Vista Gerard Male Bento Head & Bento AO
Before I get into this post, I wanted to ask a question. I had recorded the video for the mesh head about 3 weeks ago and found it difficult to find enough time to complete the editing and post it. In the future I am thinking about just live streaming my instructional videos where I talk about mesh heads or AOs or other items that need instructions. The downside of live streaming these videos is that they won’t be edited therefore most probably will be longer and will have some moments showing me struggling with the HUDs or looking for items in my inventory etc… The upside is I will be able to do these quicker and get the posts out sooner. You will also be able to ask me any extra questions during the live streams that I can answer. Please answer the poll below to let me know what you prefer and I’ll make my decision for future instructional videos after that. Thank you.
Vista Animations released their first male bento head, his name is Gerard. They have also released a rigged bento beard for this head, the beard is called Jacob and it is currently available at the MBA Fair until the end of August. Along with the beard, they have released a full bento AO, also called Gerard. More details about the AO, with a video, below.
I have done a detailed video about the Gerard head, but first, here is some information about him:
- Price: The head was released on July 27th, 2018 for a promotional price of L$2000. The DEMO is free and both are available on marketplace and the Vista mainstore.
- Omega Compatibility: This head is omega compatible, and you can use the same omega activation HUD they had for their hands. You just need to attach the HUD, activate the omega and then apply your omega skins and cosmetics to the head. You can pick up the Vista Omega kit on marketplace.
- Shapes, Brow Bases & Alpha layers: The head comes with 4 shapes and 1 brow base. One of the shapes is by Clef De Peau. It also comes with 1 alpha layer which you must wear to hide your default SL head.
- Bento rigged & unrigged Eyes: The head comes with bento eyes that are rigged and also a couple of unrigged eyes that you can position yourself if preferred.
- Teeth: The head also comes with rigged teeth which you must wear with the head.
- Bento Piercings: This head also comes with bento piercings and a very extensive HUD for the piercings where you can hide/show the piercings, change their color, tint and play with the materials on them.
- HUDs: The head comes with one main HUD which has 3 circular tabs that you can click to access all the different settings of the HUD:
- The Save Slots Tab lets you save 5 configurations of skins and cosmetics to access your favorite looks with just one click. There is also a tinting section in this tab which lets you tint all parts of this head including: skin, hairbase, makeup, brows, facial hair, tattoo, lashes and all.
- The Skins and Cosmetics Tab comes with many options for skins, cosmetics and more:
- Skins from Clef de Peau: It comes with 5 tones from Clef de Peau in two versions: with brows and without brows.
- Shimmer: Shimmer slider can be used to increase and decrease materials on the head.
- Makeup: there are 5 full face tattoos with blend and shimmer sliders.
- Lashes: 3 different options for lashes
- Brows: 5 tones for brows with a blend slider
- Hairbases: 2 options for hairbases: short hair and shaved with 5 tones for both.
- Facial Hair: 6 facial hair options each in 5 tones.
- Tattoos: 5 more full face+neck tattoos with a blend slider. These tattoos consist of freckles, wrinkles, blush and more.
- Teeth & Tongue: 4 options for teeth including normal teeth, gap teeth, broken teeth and vampire teeth. 4 tongue color options.
- Alpha section: gives you the option to hide your ears, teeth and scalp.
- Neck size: 5 neck size options offered.
- Lacrimal: gives you 2 color options for the Lacrimal caruncle and the option to hide it.
- Eyes: this section gives you 10 color options for the eyes and an option to resize them. There are also bumpiness, shininess, glossiness and intensity options and sliders.
- The Animations Tab comes with options for moods, expressions, blinking, talking, mouth positions, eye positions and more. More information about these below.
- Moods: 13 mood options available: Neutral, Happy, Flirting, Seductive, Pensative, Sleeping, Angry, Sad, Doubtful, Serious, Shy, Innocent and Interesting.
- Expressions: 27 expressions available with static options so you can take pictures of the expression.
- Save Sequence: 3 save slots for animation sequences.
- Talk: 2 talk options and an off button.
- Blink: 2 blink options and an off button.
- Eyes AO: Options to turn the Eyes AO on and off.
