LAQ Nyx Bento Mesh Head
Today I will be talking about LAQ‘s 5th bento head called Nyx. Nyx comes with motion capture animations, just like their previous bento heads Lulu, Jade, Gaia and Ana. I’ve done a detailed video for Nyx explaining all of the options, animations and HUD, which I am embedding below, but first here is some information about her:
- Price: Nyx costs L$5000 and the DEMO is free. Both are available at the LAQ mainstore.
- Main HUD: It comes with one main HUD that has three tabs; features, mood and looks:
- Features: The features tab has options to hide certain parts of the head, neck size, skin tones, freckles, wrinkles blush, eyebrows, lashes, hairbases, lipstick and eyeshadow. All of the skin and cosmetics sections also have a tinting option available for each layer.
- Mocap: The mocap tab includes 17 motion capture animations. The moods at the top can be selected as your default animations. The expressions you choose to play below will go back to your default mood if you have one activated. You can play animations individually or choose several to play at random. The poses button pauses animations for photos. The talk button underneath the expressions will enable lip movement when you are on voice or typing in chat. The auto expression syncs with the SL animations that can be found in animated furniture etc…
- Looks: In the looks tab, you can save your favorite skin and makeup combinations for easier access in the future.
- Skin & Body Appliers: It comes with a skin available in the HUD in 7 different tones. You can pick up matching body appliers at the LAQ mainstore for varying prices. I picked up the Maitreya body appliers and they cost L$299 per tone.
- Motion Capture Animations: It is animated using real life movements and these animations come with the HUD and are available in the main HUD. LAQ has a youtube channel and a 10 minute video where they showed how these animations work in detail.
- Omega Compatibility: The skin, tattoo, eyebrows, hairbase, eye makeup and lipstick layers have Omega pre-installed, so no system kit is needed. You can wear any Omega applier of your choice on this head without any relay hud. If the applier has different zone maps, make sure you click the default zone. There are Omega buttons in the HUD to activate Omega.
- Eye fx: This feature adds shading and eye reflections on a separate layer from the eye itself. This way, shading and reflections stay intact even when your avatar looks around. Your eyes will also reflect light in the evening. You can turn this feature on and off at the top of the features tab.
- Customer Service Questions: If you have any questions about this head, it would be best if you looked at the designer’s profile, her name is Mallory Cowen, to see how she prefers to be contacted for customer service issues as I will probably not be able to assist you with that.
Now watch my video on YouTube for more details about this head:
The two skins I used in the video are:
- Glam Affair Mimi (SLurl to satellite store)
- Laq Nyx (comes with head)
I have made a shape for this head and once I release it, it will be in my marketplace store and I will link to it from here.
I have released my shape for this head now and it is available in my marketplace store. (UPDATE – MY SHAPES ARE NO LONGER AVAILABLE)
I wanted to mention the LAQ Autumn Photography contest that is going on right now. Three winners will be chosen to receive new releases from LAQ and the contest ends at the end of October. Click over for full details and don’t forget to enter!
Also, today is The Bloggies Awards Ceremony, brought to you by The Blogger and Vlogger Network. I’ll be live streaming there today so don’t forget to watch live with me! It starts at 12pm PST.
My style credits:
Shape: StrawberrySingh.com Nyx Shape by Strawberry Singh (UPDATE – MY SHAPES ARE NO LONGER AVAILABLE)
*Mesh Body: Maitreya Mesh Body – Lara V4.1 by Onyx LeShelle
*Mesh Head: LAQ Bento – Motion Capture – Nyx 2.31 by Mallory Cowen
*Skin Applier: Laq Nyx (comes with head)
*Eyes: LAQ ~ Bento eyes [Green] by Mallory Cowen (come with head)
Hair: Stealthic – Like Lust by Stealthic
Hairbase: [KoKoLoReS] Tintable shaved Hairbase – Omega – by Leyla Flux
*Top: erratic / nishi – hoodie by Erratic Rain (C88)
*Jeans: Blueberry – DWL Jeans – Boot Cut Heels by Blueberryxx
*Boots: !APHORISM! – Sabrina Ankle Boot by Rucy Byron
*Earrings: MG – Earrings – Nima’s Fall Leaf by Maxi Gossamer
*Dog: JIAN Jack Russel Terrier :: Companion by JianSL (Luxe Box May 2017)
*Poses+Props: Kirin – Autumn Leaves by Carolina Sautereau
Location: La Vie
7 thoughts on “LAQ Nyx Bento Mesh Head”
I’m very, very impressed with this head and am thisclose to throwing my piggy bank at the creator, but try as I might, I can’t get any head I’ve tried to match my system body face. Over the years I’ve learned that faces need tweaks when skin changes, especially since I change from Caucasian to Blue to Chocolate to …. you get the idea. With very little effort I was able to come close with one skin but changing to another the results are like looking at another person when I demo a mesh head. The differences aren’t that dramatic with my system head. Any tips? Advice? Miracles?
Thanks for doing such great work on reviewing all those products!
Hey Uccello, I honestly don’t have any advice or tips about this, it’s just the way it is I guess. Skins tend to really change the look of a head, especially if they have a lot of shading on them. I usually only make one shape for each bento head but when I wear different skins over them, they can look so different. You can see that in some of the videos where I try on a lot of different skins on the same head and shape, not something that I have any miracles for unfortunately.
Pingback: LAQ Rina & Neve Bento Mesh Heads - StrawberrySingh.com
Ok so I realize this is a year old – Just WOW this is so beautiful. I’m still learning the ins and outs of second life. But this is just GOALS.
Pingback: LAQ Noelle Bento Mesh Head & LAQ v3.06 Main HUD Update – StrawberrySingh.com
Pingback: LAQ Skye Bento Head + Bento HUD 3.0 – StrawberrySingh.com
Pingback: LAQ Poppy Bento Mesh Head – StrawberrySingh.com