For this week’s #SecondLifeChallenge, I decided to go with a Valentine’s Day theme and ask some questions about love and dating in Second Life. A big thank you to the residents that suggested and inspired some of these questions.
Here are the instructions for the #SecondLifeChallenge this week: Answer the following questions and don’t forget to leave a link to your answers in the comments!
- Do you date in Second Life?
- Share some locations in Second Life that you think are ideal to go to on a date.
- Share a story of one of your favorite dates/proposals you’ve experienced in Second Life, or something someone has done for you that meant a lot.
- Have you ever fallen in love in Second Life?
- Have you ever gotten partnered or married in Second Life?
These are my answers to the questions:
- Do you date in Second Life? – I don’t date in Second Life.
- Share some locations in Second Life that you think are ideal to go to on a date. – A friend asked me about this the other day and I was stumped, I had no answer. I haven’t dated in Second Life in a while so I had no idea where people can go on a date and if there were any fun activities people can do so I asked my friends on plurk and they really came through so click over for some interesting ideas. Some activities that were mentioned that seemed interesting to me were: sailing, riding horses, bowling, ballroom dancing, kart racing, surfing, and going to art galleries/exhibits. There are specific locations also mentioned in the plurk along with more ideas.
- Share a story of one of your favorite dates/proposals you’ve experienced in Second Life, or something someone has done for you that meant a lot. – Back in 2012, my current partner in Second Life, Prad Prathivi, gave me one of the most thoughtful birthday presents I’ve ever received. He setup a whole social media quest which took me and my plurk friends around 5 hours to complete. It was hilariously frustrating and so much fun, even though I never figured out even one riddle on my own and needed help to get through all of them lol. I wrote about it in my blog post at this link if you’d like to go back and read the plurks where we’re trying to figure out all the riddles from the quest.
- Have you ever fallen in love in Second Life? – Absolutely, with everyone.
- Have you ever gotten partnered or married in Second Life? – I’ve been partnered a few times (and I’m still partnered currently to a good friend) but I’ve never had an SL wedding.
I also vlogged this challenge with more details: https://youtu.be/5vVLCLzfbmQ
I did today’s vlog and picture at Backdrop City in the new YouTube section. Mia has created a special Strawberry-themed area there, click over and check it out.
You don’t have to have a blog to do this challenge, you can do it on any social media platform or vlog on youtube. Just don’t forget to tag your post with #SecondLifeChallenge and then leave the link to your post in the comments of this post.
Please remember there is no time limit to do this challenge, you can participate in any #SecondLifeChallenge at any time. You’ll find them all under my Blog Challenges category along with other memes and challenges I’ve done over the years. I’ve also started a #SecondLifeChallenge playlist on my YouTube channel.
Also, back in December I did the Unspoken Rules challenge and an AI researcher applied neural transhancement to the video I did for the challenge, to make me look real and I thought it was so creepy cool. Click over to his tweet and check it out, I’ll also embed it below:
— Mario Klingemann (@quasimondo) December 7, 2017
It was so interesting I had to share. Thanks for reading, I’m looking forward to your posts!
My Style Credits:
Shape: StrawberrySingh.com Vista-Diana Shape by Strawberry Singh
*Mesh Body: Maitreya Mesh Body – Lara V4.1 by Onyx LeShelle
*Mesh Head: VISTA BENTO HEAD DIANA V.1 by Vista Barnes
*Skin Applier: YSYS (comes with head)
*Eyes Applier + Makeup: (come with head)
*Hair: Stealthic – Passion by Stealthic (C88)
Head Wreath: Boudoir -Strawberry Wreath by Precious Restless
Necklace: Bowtique – Strawberry Necklace (Silver) by Jellyroll (no longer available?)
*Outfit: Tee*fy Rylee Romper – Scarlet by Azure Electricteeth (C88)