On November 20th, the Genus Project team did a major update and finally took their Genus Bento head out of beta. There are a lot of changes that I want to cover so bear with me as I go through it all.
Decoding Names of the Genus Bento Heads
Now there is more than just one Genus Project bento head. So far they have fully released two: The Classic and the Baby Face. The classic is the original head that they had released as a beta. They have announced the release of two more heads, that they will be releasing soon: Strong Face and Strange Look. Click over to take a look at the chart on their Flickr which helps you decode their names. I’ll also embed it below:
In this blog post, I will be showing the Baby Face W001 Head. The shape that I released for the Genus Beta head is the shape I use for the Classic W001. I will be releasing another shape today for the Baby Face W001 head.
GENUS Bento Heads Pricing & Info
- Price: The price of Genus bento heads is L$5500, and they are available at the Genus Project mainstore. DEMOs are free and also available at the mainstore. Their smart DEMO system only lets you try the DEMO while you are at the mainstore.
- Skin Appliers: All heads come with the Genus Basic Skin applier in three skin tones: Honey, Toffee, and Brownie.
- Body Appliers: You need to purchase theSkinnery body appliers at theSkinnery mainstore to match the skin the heads come with and any other skins that have been released by Genus Project.
- Omega Compatibility: They are fully omega compatible, including the rigged eyes that come with the heads. Click over to the marketplace to purchase the Genus Omega System Kit and activate the omega by attaching and clicking on the installer. It will verify each piece of the mesh head and activate the omega. Once clicked and activated, you don’t need to wear the omega hud again.
- Body Parts: It comes with rigged eyes, jaws (includes teeth and tongue), and a neck fix.
- Universal HUD: The head comes with two universal HUDs (size big or small) with three tabs on the left side and two slides on the right side:
- Genetics Tab: In this tab, you can change hairbase, brows, eyelashes, beauty marks, teeth, tongue, eyes, sclera, and lacrimal.
- Cosmetics Tab: In this tab, you have a variety of makeup to choose from: eyeliners, eyeshadows, tattoos, blush, and lipstick.
- Settings Tab: In this tab, you have neck fit, teeth shape, teeth and tongue add-ons, resize eyes, resize lashes and ears rotate.
- Layers Control Slide: In this slide, you can tint and remove the following layers: hairbase, eyelashes, eyeshadow, tattoo, blush, lipstick, eyes sclera, lacrimal, neck, and skin. If you click the settings tab while in this slide you will have the option to control certain textures on the head such as pores, wrinkles, oily skin, wet skin, glam skin, and glow skin. You can also hide scalp and ears here. If you click on the cosmetics or genetics tab while in this slide you will have the option to reset the head to default, hide all layers, show all layers and control the opacity.
- Freeze Body Slide: In this slide, you have the option to freeze your body in a still position, position your eyes in a certain position and open or close your lips.
- Basic Animation HUD: The Animation HUD includes 22 mocap animations: Emotional Moods, Basic (Relaxed) Moods, Talk & Chew animations, and Facial Expressions. There are also 6 static face expressions, static poses lips, eyes, and brows as well as an eyes rotation control.
- Customer Service Questions: If you have any questions about this head, it would be best if you looked at the designer’s profile, their name is GenusProject Resident, to see how they prefer to be contacted for customer service issues as I will probably not be able to assist you with that. You can also join the GenusProject inworld group to get news, updates, and assistance from the other group members.
Video for Genus Project Updates
On Tuesday, December 11th, 2018 at 5am PDT I will do a live stream on my YouTube channel in which I will cover the Genus Project Universal HUD, Basic Animation HUD, show you guys some skins on the Baby Face Head and also play with the sliders. You can watch me live on my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/strawberrysingh22/live
Skins I tried on in the video:
- Pepe Skin Rosa
- Deetalez Cedrica
- Deetalez Jordan
- Glam Affair Roxy
- Genus Nataly
- theSkinnery Mycha
- Spicy Olivia
Links for GENUS Project:
- Genus Project Mainstore
- Genus Project Group Inworld
- Genus Project Flickr Group
- Genus Catalogue Flickr Group (For vendor images of content made for Genus heads)
- Anna’s Flickr and Facebook
- Freezea’s Flickr and Facebook
- Genus Project Discord Server
My Shapes for Genus Bento Heads
As I said earlier in this post, the classic head is the same as the Genus beta that was released first. So my Genus shape that I released in August is for the classic head, you can pick it up in my marketplace store.
My shape for the Genus Baby Face will also be released very soon. Once I release it, I will link to it from here.
I have released my shape for this head now, and it is available in my marketplace store.
My Style Credits:
Shape: StrawberrySingh.com Genus-Baby-Face Shape by Strawberry Singh
*Mesh Body: Maitreya Mesh Body – Lara V4.1 by Onyx LeShelle
*Mesh Head: GENUS Project – Genus Head – Baby Face W001 – v1.4 – Mocap by GenusProject
*Skin Applier: Pepe Skins – Omega – Rosa (Sandy) by pepehair (Vanity Event)
*Eyes Applier: Avi-Glam Crystal Eyes by Kendra Parfort
*Hair: TRUTH / Jacica by Truth Hair (Group Gift)
Santa Hat: EmilyC Santa Hat resizable by Czitka
*Sweater: Rebel Gal – Fluffy Fox Sweater by JourdanMcMillan (Uber)
*Jeans: Rebel Gal – Mile High Skinny Jeans by JourdanMcMillan (Uber)
*Earrings: (Yummy) Ornate Christmas Ball Earrings by Polyester Partridge (Uber)
*Pose: GingerFish Poses by Tracy Redangel