Back in March of 2013 I started doing weekly Second Life blogger Challenges every Monday, and I called them my Monday memes. Due to lack of time, I stopped doing them regularly a couple of years ago. Since then, I’ve been getting numerous requests from bloggers that used to do them with me back in the day to resurrect my Monday memes and do them regularly once again. I’ll be honest, it can be very time consuming to do this, but I will try my best to do it if not every Monday, then every other Monday.
A few things I will do differently this time:
- I will just call this my #SecondLifeChallenge posts. You guys can still call them Monday Memes but I wanted to give them more of a general name so any Second Life resident can feel like they can do them, not just bloggers. I will tag all of these posts on my blog and all my social media with the hashtag #SecondLifeChallenge.
- I will try and like and/or follow all the bloggers, vloggers, and other challenge takers wherever possible, either by following their blogs, youtube channels or whatever social media they use to do the challenge. I probably won’t be able to respond to each post with a comment like I used to, but will do my best to read and like for sure. Another reason I wanted to start this challenge again is because there are so many new bloggers and vloggers in our community and I hope these challenges will assist in helping me and others discover some new blogs to read or vlogs to watch.
- I will be repeating a lot of my previous Monday Memes because people keep requesting that I do so. I will also do polls to see which memes you would like me to repeat in future posts.
Other than that, I will just have fun doing them! I feel like my blogging has become a bit monotonous with all of the instructional posts about bento heads (which I love doing,) so I wanted to bring back a bit more interactive fun to my blog posts again.
Here are the instructions for the #SecondLifeChallenge this Monday: Share seven facts about your Second Life avatar or your SLife that may or may not be obvious to your readers/everyone.
Disclaimer: This is one of the first challenges I did in 2013 so some of the answers below will be repeated as they are still valid.
- My Second Life Fact #1: I have never purchased any lindens. I have earned all of my inworld shopping money through various jobs and selling shapes and things in my marketplace store.
- My Second Life Fact #2: I’ve never owned any land or had a premium account in Second Life.
- My Second Life Fact #3: I hate notecards. I hate them with a passion and avoid reading them unless I absolutely have to.
- My Second Life Fact #4: I love it when my Second Life is quiet and peaceful. I prefer to be alone in Second Life and explore it on my own and learn about new products on my own. I wish there was an option to login invisible.
- My Second Life Fact #5: Before mesh heads became a thing, I was very attached to the way my avatar looked and didn’t like to change it often. Since bento heads, I get bored with the same look and feel the need to try a completely different head/skin all the time.
- My Second Life Fact #6: I feel incredibly embarrassed about my inventory number and hate sharing how much it’s at when people ask. I wish I had the patience and time to delete and organize it better.
- My Second Life Fact #7: I have never been bored in Second Life. There has always been something for me to do or some place to explore and that’s what I love about it the most. It’s there whenever I need some entertainment in my life.
I’m also doing this challenge in vlog format so you can watch me talk about my seven Second Life facts on YouTube:
If you decide to do this challenge and share your seven Second Life facts with us, don’t forget to leave a link to your post in the comments of this post, and/or in the comments of my video.
You don’t have to have a blog to do this challenge, you can do it on any social media platform or vlog on youtube. Just don’t forget to tag your post with #SecondLifeChallenge.
Please remember there is no time limit to do this challenge, you can participate in any #SecondLifeChallenge at any time. You’ll find them all under my Blog Challenges category along with other memes and challenges I’ve done over the years. I’ve also started a #SecondLifeChallenge playlist on my YouTube channel.
Thanks in advance for participating!
Shape: StrawberrySingh.com May Shape by Strawberry Singh
*Mesh Body: Maitreya Mesh Body – Lara V4.1 by Onyx LeShelle
*Mesh Head: .LeLutka.Head.May 3.0 by JadenArt
*Skin Applier: Glam Affair Ayama by Aida Ewing (C88)
*Eyes Applier: Avi-Glam Charm Eyes by Kendra Parfort (ShinyShabby)
*Hair: Stealthic – Fatal by Stealthic
*Top: …Mutresse… Esen Top by Eeky Cioc (C88)
*Skirt: …Mutresse… Esen Mini Skirt by Eeky Cioc (C88)
*Ring on right hand: Zaara : Kasita finger-harness by Zaara Kohime
*AO: VISTA ANIMATIONS *HUD 5.32*ESTHER BENTO AO by Vista Barnes