- Ears Rotation: Plus and minus buttons to rotate your ears.
- Mouth: 4 static mouth options and an off button.
- Eyes: 6 static eyelid options with an off button. Also comes with an eye position area to control which direction you want your eyes look. You can turn off the eye position as well.
- Pose Button: A static pose to make your body stand still while you play with the HUD.
- Gear Button: When you click the gear button you get the following options: update, redeliver, manual, reset all, reset HUD and reset head.
- Complexity: If you wear all the attachments this head comes with, your complexity will increase by around 10,000.
- Dev Kit: If you’d like to create skins and cosmetics for this head, there is a Dev Kit available for L$1 at the Vista mainstore.
- More Information: For more information about Vista Bento heads, click over to Vista’s YouTube Channel.
- Customer Service Questions: If you have any questions about this head, it would be best if you looked at the designer’s profile, his name is Vista Barnes, to see how he prefers to be contacted for customer service issues as I will probably not be able to assist you with that. You can also join the Vista Bento Head’s Friends inworld group to get assistance from the other group members that also own Vista products.
Now watch my video on YouTube:
In this video I have also showed the Jacob beard in detail and how the HUD works. Here is a picture of the Jacob beard, which I have uploaded to my Instagram:
Now here is some information about the Gerard AO:
- Price: The price of Vista Gerard Bento AO is L$2000. It is available at the Vista mainstore and their marketplace store. You can try a DEMO of the AO at the mainstore.
- Motion Capture: The AO has been created using motion capture and combines three systems: one for the body, one for the face and one for the fingers.
- Facial Animations: The bento facial animations will only work properly with Vista bento heads, due to different rigging in other bento heads. A version with no facial animations is also included in the folder so you can use the AO with non-compatible heads without issues.
- Versions Included: These are all the versions of the AO that are available in the folder:
- FACE-V1 – with facial animations
- NOFACE-V1 – with no facial animations
- As an extra, they have included a bento cellphone in two versions, with and without facial animations
- Animations Included: These are all the animations included in the AO:
- 21 stands
- 8 walks
- 5/5 sits and ground sits
- 2 typing
- 5 jumps
- 1 hover
- 2 pre jumps
- 1 run
- 1 land
- 1 crouch
- 1 crouch walk
- 6 dances
- 6 couples animations
- 5 gestures
- Selectable Stands From Menu:
- CALM: 12 quiet stands
- MODE1 All the AO stands (21)
- MODE2: 8 Business Stands
- More Information: For more information, click over to Vista’s YouTube video.
- Customer Service Questions: If you have any questions about this AO, it would be best if you looked at the designer’s profile, his name is Vista Barnes, to see how he prefers to be contacted for customer service issues as I will probably not be able to assist you with that.
I didn’t have time to do a video for this AO so I will be live streaming it later today around 9:30am PDT, watch it live on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TPpMqgDi5Q
For more of my mesh head reviews and videos, click over to my Mesh Heads Category on my blog and my Male and Female Mesh Head Playlists on my YouTube channel. I have also created a page with a list of all mesh body parts that I have blogged.
I have made my own shape for this head and once I release it I will link to it from this post.
I have released my shape for this head now and it is available in my marketplace store.
My Style Details:
Shape: StrawberrySingh.com Vista-Gerard Shape by Strawberry Singh (UPDATE – MY SHAPES ARE NO LONGER AVAILABLE)
*Mesh Body: [Signature] Gianni BODY v4.6 by Mona Delpiaz & Raph Dirval
*Mesh Head: VISTA BENTO HEAD GERARD-v1F by Vista Barnes
*Skin Applier: Clef De Peau (comes with head)
*Beard: VISTA ANIMATIONS JACOB BEARD v1 by Vista Barnes (MBA Fair)
*Hair: Stealthic – Reach by Stealthic
*Suit: [SIGNATURE] Suit Tailor GREY by Mona Delpiaz & Raph Dirval
*Pose: Diesel Works Alagan by Rogan Diesel
One thought on “Vista Gerard Male Bento Head & Bento AO”
Pingback: LAQ Athena Bento Mesh Head – StrawberrySingh.com