Before I start the post, just wanted to thank all those that sent well wishes my way. I am recovering very well and I really appreciate all the support you guys sent me. <3
A couple of weeks ago there was an update to the Genus Project Bento Mesh Head so I wanted to tell you guys about it. Before I get into the update though, I also want to mention there will be a Powder Pack Genus released on December 1st. Powder Pack is a Second Life subscription box which consists of 12 makeup appliers. It will be a first time release for Genus heads and I’m really excited about it because the Genus bento head is one of my favorites!
Powder Pack Genus Subscription box will be up for sale soon (in a couple of days), keep an eye on the Powder Pack marketplace store for when it goes on sale. It will be L$1500 until December 1st. After December 1st, the price will increase.
The Powder Pack team has offered a free box for two of my blog readers, so I am going to do another Powder Pack Giveaway, this time for Genus heads! To enter this giveaway you must click over to my YouTube Giveaway video and answer the following questions in the comments of that video:
- What is your full Second Life username (not display name)?
- Do you own the Genus bento head, and if so, which is your favorite skin for it?
The giveaway will end on Tuesday, November 27th at 9am SLT and I will announce the winners shortly after that. At 9am SLT, I will use RandomCommentPicker.com and let the website choose the 2 winners. I will then announce the winners’ names in the comments of the video. Their names will be added to the Powder Pack subscription list by the Powder Pack team and they will automatically be sent the Powder Pack Genus on December 1st. Good luck to everyone that enters!
Click over to my youtube video to leave a comment and enter the giveaway now: https://youtu.be/h3Hfc-JbVB0
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ENTER THE GIVEAWAY BY ANSWERING THE QUESTIONS IN THE COMMENTS OF THE YOUTUBE VIDEO, AND NOT IN THIS BLOG POST. THAT’S WHERE I’LL BE USING RANDOMCOMMENTPICKER.COM TO PICK THE WINNERS FROM!
I will be unboxing this Genus subscription box on December 1st, 2018, and also unboxing Powder Pack LeLutka on November 17th, so keep an eye on my YouTube channel!
Now on to the Genus Bento Head v1.2 updates:
- Two Universal HUD sizes: There are now two sizes for the Universal HUD. A bigger version was added for those that had a hard time reading the previous version.
- Updated Neck Line: An update to the neck area was made so the neck line should be less visible.
- Neck Fix Colors Added for Tinting: In the Universal HUD under the settings tab in the fitting neck area, two neck skin tones were added, white and grey, for tinting purposes.
- Skin Tint Button Added: In the layers control sliding tab a new skin button was added in the tinting section.
- Tear Drop Hide Button for Lacrimal: In the layers control sliding tab beside Lacrimal, a tear drop hiding button was added so you can hide the Lacrimal if you want to.
- Separate Eye Options Added: In the Universal HUD under the settings tab in the resize eyes area R and L buttons were added so you can resize and move eye textures separately.
Those are all of the changes that I know of so far. There still isn’t an animation HUD for this head so you would still need to use other face animations to animate it. For details about how the HUD works and to see the head in different skins, check out my original blog post about this head: Genus Project Bento Mesh Head
Offtopic, I wanted to mention that I felt that the previous wordpress theme I was using was really slowing down my site. Therefore I have updated my wordpress theme and also changed my blog banner after 8 years. Please let me know in the comments if you feel like my site is loading faster than before, and also how you are liking the new updates. Thank you.
Good luck if you enter the giveaway!
A FEW UPDATES: One day after I did this post, the Genus Project team did another update to this beautiful head. New version 1.3 now comes with an animation HUD! I will definitely be doing another post and video about these updates very soon. They also have a NEW Genus head called baby face, which I will also be blogging very soon. Finally, the store is currently closed because the update has some fixes so they said they would reopen the store after November 17th. Stay tuned everyone!
My Style Credits:
Shape: StrawberrySingh.com Genus Shape by Strawberry Singh
*Mesh Body: Maitreya Mesh Body – Lara V4.1 by Onyx LeShelle
*Mesh Head: GENUS Project – Genus Bento head v1.2 – Mocap by GenusProject
*Skin: DeeTaleZ *Appliers* for Genus Heads *Viktoria* by Steffi Villota
*Eyes Applier: Avi-Glam Crystal Eyes by Kendra Parfort (N21)
*Hair: Sintiklia – Hair Gigi – by Sintikliasims (C88)
*Bodysuit: Jeune by Rowne.Eliza Lace Bodysuit by Fashionboi Landar
*Necklace: .Sintiklia – Diva necklace by Sintikliasims (C88)