Today I will be talking about LAQ‘s 4th bento head called Lulu. Lulu comes with motion capture animations, just like their previous bento heads Jade, Gaia and Ana. I’ve done a detailed video for Lulu explaining all of the options, animations and HUD, which I am embedding below, but first here is some information about her:
- Price: Lulu costs L$5000 and the DEMO is free. Both are available at the LAQ mainstore.
- Main HUD: It comes with one main HUD that has three tabs; features, mood and looks:
- Features: The features tab has options to hide certain parts of the head, neck size, skin tones, freckles, wrinkles blush, eyebrows, lashes, hairbases, lipstick and eyeshadow. All of the skin and cosmetics sections also have a tinting option available for each layer.
- Mood: The mood tab includes 17 motion capture animations. The moods at the top can be selected as your default animations. The expressions you choose to play below will go back to your default mood if you have one activated. You can play animations individually or choose several to play at random. The poses button pauses animations for photos. The talk button underneath the expressions will enable lip movement when you are on voice or typing in chat (I couldn’t get it to work for voice). The auto expression syncs with the SL animations that can be found in animated furniture etc…
- Looks: In the looks tab, you can save your favorite skin and makeup combinations for easier access in the future.
- Skin & Body Appliers: It comes with a skin available in the HUD in 7 different tones. You can pick up matching body appliers at the LAQ mainstore for varying prices. I picked up the Maitreya body appliers and they cost L$299 per tone.
- Motion Capture Animations: It is animated using real life movements and these animations come with the HUD and are available in the main HUD. LAQ has a youtube channel and a 10 minute video where they showed how these animations work in detail.
- Omega Compatibility: The skin, tattoo, eyebrows, hairbase, eye makeup and lipstick layers have Omega pre-installed, so no system kit is needed. You can wear any Omega applier of your choice on this head without any relay hud. If the applier has different zone maps, make sure you click the default zone. There are Omega buttons in the HUD to activate Omega.
- Eye fx: This feature adds shading and eye reflections on a separate layer from the eye itself. This way, shading and reflections stay intact even when your avatar looks around. Your eyes will also reflect light in the evening. You can turn this feature on and off at the top of the features tab.
- Customer Service Questions: If you have any questions about this head, it would be best if you looked at the designer’s profile, her name is Mallory Cowen, to see how she prefers to be contacted for customer service issues as I will probably not be able to assist you with that.
Now watch my video on YouTube for more details about this head:
The two skins I used in the video are:
I have made a shape for this head and once I release it, it will be in my marketplace store and I will link to it from here.
UPDATE: I also wanted to mention the LAQ Autumn Photography contest that is going on right now. Three winners will be chosen to receive new releases from LAQ and the contest ends at the end of October. Click over for full details and don’t forget to enter!
Shape: StrawberrySingh.com Lulu Shape by Strawberry Singh
*Mesh Body: Maitreya Mesh Body – Lara V4.1 by Onyx LeShelle
*Mesh Head: LAQ Bento – Motion Capture – Lulu 1.0 by Mallory Cowen
*Skin Applier: Glam Affair Mimi by Aida Ewing (SLurl to satellite store)
*Eyes: LAQ ~ Bento eyes [Blue] by Mallory Cowen (come with head)
Hair: Stealthic – Genesis (Bento Fitted) by Stealthic
*Dress: erratic / ade – dress by Erratic Rain (@ Uber)
*AO: VISTA ANIMATIONS *HUD 5.32*ESTHER BENTO AO-V1 MEDIUM by Vista Barnes