A few weeks ago, LAQ changed the way they sold their bento heads and have been slowly updating all their previous bento heads. They are now selling their main bento HUD separately and you only need to purchase that one time. After that, you can buy as many LAQ bento heads as you like, they will all work with that one single HUD. All LAQ bento heads are also now priced lower.
From now on, every time I blog LAQ heads, I will reference the main bento HUD video that I am sharing in this post and then just do one video for the new head showing the sliders and possibly different skins on it.
In today’s post I will cover their new Skye head, but before I get into that, here is some information about the new main bento HUD and video:
- Price: The main bento HUD is available by itself for the price of L$3000 at the LAQ mainstore. Any of the LAQ bento heads will work with this HUD and they will all only be L$1500 each.
- Tabs: The HUD has three tabs: features, mocap and looks:
- Features Tab: The features tab has the most amount of options:
- Hide/Show: Check or uncheck the face tattoo or ears to make them hide or show.
- Eye fx: This feature adds shading and eye reflections on a separate layer from the eye itself. This way, shading and reflections stay intact even when your avatar looks around. Your eyes will also reflect light in the evening. You can turn this feature on and off and play with its opacity.
- Mouth: You can turn both mouth layers on or off to hide or show the lipsticks on both layers.
- Neck: You can turn the blender on or off and also pick your neck size to match up with your mesh body.
- Skin: This tab has a link to the Laq mainstore where you can pick up a skin for your head. The skin for each head costs L$990 for all tones. You can also clear the skin in this tab as well as tint it.
- Tattoo: There are 5 tattoo layers giving you the option to apply 5 different kinds of tattoos on your head. You can also control the opacity of each layer as well as tint them. It comes with free mole, blush, freckles and wrinkles.
- Brows: You have a choice of 4 brow tones as well as an option to tint them. You can also control the opacity and clear if preferred.
- Lashes: There are two lash options in which you can control the length and opacity on both the opper and lower lashes separately. You also have tinting and masking options.
- Hairbase: There are 6 hairbase colors along with tinting and masking options.
- Eyeshadow: The head comes with 3 eyeshadow layers giving you options to apply up to 3 layers of shadows and liners. You can also tint and control their opacity. It comes with 7 free shadows.
- Lipsticks: There are 2 lipstick layers so you can apply up to 2 lipsticks. You can also tint and control their opacity. It comes with 7 free lipsticks.
- Mocap Tab: The mocap tab includes:
- 4 moods
- Blinking, 2 parted lips and 2 smiles.
- 16 Expressions and still poses
- Talking animation – gets triggered when typing in chat
- Furnitures – syncs with animations that can be found in animated furniture
- Stop All – stops all animations
- Lock Neck – locks your neck in a certain postion
- Eye Movement control – Link your eyes, free them and also turn on mocap eye movement
- Teeth – Hide upper and lower teeth, choose out of 4 styles and tint.
- Looks: In the looks tab, you can save your favorite skin and makeup combinations for easier access in the future.
- Customer Service Questions: If you have any questions about this HUD, it would be best if you looked at the designer’s profile, her name is Mallory Cowen, to see how she prefers to be contacted for customer service issues as I will probably not be able to assist you with that.
Here is the video for the LAQ Bento HUD:
Now here is some information about the LAQ Skye Bento Head:
- Head Price: LAQ bento heads are all now only L$1500 each and are available at the LAQ mainstore. The main bento HUD and the skins for the heads are both sold separately. The main bento HUD is L$3000 and only needs to be purchased once for all Laq Bento heads.
- Skin Price: The skin for each head is sold separately for L$990 for all tones.
- Body Appliers: You can pick up matching body appliers at the LAQ mainstore for varying prices. At the moment they are on sale for L$25.
- Omega Compatibility: The skin, tattoo, eyebrows, hairbase, eye makeup and lipstick layers have Omega pre-installed, so no system kit is needed. You can wear any Omega applier of your choice on these head without any relay hud. I’ve been told that the new heads don’t have omega pre-installed and you need to purchase the Omega System Kit for it.
- Motion Capture Animations: To get the animations to work on the head, you must purchase the main bento HUD, which is sold separately for L$3000.
- Customer Service Questions: If you have any questions about this head, it would be best if you looked at the designer’s profile, her name is Mallory Cowen, to see how she prefers to be contacted for customer service issues as I will probably not be able to assist you with that.
- Other LAQ Bento Heads: Other LAQ Bento heads that I’ve blogged in the past are: Scarlet, Rebel, Rina, Neve, Nyx, Lulu, Jade, Ana, and Gaia.
Now watch my video for this head:
For more of my mesh head reviews and videos, click over to my Mesh Heads Category on my blog and my Male and Female Mesh Head Playlists on my YouTube channel. I have also created a page with a list of all mesh body parts that I have blogged.
I also shared a picture of this head on my instagram:
I have made my own shape for the Skye head and as soon as I release it, I will link to it from this post.
I have released my shape for this head now and it is available in my marketplace store. (UPDATE – MY SHAPES ARE NO LONGER AVAILABLE)
Just a reminder, on May 9th it will be my 11th rezday and in celebration of that I am having an advertising sale on my blog and will be answering questions for an Ask Me Anything that day. Details in my post: Celebrating 15 Years of Second Life & AMA.
My Style Credits:
Shape: StrawberrySingh.com Laq-Skye Shape by Strawberry Singh (UPDATE – MY SHAPES ARE NO LONGER AVAILABLE)
*Mesh Body: Maitreya Mesh Body – Lara V4.1 by Onyx LeShelle
*Mesh Head: LAQ Bento – Skye 3.04 by Mallory Cowen
*Skin Applier: LAQ Skye Skin by Mallory Cowen
*Eyes: IKON Charm Eyes – Hazel by Ikon Innovia
*Hair: #Foxy – Mishi. by Liza Broono (flickr)
*Top: Addams // Isabella Boho Shirt by AmaliaRainwood
*Skirts: Blueberry – Calliope – Skirt & Belt by Blueberryxx
*Earrings: [MANDALA] OHAJIKI earring-WHITE by kikunosuke Eel
*Rings: CHAIN – Flash Ring Set by MazyChain
*Background: RAMA – #selfie_RAMA Flower-Garden Lavatory RARE by Faullon
*Pose: GingerFish Poses – Gypsy by Tracy Redangel