Altamura has released their second bento head. Their first bento head was a female head named Aggie and now they have released their first male bento head, named Aaron. Here are some details about Aaron and then a video embedded below:
- Price: The head is only L$1999 until February 12th, 2017 at the Altamura mainstore. After that, the price will go back up to the regular price which is L$3499. The DEMO for the head is available for free in their marketplace store.
- HUDS: It comes with 3 HUDs, one main HUD that has animations, skin tones and makeup layers and appliers sections along with an option to change the color using rgb values for any of the tones and appliers. Then there are two smaller HUDs, one for skins and one for makeup.
- Skin Tones: It comes with four skin tones. The skin tones also have a no eyebrow option.
- Animations: It does come with a few animations which are always visible on the left side of the main HUD. I’ve shown how they look in the video below.
- Other options: It also comes with a few other options such as 3 different eyelash lengths, the ability to turn the ears invisible as well as being able to change your neck size.
- Mesh Body Appliers: Altamura has omega body appliers that I used for my SLink body. These appliers are sold separately in the mainstore and the marketplace for L$250.
- Omega compatible: This head is also omega compatible, and using this omega relay HUD, I was able to apply Omega appliers to this head.
- Developer Kit: There is a developer kit for this head available at their marketplace store.
- Customer Service Questions: If you have any questions about this head, it would be best if you looked at the designer’s profile, her name is Rumegusc Altamura, to see how she prefers to be contacted for customer service issues as I will probably not be able to assist you with that.
Watch the video on Youtube: https://youtu.be/PakTdj72mA8
I find this head to be quite handsome. Even though there are not many skins that I know of that are available for this head, it is omega compatible and it comes with a decent skin itself. Hopefully with the availability of the dev kit, we will see more designers making skins for this head.
If you are not familiar with Bento, here is some information and links that will explain it in detail:
- What is Bento? – On December 15th, 2015, Linden Lab announced a new project called Bento. Basically what they are doing is adding additional bones to the Second Life avatar skeleton to support both rigging and animation.
- Bento is Live! – Bento went live on December 5, 2016 and is currently available in all Second Life viewers. Please update your viewer to the latest release if you haven’t already done so.
- Weekly Content Creation User Group meetings – Everyone is invited to join the weekly, public meeting intended for discussion of issues around content creation, including avatars, animations, mesh, bento, etc…
- My Project Bento tag on my blog – Keep an eye on my Project Bento tag on my blog for all posts I make about Bento.
- My Project Bento YouTube PlayLists – Keep an eye on my Project Bento YouTube Playlist for all videos I make about Bento.
I have released my shape for this head now and it is available in my marketplace store. (UPDATE – MY SHAPES ARE NO LONGER AVAILABLE)
Shape: StrawberrySingh.com Aaron Shape by Strawberry Singh (UPDATE – MY SHAPES ARE NO LONGER AVAILABLE)
*Mesh Body: Slink Physique MALE Mesh Body V2.02 by Siddean Munro
*Mesh Head: Altamura: “AARON” BENTO mesh head v0.35 by Rumegusc Altamura
Eyes: IKON IKON Charm Eyes – Coffee by Ikon Innovia
*Bento Hands: VISTA BENTO PROHAND SLINK MALE V1B by Vista Barnes
*Hair: DOUX – Mikey Hairstyle by Dam1710 (@ TMD)
*Top: BlankLine Flight jacket [Black] v1.1 by Kureha (@ TMD)
Jeans: Slink Physique Mens Stovepipe Jeans Indigo by Siddean Munro