Here are the instructions for the #SecondLifeChallenge this week: Create a tutorial and teach me something that you think I might not know about (even if I do, doesn’t matter, do it anyways). The tutorial can be something within Second Life (how to build, create tattoos or clothes, pick up guys at info hubs, tie your virtual shoelaces, whatever…) or something in Photoshop or on any social network (just focus on something sl-related somehow). Make it informative, make it hilarious, make it whatever you like! I’d just love to learn something from you that you may be good at and are willing to share. Don’t forget to leave a link to your post in the comments!
How to Sell Your Lindens at a Better Exchange Rate
For those of you looking to cash out some real world dollars from your Second Life earnings, here is a quick tutorial on how you can optimize the amount of dollars in exchange for your lindens.
I will write out the process step by step below and then I will also embed a video tutorial below that:
- Login to your SecondLife.com account with your Second Life username and password.
- In the Linden Exchange box on the left hand side click manage.
- Under L$ Exchange Settings click the Advanced button and hit submit to display all market information.
- Then go back to Manage in the Linden Exchange Box and click Sell L$.
- In the Sell L$ window, try not to do a Market Sell. If you choose to do a Market Sell and sell your lindens at the market rate, you will lose some money (depending on how much you are selling) and also affect the exchange rate. With the market sell however, you will sell your lindens instantly.
- Doing a Limit Sell will get you more money in exchange for your lindens and you will also get the option to pick your own exchange rate. However, this process may take longer, depending on which exchange rate you go with.
- To pick the optimal exchange rate, look at the Open Sell Orders at the Best 20 Rates and choose the one that would suit your needs best. I normally go with one that is in the top 3 and has the most amount next to it. It usually is the first or second one but the further down in the list you go, the longer it will take to sell your lindens. When I choose the first or second one, my lindens sell within a few hours, most of the time. If you decide to choose a rate lower in the list, it can take up to days, weeks and maybe even months to sell your lindens.
- Once you’ve sold your lindens, click on Process Credit under Manage in the Linden Exchange Box again and from there you will be able enter a payout method (usually paypal) and cash out.
Watch my video tutorial on YouTube:
If you have any further advice on how to sell your lindens at a better exchange rate or get your money faster, leave it in the comments of this post, I’d love to learn!
This was my tutorial for this challenge. I am sure most of you already knew about this but I figured it would be a good topic to cover. I am looking forward to checking out your tutorials now!
You don’t have to have a blog to do this challenge, you can do it on any social media platform or vlog on youtube. Just don’t forget to tag your post with #SecondLifeChallenge and then leave the link to your post in the comments of this post.
Please remember there is no time limit to do this challenge, you can participate in any #SecondLifeChallenge at any time. You’ll find them all under my Blog Challenges category along with other memes and challenges I’ve done over the years. I’ve also started a #SecondLifeChallenge playlist on my YouTube channel.
Thanks for reading!