Akeruka has released the most amount of bento heads on the grid, with 6 male mesh heads and over 10 female mesh heads. I have blogged quite a number of them already, which you can find in my Akeruka tag on my blog. All of the heads will have updates for life, no matter when you purchase them. A lot of them started out as regular mesh heads, then they were updated to bento and now they have all been updated to the latest 2.0 versions.
A few days ago Akeruka released Cole, which is the latest edition to their male bento heads. I have a detailed video embedded below, but before that, here are some notes about this head:
- Price: The price of this head is L$2999 and it is available at the Akeruka mainstore as well as the marketplace. The DEMO is free and available in both places as well.
- Omega Compatibility: This head is omega compatible, as are all the other Akeruka mesh heads. You can pick up the omega relay hud for Akeruka on marketplace.
- 2.0 update includes: The ability to minimize the main HUD, more layers, tinting, blending and specular on almost all layers, eye animation and 3 new lip animations on main HUD, you can also now hide your teeth and parts of your skull to fit hair better, and more.
- Basic HUD: It comes with a basic HUD that has 3 static eye poses and 3 static mouth poses.
- Expression HUD Addon: There will be an expression HUD addon for this head, that will be released in a few days.
- Akeruka YouTube Video: Akeruka has released a couple of videos about the 2.0 update which you can check out on their youtube channel.
- Customer Service Questions: If you have any questions about this head, it would be best if you looked at the designer’s profile, his name is Kaoz Koba, to see how he prefers to be contacted for customer service issues as I will probably not be able to assist you with that.
Watch my video on YouTube: https://youtu.be/yfMhEvKckDE
This head is a very handsome one, especially with the shape it comes with. My own shape I tried to make a bit more rugged, not sure if I accomplished that. I am going to continue to tweak my shape for a few more days and then release it in my marketplace store soon. Once it’s released, I’ll put a link to it in this post.
If you are not familiar with Bento, here is some information and links that will explain it in detail:
- What is Bento? – On December 15th, 2015, Linden Lab announced a new project called Bento. Basically what they are doing is adding additional bones to the Second Life avatar skeleton to support both rigging and animation.
- Bento is Live! – Bento went live on December 5, 2016 and is currently available in all Second Life viewers. Please update your viewer to the latest release if you haven’t already done so.
- Weekly Content Creation User Group meetings – Everyone is invited to join the weekly, public meeting intended for discussion of issues around content creation, including avatars, animations, mesh, bento, etc…
- My Project Bento tag on my blog – Keep an eye on my Project Bento tag on my blog for all posts I make about Bento.
- My Project Bento YouTube PlayLists – Keep an eye on my Project Bento YouTube Playlist for all videos I make about Bento.
Shape: StrawberrySingh.com Cole Shape by Strawberry Singh
*Mesh Body: Slink Physique MALE Mesh Body V2.02 by Siddean Munro
*Mesh Head: [AK] Mesh Head Cole Vers. 2.5 By Kaoz Koba
Eyes: IKON IKON Charm Eyes – Coffee by Ikon Innovia
*Bento Hands: VISTA BENTO PROHAND SLINK MALE V1B by Vista Barnes
*Hairbase: Modulus – Helix HairBases – Browns by Chucky Hollak
*Hair: Modulus – Vaas hair by Chucky Hollak (SwagBag Aug 2016)
*Jacket: Cold Ash WADE Leather Jacket by ColdAsh (@ TMD)
Jeans: Slink Physique Mens Stovepipe Jeans Indigo