All of the images in this post are raw shots, straight from Second Life.
Friday Find: Asphyxiation Point
For today’s Friday Find, I wanted to take you guys on a short tour of Asphyxiation Point and tell you more about it. Asphyxiation Point is an immersive and erotic roleplay sim with an adult rating. It is a beautiful tourist town with many clubs, bars, beaches and more. This weekend they have a weather event going on, a hurricane will be hitting the sim!
From my pictures and video, you can see the sim already has some major rain going on, but here is the hurricane schedule for this weekend:
- Saturday 10am PST – hurricane will be in full force and the sim will start flooding
- Saturday 12pm PST – Flooding should start to become very noticeable around this time.
- Saturday 5pm PST – Portions of the town will be completely underwater by this time. I was told by one of the residents of the sim that the water reaches about mid buildings on 2nd street.
- Sunday – Relief and recovery efforts start Sunday morning, by which time the water will have completely subsided.
I really want to try and visit tomorrow to see the flooding but I’m not sure if I’ll get the chance to. If I do, I will try and live stream from there if the lag is not too bad. You can watch my live stream link on youtube to catch it.
You can also watch my short video that I did there today showing a bit of the sim and rain right now:
Please remember that this is a roleplay sim so there are certain rules that you must follow when you go there, you can read the rules on their website. The owner of the sim is Deranean Sands and one of the main builders is Charles Newton Kuluk (kuluk), who also created the weather machine that brings in the hurricane on the sim.
I was chatting with Kuluk a bit and he told me that the sim is not really designed for beauty. It is designed for efficiency to give folks a whole lot of RP options. There are multiple distinct neighborhoods each with their own look and feel. The businesses up the hill feel upscale. The theater district less so and so on and so forth. The underground areas are for those really down on their luck.. Think of it as a movie setting except that the script hasn’t been written yet. It also has even more hidden underground areas which cater to darker RP.
Here are some links for Asphyxiation Point:
I hope you get a chance to visit and see the hurricane as well. Sounds like it will be an interesting event.
UPDATE: I went to see the flooding for a bit on Saturday and made a video and took some pictures, linked below:
If you would like to suggest more places for me to visit, please fill out my Exploring Second Life Google Document.
- 15 Reasons to Celebrate Second Life – Second Life turns 15 this year and recently Linden Lab did a blog post where they mentioned 15 exciting improvements and features that were or will be implemented in 2018. One of the items listed is the return of last names!
- Feedspot’s Top 40 Second Life Fashion Blogs and Websites on the Web – Feedspot is an rss reader and recently they shared a blog post with a list of top 40 Second Life fashion blogs. I wanted to congratulate all those that made the list and also thank feedspot for adding my blog to the list as well, thank you!
- Atlas Hopping in Sansar – I’ve taken the last two weeks off of Atlas Hopping because of real life, but I’ll be back tomorrow! Join us in Sansar on Saturdays at 11am PST or watch us live on my YouTube live stream!
- Ready Player One – I’m pretty excited to see Ready Player One. I haven’t had a chance to see it as of yet, hopefully this Sunday. Have you seen it or read the book? What do you think of it? It’s got an 8.1 rating on IMDB right now, which is pretty impressive!
- RyanSchultz.com – Speaking of virtual reality, if you haven’t been following Ryan Schultz’s blog and you have an interest in different social VR worlds, then you definitely should. He covers them all so well and I find his blog incredibly informative.
- Virtual Reality Quiz – I did the ‘Are you a Virtual Reality Noob?‘ VR quiz and I got 10 out of 10, I’m a VR Master! So of course I had to show off on twitter. Check out the quiz, it can be quite educational!
According to the ‘Are you a Virtual Reality Noob?’ #VirtualReality Quiz, I am a VR Master! 10 out of 10 baby! Okay so I guessed at a few of them and got lucky, but whatever, STILL A VR MASTER!https://t.co/iC27OfgV4z pic.twitter.com/txT9kbd4oR
— Strawberry Singh (@strawberrysingh) March 31, 2018
My Style Credits:
Shape: StrawberrySingh.com Simone Shape by Strawberry Singh
*Mesh Body: Maitreya Mesh Body – Lara V4.1 by Onyx LeShelle
*Mesh Head: .LeLutka.Head.Simone 3.0 by JadenArt
*Skin+Makeup+Lashes+Eyes: Powder Pack LeLutka March 2018 (Powder Pack)
*Mesh Ears: [MANDALA]STEKING_EARS_Season5 by kikunosuke Eel
*Earrings: Zaara : Sarika feather earrings (mandala) *earth* by Zaara Kohime
*Hair: Magika – Good Vibes by Sabina Gully
*Outfit: Giz Seorn – Montana Outfit by Giz Seorn (Uber)
*Shoes: NX-Nardcotix Iris MJ by Nardya Rousselot (TLC)
Rings: (Yummy) Delicate Ring Stacks by Polyester Partridge (N21)
Nailpolish: alaskametro<3 “Classic/Shimmer’ by Alaska Metropolitan
*AO in video: VISTA ANIMATIONS *HUD 5.32*ESTHER BENTO AO-V1 MEDIUM by Vista Barnes
Umbrella in 1st pic & Video: Vv Creations Umbrella by Valedana (blog post)
*Pose in 1st Picture: Label Motion Umbrella Pose 3 by anne Dakun
*Pose+Umbrella+Doves in last picture: Le Poppycock *Peace* Gacha by Olivia Lalonde