Nardya Rousselot has been a Second Life resident since 2007, and since 2008 I have been wearing her designs and watching her talent evolve. My first purchase of hers was back in 2008 when her store was called Nardya and she was releasing some of my most favorite tattoos on the grid. If you scroll back on both of her flickr streams (Nardya and Nardcotix) you will see that she went from making tattoos and clothing under the name Nardya, then changing her store name to Nardcotix and going on to make more clothing, home and decor and fantastic shoes! Now she has released her first mesh body. On Friday, March 17th she released David, a male mesh body that is incredibly muscular, sexy and has quite the bubble butt! I am wearing the shape I made for my Catwa Daniel head with this body right now however, I had to reduce my butt slider from 60 all the way down to 15 lol, that’s how much of an awesome butt David has!
I’ve made a little video about David which I am embedding below, but first here are some details about him:
- Price: David costs L$1750 and the DEMO is free. They are both available at the Nardcotix store. There is also an option to purchase the body as a gift for a loved one. If you join the NX-Nardcotix David Mesh Body inworld group (it is free to join) and wear the tag of the group when purchasing, you will get a 10% discount.
- Layers: There are two main layers to this body: skin and tattoo. There are no underpants or clothing layers like you find in other mesh bodies. Therefore if you are wearing applier clothing with this body, then you will not be able to wear an applier tattoo underneath it. All applier clothing and tattoos get applied to the same tattoo layer.
- HUDS: It comes with one main HUD with four tabs. In the first tab you can control your skins and nails. In the second tab you have access to your alpha cuts. In the third tab you can access your tattoo layer and in the final fourth tab you have your neck fix, slink feet option and different hand expressions.
- Bento: This body does not have bento hands as of yet, but there will be a free upgrade to bento hands within the month.
- Hands & Feet: This body comes with the hands and feet attached to it, therefore you are not able to wear any other hands with this body except for the ones it comes with. I have tried both Vista bento male hands as well as SLink hands on both after hiding the hands in the HUD, but they do not fit the body properly. However, for the feet, there is an option in the fourth tab to enable slink feet fit and then you can make your feet invisible using the alpha section and wear your slink feet with it.
- Omega Compatibility: It is Omega compatible for both the skin and tattoo layers. You will need to pick up the Omega activation HUD from the marketplace and it is also available at the Nardcotix store right beside the body. Once you purchase that HUD, you only need to wear it once, hit apply so it activates the omega on the body and then you don’t need to keep reattaching that HUD anytime you want to use omega appliers on this body, they will just work automatically. More information about this on the Omega Solutions blog.
- Developer Kit for Appliers: If you want to create skins or tattoos for this body, the developer kit for appliers is available for free at the Nardcotix store right now. You can also join the NX-Nardcotix Developers Inworld Group (it’s free to join) for more information.
- Developer Kit for Mesh: If you want to make mesh clothing to fit this body, the mesh dev kit will be released in one month and there will be an application process for that. I suggest joining the NX-Nardcotix Developers Inworld Group (it’s free to join) for more information about that as well.
- Nardcotix Website: For more information about the David mesh body, click over to the David Mesh Body features page on the Nardcotix website and also check out their FAQ page for the David mesh body.
- Customer Service: If you have any issues or questions about this body, it would be better if you looked at the designer’s profile, her name is Nardya Rousselot, to see how she prefers to be contacted for customer service issues as I will not be able to assist you with that.
Now watch my video on YouTube: https://youtu.be/2xbr0P3kWbA
I am looking forward to the bento update for this body as I do like the look of the body as well. I am hoping designers create some more clothing and appliers for it soon as well as right now it is a bit difficult to wear clothing with it that will fit perfectly.
One thing I do want to point out is that I am wearing the Catwa Daniel mesh head with this, which fits perfectly, however the skin I am wearing is from Tableau Vivant. Tableau Vivant does not have an omega applier for mesh bodies, they only have Signature and SLink at the moment. Therefore I used the skin that came with this David mesh body and just used the tinting section of the HUD to match the skin on the head somewhat. It is not a perfect match and there is a seam at the neck, even though I am also wearing the neck fix. Please make note of that if you plan to also purchase the Tableau Vivant skin.
Shape: StrawberrySingh.com Daniel Shape by Strawberry Singh (modified)
*Mesh Body: NX-Nardcotix David Mesh Body by Nardya Rousselot
*Mesh Head: CATWA HEAD Daniel v1.06 by Catwa Clip
*Skin Appliers: Tableau Vivant Catwa Head Appliers by M4ri1yn Magic
*Eyes: Catwa Rigged Eyes (come with mesh head)
*Hair: Tableau Vivant \\ Hudson by M4ri1yn Magic (@MOM)
*Hairbase: Modulus – Helix HairBase – brown4 by Chucky Hollak
Boxers: TAOX CLOTH & Appliers – Boxer – Hello Ladies by 0Claudia0 Novaland
*Tattoo: NX-Nardcotix Eye Of Despair Tattoo Applier by Nardya Rousselot (comes w/David mesh body)
*Poses: Diesel Works by Rogan Diesel