#SecondLifeChallenge – My Zodiac Sign

#SecondLifeChallenge - My Zodiac Sign

Hi guys and welcome back to week 2 of me trying really hard to keep these Monday Second Life challenges going lol. Hope I can keep this up, wish me luck!

Disclaimer, I have done a Zodiac challenge back in 2013, so I am going to take some parts of that challenge but change it up a bit. Hope you can participate!

Here are the instructions for the #SecondLifeChallenge this Monday: Copy and paste the following questions and answers into your post; then delete my answers and input your own. Don’t forget to leave a comment below with a link to your post so we can all come by and check it out!

If you are not sure what your zodiac sign is, you can look it up on astrology-zodiac-signs.com. I will also be using this site to answer some of the questions below.

1. What is your Zodiac sign?: (You don’t need to share your birth date if you don’t want to and if you want to do this using your Second Life avatar, you can use the rez date of your avatar.) My birthday is September 22nd so I am on the last day of Virgo.
  2. Do you believe in Astrology and read your horoscope often?: I honestly don’t think I have a definite answer for this as I don’t really think about it or even pay attention to it. Not counting today, I can’t remember the last time I even looked at my horoscope. So I guess you would say, I don’t really believe or follow, but it is kinda fun to look at once in a while.
  3. What are some of the traits of your zodiac sign and do you feel they reflect who you are?: I am going to copy and paste the traits from the astrology-zodiac-signs.com website for Virgo here and then compare. For Virgo they’ve got:
    1. Strengths: Loyal, analytical, kind, hardworking, practical – I think these are kind of accurate as I am pretty loyal and also very analytical to the point where I analyze everything to death. I try to be kind and practical and yeah I guess I am a hard worker if I feel really passionate about the work.
    2. Weaknesses: Shyness, worry, overly critical of self and others, all work and no play – Yeah, so this thing is kind of nailing me. I would have to agree with all of these things again, especially since I am a workaholic.
    3. Virgo likes: Animals, healthy food, books, nature, cleanliness – I am not a lover of all animals, mostly just cats (don’t hate me dog lovers, I think puppies are cute!) I do try to eat healthy as much as possible (chocolate cake is healthy right?). Love books and I’m kind of a neat freak but this is where I think they got me wrong, not a huge fan of nature or the outdoors or getting bit by mosquitoes.
    4. Virgo dislikes: Rudeness, asking for help, taking center stage – I wouldn’t say I dislike asking for help, but yeah, I only do it when I absolutely have to. The others are pretty accurate too.

I think I’ll keep it short today, so that’s it! All in all, according to the website I linked, I guess I do have some virgo traits in me for the most part. What do you guys think? After reading my blog for so many years and getting to know me a little bit, do you think I am a true virgo?

I’m also doing this challenge in vlog format so you can watch me answer these questions with more detail on YouTube:

Of course I also decided to do a Buzzfeed Quiz:
Can We Accurately Guess Your Zodiac Sign Based On How You Describe Yourself?
And it ended up being right:

If you decide to do this challenge, don’t forget to leave a link to your post in the comments of this post, and/or in the comments of my video.

You don’t have to have a blog to do this challenge, you can do it on any social media platform or vlog on youtube. Just don’t forget to tag your post with #SecondLifeChallenge.

Please remember there is no time limit to do this challenge, you can participate in any #SecondLifeChallenge at any time. You’ll find them all under my Blog Challenges category along with other memes and challenges I’ve done over the years. I’ve also started a #SecondLifeChallenge playlist on my YouTube channel.

Thanks in advance for participating!

Style credits:
Shape: StrawberrySingh.com May Shape by Strawberry Singh
*Mesh Body: Maitreya Mesh Body – Lara V4.1 by Onyx LeShelle
*Mesh Head: .LeLutka.Head.May 3.0 by JadenArt
*Skin Applier: Glam Affair Ayama by Aida Ewing (C88)
*Eyes Applier: Avi-Glam Charm Eyes by Kendra Parfort (ShinyShabby)
Hair: TRUTH HAIR Sugar by Truth Hawks (Group Gift)
Head Accessories: LODE Rose Vintage Single [suede] by Chirzaka Vlodovic (x3)
Top: ::$poiled:: Knotted T-Shirt Virgo by JudyClair
*Jeans: Blueberry – DWL Jeans – Classic Skinny Jeans by Blueberryxx
*Ring on right hand: Zaara : Kasita finger-harness by Zaara Kohime
*Pose+Prop: GingerFish Poses – Cinema Verite box by Tracy Redangel (eBento)
*AO: VISTA ANIMATIONS *HUD 5.32*ESTHER BENTO AO by Vista Barnes
*Light Projector: Fiat Lux Triple Projector by Cajsa Lilliehook

JUST A REMINDER: I will be announcing my L$5000 Blueberry Giveaway winner on Wednesday, October 18th at 6am PST, so don’t forget to enter!

