remain humble. Every time I forget and let things I’ve accomplished feed my ego, something always happens to ground me again. So stay humble in life, and don’t take anything or anyone for granted.
- Make time for people who matter most – We all love logging in to Second Life, but for some, it can be a big distraction from the real world and the people that matter most. Call your mom and dad. Hang out with your siblings. Connect with your spouse. Play with your children. Spend time with your friends. One day when you look up from your phone or computer screen, the people you love won’t be around anymore.
- Start a daily mantra for yourself – I blogged about this before, and I feel like it really works. I have been saying this mantra to myself almost every morning for years now. I have this written on a piece of paper near my desk and I repeat it to myself often. Feel free to save the image, print it out, or make up your own mantra. I sincerely encourage you guys to do this because it really made a difference for me:
So that’s the updated list for this year. I’ve already done most of it and will continue in 2019. I hope you guys are able to at least a few of them. If you plan to do parts of the list, let me know in the comments!
My Blogging milestones and Top 10s for 2018
And now, just for fun, here are some of the milestones I’ve reached this past year.
- My blog has reached over 4.3 million views.
- Over 14,000 subscribers on my YouTube channel (I’ll do a giveaway at 15K)
- Over 13,000 likes on my Facebook Page.
- Over 5,000 Twitter followers.
- Over 2,000 Instagram followers.
- Over 16,000 Flickr followers.
Top 10 Posts from 2018:
- Second Life Project BakesOnMesh
- Berry’s 2018 Mesh Body Parts Survey
- Genus Project Bento Mesh Head
- Skin Fair 2018
- TMP Male & Female Mesh Bodies on Sale
- Second Life Vendor Systems
- Flickr Tips for Virtual World and Digital Artists
- How to Become a Content Creator in Second Life
- Magnificent GA.EG Bento Mesh Hipster Stache & Beard
- Introduction to Sinespace
Top 10 Referrers from 2018:
- Second Life Community Forums
Top 10 Search Engine Terms from 2018:
- strawberry singh
- second life blog
- sl fashions
- how to use obs studio
- exploring places in second life
- genus head
- second life discord
I am so thankful that my search terms are no longer NSFW, like last year!
Songs I Love
People often ask me what kind of music I listen to. Honestly, I listen to pretty much everything. However, my most favorite songs are not actually in English. So I’ve decided to create a YouTube Playlist full of some of my favorite songs that I listen to over and over. Most of the songs are by Pakistani and Indian singers. I’ll keep adding to the list, hope you enjoy! <3
I hope you have a safe and fun new years eve and a wonderful 2019. My wish for you this coming year is a life full of health, happiness, and love. <3
UPDATE: I also did a quick 3 minute live stream: https://youtu.be/UckDuNA5yjk
Berry’s Style Credits:
Shape: StrawberrySingh.com LeLutka-Aida Shape by Strawberry Singh
*Mesh Body: Maitreya Mesh Body – Lara V4.1 by Onyx LeShelle
*Mesh Head: .LeLutka.Head.Aida 3.3 by JadenArt
*Skin: Glam Affair – Nimoe by Aida Ewing (Uber)
*Hair: MINA Hair – Leslie by Mina Nakamura (Uber)
*Dress: Baiastice_Mes fleurs Dress by Sissy Pessoa (Holiday Collection 2018/2019)
Shoes: #EMPIRE – Quisqualis by QUEENshop
*Necklace & Earrings: EarthStones Vintage Pearl by Abraxxa Anatine
*Headband: .miss chelsea. Lulu NYE Headband by MissChelseaStore
Manberry’s Style Credits:
Shape: StrawberrySingh.com Daniel Shape by Strawberry Singh
*Mesh Body: [Signature] Gianni BODY v4.6 by Mona Delpiaz & Raph Dirval
*Mesh Head: CATWA HEAD Daniel v3.0 by Catwa Clip
*Mesh Ears: [MANDALA]SIMPLE_EARS_HUTUU by kikunosuke Eel
*Skin Applier: STRAY DOG – JASON – TONE 06 by Gac Akina
*Bento Beard: [MF] Daniel Bento Hipster Stache & Beard Medium – Night by ElleEtGance
*Hair: Stealthic – Haunting by Stealthic
*Suit: [SIGNATURE] Suit Tailor GREY by Mona Delpiaz & Raph Dirval