I’ve done a more extensive Google challenge back in 2013, so this one is inspired by it but I wanted to do it again to see what the updates are after so many years. I did change it up a bit and kept it short and sweet this round. Hope you can join the fun!
Here are the instructions for the #SecondLifeChallenge this week: Google your Second Life avatar name inside quotation marks and then answer the following questions. Don’t forget to leave a link to your post in the comments!
Before you Google, open up a fresh browser and clear cache if you can. Make sure you are not logged into your Google account and it might even be better if you open an incognito window.
- Google your Second Life name in “quotations” and share your results. About 82,600 results
- What are the first 5 links that come up? My blog, my youtube channel, my flickr page, my marketplace store and my Second Life profile.
- Click on the “Images” tab and tell us where the first 5 images are from. They are all from different blog posts on my own blog or my social networks.
- Click on the “Videos” tab and share your results, if any. They are different videos from my own youtube channel. The first one is my “What Second Life Means to Me” video which is the trailer on my youtube channel right now.
- Click on the “News” tab and share your results, if any. Just one link, “Second Life’s makeup unboxing videos are surreal and wonderful” from PC Gamer.
- Did any of the results surprise you? I was surprised to see the wordnik link come up in my search results when my name isn’t even defined on the site. So why does it come up? I don’t really understand that website. Another surprise was to see a chatbot someone made for me several years ago on the front page of my results. The Berry Chatbot is available at this link and if you decide to play with it and ask it questions, let me know what you asked!
- Are you satisfied with your results or wish they were different in any way? I kind of wish my Facebook and Twitter were up higher in results, right underneath my youtube perhaps.
I also did this challenge in vlog format so click over to my youtube video for more detailed answers:
You don’t have to have a blog to do this challenge, you can do it on any social media platform or vlog on youtube. Just don’t forget to tag your post with #SecondLifeChallenge and then leave the link to your post in the comments of this post.
Please remember there is no time limit to do this challenge, you can participate in any #SecondLifeChallenge at any time. You’ll find them all under my Blog Challenges category along with other memes and challenges I’ve done over the years. I’ve also started a #SecondLifeChallenge playlist on my YouTube channel.
My Style Credits:
Shape: StrawberrySingh.com Magy Shape by Strawberry Singh
*Mesh Body: Maitreya Mesh Body – Lara V4.1 by Onyx LeShelle
*Mesh Head: CATWA HEAD Magy v3.1 by Catwa Clip
*Skin Applier: *YS&YS* Jude by Monicuzza Babenco (flickr)
*Hair: Stealthic x Toksik – 1. TKS Transit Hair (RARE) by Stealthic (Epiphany)
*Top: Stealthic x Toksik – 6. TKS Crop Top (Red) by crxsxs (Epiphany)
*Glasses: Stealthic x Toksik – 9. TKS Sunglasses (Rose Gold x Clear) by crxsxs (Epiphany)
*Drink: Stealthic x Toksik – 17. TKS Slushie (Cola) by Stealthic (Epiphany)
*Jeans: Blueberry – Pizza Jeans – CutieBootie by Blueberryxx
*Shoes: [Gos] Cassie Pumps by Gospel Voom (FaMESHed)
*Tattoo: White Widow – Geostorm by Julie Hastings (WLRP)
*Belly Piercing: RealEvil Dolce Belly Piercing by crashnoww
*Ring on right hand: Zaara : Kasita finger-harness by Zaara Kohime
*Ring on left hand: EarthStones Sweetest Romance Bridal Wedding Set Bento
*AO: VISTA ANIMATIONS *HUD 5.32*ESTHER BENTO AO-V1 MEDIUM by Vista Barnes
Location: Gale Storm Retreat