Strawberry Singh

Strawberry Singh has been a virtual world resident since 2007. She is a virtual worlds explorer, blogger and vlogger.

39 thoughts on “#SecondLifeChallenge – My Zodiac Sign

• October 16, 2017 at 1:27 am

What is your Zodiac sign?: Cancer/Leo

Do you believe in Astrology and read your horoscope often?: Yes I actually do, but not the ones you read in a Cosmopolitan magazine. Vedic Astrology and Western astrology are magical, if you learn the basics of it. In fact we actually have what is called an Ascendant sign (this is an entirely different topic lol), which I feel resembles my character more, and mine is in Aquarius.

Strengths: Cheerful, Empathetic,Creative and Loyal. I do agree that I can be chipper, I find it easier and satisfying cheering someone up.

Weaknesses: Self-defeating, Anxious, Sensitive, Quiet. This is very true, I tend to beat myself up when my perfectionism kicks in. Luckily I’ve learned the beauty of taking a deep breath and reminding myself it’s not the end of the world.

Cancer/ Leo dislikes: Unkindness. I really don’t understand how some people can be outright mean to others for no reason.

*BONUS* Food by Astrological Sign

Apparently our astrological signs govern the types of we eat or should eat. For me it is meat and potatoes or steak. I don’t agree with this entirely, I’m more of a nicely layered salad type gal ( croutons, chicken strips, sweet peppers, fresh crispy lettuce, olives and homemade vinaigrette dressing)

• Pingback:My Zodiac Sign- #SecondLifeChallenge – Sady Style

• Pingback:#SecondLifeChallenge – My Zodiac Sign | The Poultry Report

• Pingback:Second Life Challenges: My Zodiac – Do avatars dream of electric sheep?

• Pingback:Second Life Challenge – RavenSkye Waverider

• October 16, 2017 at 7:50 am

Neat.. it auto put my stuff here.. crazy lol

• Pingback:Diary: Appreciate it All | The Luci Logs

• October 16, 2017 at 10:53 am

Well it is just your sun sign and astrology is a lot more complicated than that, also since you’re on the last day of virgo I’m pretty sure that makes you a virgo-libra cuff.

• October 16, 2017 at 10:53 am

Well it is just your sun sign and astrology is a lot more complicated than that, also since you’re on the last day of virgo I’m pretty sure that makes you a virgo-libra cusp.

• October 16, 2017 at 10:54 am

*cusp

• Pingback:#SecondLifeChallenge – My Zodiac Sign | second keyli

• October 16, 2017 at 10:18 pm

The reason you find the horoscopes in the newspapers and magazines to be generic is because they are *smiles*. They are merely the “flavour” of the day or month in a generic fashion. For a horoscope to be accurate to you it needs to be tailored to you.

There are more than just 12 types of people in the world and this is because with astrology not only is the month you were born important but also the day, year and hour you were born. When an astrologer has that information then they can tell you exactly your personality type and even identify people from the same family from a large group of charts because even families carry a blueprint, a bit like DNA, in their astrology charts that connects them together. This is what they call your “natal chart” or the traits you were born with.

Your chart is divided into 12 segment that relate to different aspects of your life (see https://gyazo.com/d7346099bc2f6654aafc18b8f451b0d5) and depending on where the planets were when you were born this puts those planets into different sectors, which, in turn makes your chart completely different to mine, even if we were born on the same day and year but not the same hour, because the planets are moving (albeit slowly) placing them in different quadrants and to different degrees.

When they predict your future they take your natal chart (what you were born with) and place the planets where they are now in this moment in time over the top and then they “interpret” how where the planets are now are going to affect whatever it is you are currently doing.

Because astrology started hundreds of years ago (Kings and Queens used to refer to their astrologers before going to war or commencing some major project) it is written in an archaic form much like the bible was and needs to be “interpreted” to the modern age we live in, therefore some astrologers are more accurate than others.

