PocketGacha is a new concept in Second Life where you can do majority of your shopping in the comfort of your Second Life home. If you are tired of trying to teleport into laggy events and are a hermit like me and prefer the quiet and comfort of your home or platform, then PocketGacha can give you that easily. New items will be released on the 15th of each month and their first month started on August 15th.
You can get all of the details about PocketGacha from their website and I’ve also done a detailed video on it which I will be embedding below but I do want to point out a few things about it since it is such a different concept.
- HUD-Based: This is completely HUD based and all of the shopping you do will be through the HUD therefore you can do it at any location in Second Life and do not have to teleport anywhere to do so. To pick up the Gacha HUD for free, you can join the PocketGacha Group and have it automatically delivered to you on the 15th of each month. or pick it up at the PocketGacha HQ or purchase it from the marketplace.
- Gacha: The items in this are of course gacha based so you in order to receive the items, you must pay into the HUD repeatedly to receive the items you want.
- Purchase Complete Sets: If you prefer not to play gachas and just want to purchase what you want outright, there is also an option to purchase the complete set for a set price instead of playing continuously for each item.
- Use Lindens or Tokens: To pay for the items in the HUD, you need to be able to let the HUD access your lindens. Even though it is relatively safe to do that, some people are not always comfortable with giving different objects access to their lindens so they have also created the option of tokens. You can go to the PocketGacha HQ and purchase tokens with your lindens that will then be added to your HUD and then you can play the gachas with the tokens. Each token costs L$1.
Now watch my video on YouTube for more details:
If you have any more questions about PocketGacha, make sure to check out their FAQ page or their HUD tutorial for more information. You can also see a list of creators participating each month on their Creators page and the current month’s catalog on their Catalog page.
Some links to PocketGacha:
- PocketGacha Website
- PocketGacha HQ
- PocketGacha on Marketplace
- PocketGacha on Facebook
- PocketGacha on Flickr
- PocketGacha Flickr Group