Catwa Lilo Bento Mesh Head
Catwa released her third female bento head a few days ago, her name is Lilo. Her first female bento head was called Catya, her second female bento head was called Kimberly and her male bento head is Daniel.
Here is some information about Lilo:
- Price: The price of this head is L$5000 and it is available at the Catwa mainstore. The DEMO is free and available in the mainstore as well.
- Omega Compatibility: This head is omega compatible, as are all the other Catwa mesh heads. You can pick up the omega relay hud for Catwa heads on marketplace.
- Layers: This head has 3 layers: The first layer is for skin and then it has two layers for makeup on top of that, which are divided into different sections, providing you many options for a more customized look.
- HUDs: The head comes with two HUDs: the master HUD and the Animations HUD. The master HUD has all of the skin, makeup and hairbase options. The Animations HUD controls blinking, talking, static eyes and lips and 24 expressions.
- Rigged Eyes: The head comes with rigged eyes that should be worn with it and can be changed and modified using the Catwa Mesh Eyes HUD as well as any appliers made for Catwa mesh eyes.
- More Information: For more information about Catwa Bento heads, click over to Catwa’s website for a detailed post as well as her youtube channel for an even more detailed video.
- Customer Service Questions: If you have any questions about this head, it would be best if you looked at the designer’s profile, her name is Catwa Clip, to see how she prefers to be contacted for customer service issues as I will probably not be able to assist you with that.
Now watch my video on YouTube: https://youtu.be/A67aLZfKQ-M
Here is the list of skins I applied on myself in the video:
- Glam Affair Kika
- L’Etre Alice
- YSYS Jing
- YSYS Maki
- DeeTalez Snjezana
- Bold & Beauty Liu
- Insol Sarah
- Egozy Bae
- Amara Beauty Jewel
- League Ella
To me this head is a bit different with some unique features. I am not sure how often I will wear it but it is quite nice and you can achieve a different kind of look with it.
People have been asking what the difference between the three heads is, so I decided to do an image wearing the same shape and skin. The shape I am wearing is my Kimberly shape and the skin is DeeTalez Doutzen. The best way to see the differences is to try a DEMO for yourself. As you can see in the image, the heads respond differently to the same sliders. For example, Lilo’s lips can be made a lot bigger without them puckering up too much from the side.
If you are not familiar with Bento, here is some information and links that will explain it in detail:
- What is Bento? – On December 15th, 2015, Linden Lab announced a new project called Bento. Basically what they are doing is adding additional bones to the Second Life avatar skeleton to support both rigging and animation.
- Bento is Live! – Bento went live on December 5, 2016 and is currently available in all Second Life viewers. Please update your viewer to the latest release if you haven’t already done so.
- Weekly Content Creation User Group meetings – Everyone is invited to join the weekly, public meeting intended for discussion of issues around content creation, including avatars, animations, mesh, bento, etc…
- My Project Bento tag on my blog – Keep an eye on my Project Bento tag on my blog for all posts I make about Bento.
- My Mesh Head Category and Male and Female Mesh Head YouTube PlayLists – For more of my mesh head reviews and videos, click over to my Mesh Heads Category on my blog and my Male and Female Mesh Head Playlists on my YouTube channel.
I have released the shape and it is available in my marketplace store now. (UPDATE – MY SHAPES ARE NO LONGER AVAILABLE)
Shape: StrawberrySingh.com Lilo Shape by Strawberry Singh (UPDATE – MY SHAPES ARE NO LONGER AVAILABLE)
*Mesh Body: Maitreya Mesh Body – Lara V3.5 by Onyx LeShelle
*Mesh Head: CATWA HEAD Lilo v2.11 by Catwa Clip
*Skin Applier: Glam Affair Kika – Africa by Aida Ewing (@TGG)(slurl)
*Eyes: CATWA RIGGED EYES by Catwa Clip (come with head)
*Bento Hands: VISTA PROHAND V.1FINAL by Vista Barnes
*Hair: Discord Designs – Pip by Kallisti Burns
*Outfit: GizzA – Sybille Set by Giz Seorn
*Bag: Hervae : Trotter Bag by Roxy Olsonne
*Bangles: [MANDALA]HARAMITA-season2-Bangle by kikunosuke Eel
*Rings: lassitude & ennui Boho ring set by Jackal Ennui
*Background: RAMA – #selfie_RAMA RAMANCHY Boutique by Faullon
16 thoughts on “Catwa Lilo Bento Mesh Head”
“To me this head is a bit different with some unique features.”
