Exploring Second Life – Cloudbreak
I have been so busy with work in real life I desperately wanted to carve out some time to relax and do a little exploring in Second Life. I’m so glad I got the chance to do that today.
Today I’ll be exploring the Cloudbreak sim, brought to you by the dirty.pretty team, which created the gorgeous Erebos Harbor that I explored earlier this year. Cloudbreak was designed and created by dirty.pretty and is owned by Valium Lavender.
Cloudbreak is an Indonesian inspired surfer’s paradise spread across a full region and a homestead, with long stretches of natural beaches. It also includes a hidden cave, a stunning waterfall, as well as a full explorable ravine in a dense jungle landscape. The whole region is looked over by Buddha, who sits tall and proud on an island in the sea, accessible by a wooden boardwalk from the beach.
Cloudbreak opened on July 19th, 2018, has a moderate sim rating and is machinima friendly, so an ideal place for shooting videos. There are also four rental properties at Cloudbreak, so if you’re looking to rent a little piece of heaven in Second Life, check out their rental info.
View this post on Instagram
I will start exploring the sim Wednesday at 5am PDT, watch my live stream on my YouTube Channel:
I spoke to one of the dirty.pretty team members before exploring and she sent me some notes about Cloudbreak which I thought I would share with you all:
- In the landing zone, make sure you look up! We have sky hammocks suspended on ropes over the space between our two mountains.
- At the end of the lines suspending the sky hammocks there’s a small wooden platform, from this platform there is a useable zipline which goes across the ravine to another platform beyond one of our waterfalls.
- She told me where the hidden cave is and I showed it in my video but I am not going to share the details here so you guys can discover it yourself. I don’t want to ruin the surprise!
- Cloudbreak has two music venues – The Sand Bar (the small wooden building on the central island) and Air (the large boat house on the beach with the terrace and the boat workshop in one side). Events are organised sporadically by the sim owner.
- We have one of the largest surfable wave runs in Second Life, and we have a large selection of surf board rezzers on the Cloudreef beach. The sim owner & Cloudbreak are bronze level sponsors of the Second Life Surfing Association’s 2018 Season 2 surfing competition, which is well under way now.
- I’m certain you’ll find the bath house on the top of the cliff edge, it’s the overgrown and flooded Moroccan style building on the edge of the rock ledge above the beach. It’s probably one of the more photogenic spots on sim!
- Cloudbreak utilises some of the most recent WL features implemented by LL – we have a custom daylight cycle which Leaf created from a collection of her custom created WLs so the environment changes subtly from sunrise through day, night, and back again over a 4 to 6 hour period.
- Beware the sim boundaries, I’d guess about a quarter to a third of what you see has been built off-sim, including the waterfall from the top of the mountain at the Landing Zone right down the side of the sim edge!
If you would like to suggest more places for me to visit, please fill out my Exploring Second Life Google Document.
My Style Details:
Shape: StrawberrySingh.com Genus Shape by Strawberry Singh
*Mesh Body: Maitreya Mesh Body – Lara V4.1 by Onyx LeShelle
*Mesh Head: GENUS Project – Genus Bento head v1.1 – Mocap by GenusProject
*Skin: GENUS Skin Applier /JESSICA/ by Genusproject (Arcade)
*Hair: Exile:: Storm by Kavar Cleanslate
*Tattoo: [White~Widow] GetOut – Henna by Julie Hastings
*Dress: ISON – mia dress long by Harry Hyx
*Shoes: [Gos] Rockstud Pumps by Gospel Voom (FaMESHed)
*Necklace+Earrings: [MANDALA]Prophecy(Sunrise) by kikunosuke Eel
*Rings on Right Hand: CHAIN – Flash Ring Set by MazyChain
*Ring on Left Hand: Zaara : Kasita finger-harness by Zaara Kohime
*Cats: Mutresse Shortie Cats by Eeky Cioc (Arcade)
*Pose in Picture: GingerFish Poses by Tracy Redangel
*AO in video: VISTA ANIMATIONS *HUD 5.33*ZOE by Vista Barnes
9 thoughts on “Exploring Second Life – Cloudbreak”
That is interesting as I just visited Cloudbreak couple days ago and did a post on this never found the cave so now I will have to go back and do some more exploring ~ also joined their group Dirty Pretty as a blogger it is a great collection of sims to take pics and blog ♥
Pingback: Strawberry Adventure – dirty.pretty
Pingback: The Autumnal Princess – Kurimu Kuma
I must visit this one.
I was saddened to see recently that Cloudbreak has disappeared! The whole SIM seems to have gone as the SL location is not found.
I reached out to them on Twitter but got no reply.
So sad. I know it’s expensive to maintain these places. It’s a shame they couldn’t get enough support to keep it going.
I spent many hours there, and took many friends there after discovering it via your blog post and YouTube video. So thank you!
I’m so sorry to tell you that this site has closed as of October 31. I was really looking forward to exploring it. The website gives no explanation for the closing.
Pingback: The Autumnal Princess ‹ Kurimu Kuma
Pingback: Weekly Roundup and Friday Find: Cold Ash Sim – StrawberrySingh.com
Due to financial constraints of my own, at the time, and some RL health problems, I felt it was time to close Cloudbreak. I did enjoy very much bringing it to Second Life citizens and virtual surfers. Thank you for visiting!