I’m not an astrologer however I get this information by proxy as my mother has been an astrologer for more than half of her life and is a very good one.

I hope this enlightens some who are puzzled by the generic horoscopes you read in newspapers and magazines.

• October 18, 2017 at 1:02 pm

I added to my post with some additional info — answering the NEW questions (well as much as my super-independent nature will let me).

• Pingback:Confession .148. We Swear We’re Alive, But We’re Falling To Pieces… – Alexithymia – Feeling in Fashion

• October 18, 2017 at 5:17 pm

This was a fun Challenge. I like to see who I really am.

• October 18, 2017 at 9:12 pm

I am PISCES both in RL and SL, which begs the question, if i was under a different sign in SL would my personality change?
    Do you believe in Astrology and read your horoscope often?: Im not sure if I am a ‘believer’ but I do think out personalities are pre-determined by some cosmic force. To me it makes more sense that it starts right back at the beginning of life, following fertilisation, at the zygote stage, not ‘at birth’ (which can change months ie star signs depending on external factors. Our time of birth cant change who we have become after the fact.) I do sometimes read my horoscope in the paper or magazine, its a fun thing to do, when having a cuppa with friends.
    What are some of the traits of your zodiac sign and do you feel they reflect who you are?: People born on February 21st are under the 12th sign of the zodiac, Pisces. Arts are their forte as imagination; sensitivity and idealism often take over their lives. They are independent souls and do not hesitate in taking up challenges and contests. I am not particularly artistic but the rest I agree with though I fight the urge to let idealism take me over!

• Pingback:Moonchild – Haute Selection

• November 9, 2017 at 1:55 pm

What is your Zodiac sign?: My RL birthday is August 29

Do you believe in Astrology and read your horoscope often?: I believe that people born around the same times of the year have a lot of the same personality traits, quirks, likes and dislikes but I don’t read my horoscope every day.

Strengths: Loyal, analytical, kind, hardworking, practical – these are pretty accurate. I analyze everything to death. I’m loyal to people I care about. I try to be kind. I’m a hardworker and that is one reason I have chosen never to work in SL.

Weaknesses: Shyness, worry, overly critical of self and others, all work and no play. All extremely true….unfortunately.

Virgo likes: Animals, healthy food, books, nature, cleanliness. All true

Virgo dislikes: Rudeness, asking for help, taking center stage. I don’t like abrasive, obnoxious, or arrogant people. I rarely ask for help however this is probably more my upbringing than my sign. Yes 🙂 a bit of a introvert but I do have my moments.

• December 12, 2017 at 11:08 pm

Amei esse jogo maid nao da pra mim abaixar mais eu quero ela tanto tanto mais eu estou tentando aque por tudo quer canto se vc podesse me dar uma forca eu agradeço ok

• August 16, 2018 at 1:57 pm

What is your Zodiac sign?: My birthday is November eighth so I am in Scorpio

Do you believe in Astrology and read your horoscope often?: No, from either a biologic or physics standpoint I find astrology highly implausible.

Strengths: “Resourceful, brave, passionate, stubborn, a true friend”
    moi? I am resourceful, not especially brave, can be passionate and
    stubborn, and I hope I am a true friend

Weaknesses: “Distrusting, jealous, secretive, violent”
    I take very little on trust, and do not consider that a weakness
    I am not jealous
    If I were secretive, you wouldn’t be reading this, would you?
    I have been violent when the occasion called for it (held
    someone at gunpoint who was in the process of murdering his
    sister until the police arrived to take him into custody), but
    apart from that incident, am not considered to be even
    disagreeable.

Scorpio likes: “Truth, facts, being right, longtime friends, teasing, a grand passion”
    I like truth and facts. I am humbly grateful when someone can show me when I am wrong. longtime friends are treasures. I’m not fond of teasing, apart from very quiet irony. Passion, I do like.

Scorpio dislikes: “Dishonesty, revealing secrets, passive people”
    Deliberate dishonesty which hurts others is a very strong dislike, but our true age, weight, and other details may be edited or withheld as needed.
    I try very hard never to reveal a secret entrusted to me
    I accept people as they are. “passive” is a bad name for
    someone’s personality, and not a particularly bright name,
    either.

The rest of that section merely recapitulates points gone over above.

• Pingback:Strawberry Singh’s “My Zodiac Sign” Challenge (way late as usual, sorry) – Ars longa, vita secundus…