On June 23rd, 2018 Second Life will turn 15 and on May 9th, which is my rezday, I will be 11 in Second Life years. I missed the first 4 years of Second Life but I feel like I’ve been here forever. It has become such an important part of my life and has left an incredible impact.
To celebrate my upcoming 11th rezday in 2 weeks, and also Second Life’s 15 years, I’m doing a couple of things:
- Ask Me Anything – On my 11th rezday, May 9th, 2018, I plan to do an AMA (Ask Me Anything). You guys have the opportunity to ask me any question you like and I will try to answer it in my rezday post. The questions I will answer will be ones that you ask me in the comments of today’s post, or if you like you can email me your question. You have until May 9th to ask me the questions. If you guys don’t have any questions for me, then I’ll plan to do a live tour of a sim in Second Life that day.
- Advertising Sale – I’m also running my annual rezday advertising sale. All of my advertising rates are 50% off until May 10th, 2018. You can find my rates and more information on how to pick up an ad campaign on my Advertising Page.
A few days ago, Linden Lab sent me this Infographic and it is fascinating to me that even after 15 years, Second Life is still thriving and people are still logging in. I can’t think of any other online community that has lasted this long and has had such an impact on the residents’ lives. I know so many people that have met their significant others in this virtual world, that make a living here, that login for emotional and financial support, and that cherish this place like it was a second home.
So what’s in store for their 15th year celebrations? Here are some links:
- Fifteen Reasons to Celebrate – They published this list on March 21st and two of the updates that I’m really looking forward to are Animesh and BakesOnMesh.
- Second Life Town Hall with Linden Lab CEO Ebbe Altberg – Linden Lab CEO Ebbe Altberg answered a bunch of questions from residents. They have uploaded the video of that town hall to their youtube channel. The rest of the questions that he wasn’t able to answer, other Lindens are stepping in to answer on the forum at this link: A Conversation with Linden Lab CEO Ebbe Altberg
- SL15B Community Celebration – SL15B celebrations will run from June 17th-24th 2018. Applications are open now for Exhibitors, DJs, Live performers, Auditorium and Volunteers! Linden Lab will also be starting auditions for their 4th Annual Music Fest Showcase soon, you can click on over to their post and see how you can sign up for that.
I’ve also recently blogged about the Acquisition of Flickr by SmugMug and in that post I offered some alternatives for flickr, one of which was Instagram. I’m going to try and post images to Instagram that show the realism of both virtual worlds, Second Life and Sansar. I will also share those Instagram images in my blog posts from time to time. Here is one that I posted today:
UPDATE: I finally got a chance to make a vlog about this post, watch it on my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/hBfWvzsbp4A
Happy 15th Second Life!
My Style Credits:
Shape: StrawberrySingh.com Vista-Zoe Shape by Strawberry Singh
*Mesh Body: Maitreya Mesh Body – Lara V4.1 by Onyx LeShelle
*Mesh Head: VISTA BENTO HEAD ZOE V.1 by Vista Barnes
*Skin Applier: Insol Anna by AlMercury (Uber)
*Eyes Applier: Avi-Glam Dramatic Eyes by Kendra Parfort (Season Story)
*Hair: RAMA.SALON – Sarah Hair by Katarina Monk (Shiny Shabby)
*Gown: Kaithleen’s Gerda Dress by Zlyskritek (Shiny Shabby)
Rings: (Yummy) Delicate Ring Stacks by Polyester Partridge
*Necklace+Earrings+Headdress: Maxi Gossamer Ashira by Maxi Gossamer
*Pose in 1st Pic: GingerFish Poses – Cultivate by Tracy Redangel
Background: Zaara Kohime (not available to the public)