Most features seem the same or similar to other heads. What we really want to see if the difference between this and the other Bento heads.
What distinguishes this head compared to others?
Bento heads right now are as good as a reg fit mesh head, with the issues that they are much more hard to adjust and get a good look.
So unless you will wish to have a rather unique and, not get any illusions, never close to your system mesh head, any can acheive a much better and enjoyable and still most unique face with just a reg fit mesh head.
And Catwa prices for bento heads don’t help the spreading of their use for sure.
Funny how i dont see this blog make a review of for example, the full perms Bento head done by meli imako.
Pingback: Catwa Lilo Bento Mesh Head - StrawberrySingh.co...
I have been following your videos on the mesh heads and enjoy them very much. I am learning a lot from you.
Since you have explored so many mesh bodies, heads and skins in your
work I would love to know some of the items that really stand out for you.
Cat Hunter, it’s hard to explain the differences in the features of the head, it’s something that you would have to DEMO and see for yourself. I have done an image using the same exact shape and skin wearing the three heads:
You can see how they all respond differently to the same shape sliders. Lilo has bigger lips and smaller eyes that make more of a statement. I hope the image helps you see it better, but more than anything, it’s best to try a DEMO to get the actual feel for it.
ZZ Bottom, I’m just one girl and this is just my hobby. I blog when I get the time because I do have a real life career. I’m doing the best I can here. I see that you have a blog, I look forward to seeing your blog post about it! 🙂
Lana Simondsen, it’s really hard to pick favorites as I like different aspects of all mesh heads. That being said, LeLutka heads and huds really stand out to me. They are extremely polished and the quality is phenomenal.
Thanks Strawberry, that image is actually really useful. It is not the prettiest of images, but it shows the distinct features of each. You can see how the lips in Catya have been sorted out in the more recent heads for example.
I do not blog about Sl, i just post what, in my personal view seems interesting from other blogs.
I don’t post about bento mesh heads as i don’t need, i got the look i like with a reg catwa helena head.
But knowing your blog is followed by many, it would be nice to see a review that would point for a Full perm item instead of always the same non mod ones and mostly to expensive (is there any reason for catwa to charge L 5000 per a bento head, besides cheer greed?)
Still is your blog, sad to see it lobbying in favor of the most expensive always but well, as you say, others could fill the gap.
Yes ZZ, I guess it would be nice to see all of the bento heads reviewed in one place. It would also be nice if people asked me nicely if I missed one, which often they do and then I try to fulfill their requests (like I did with the Adam and Eve heads.)
But when people accuse me of trying to play favorites with wording like this: “Funny how i dont see this blog make a review of for example, the full perms Bento head done by meli imako”
and again like this: “Still is your blog, sad to see it lobbying in favor of the most expensive always”
then the only thing it does is piss me off and I already don’t like you very much because of your disparaging tweets about muslims last summer. What I don’t understand is, why you continue to read my blog, repost my work, or even bother commenting here if you don’t like me, my faith or even the work that I do here. Why are you still clicking here if my blog is not serving your needs? You do nothing but irritate me in every possible way.
Word of advice, next time you want me to blog something here, ask me in a nicer way, I may even think about it.
“is there any reason for catwa to charge L 5000 per a bento head, besides cheer greed?”
5000L$ is about 20 bucks US, that’s super cheap for all the work catwa does to make a mesh head. outside of second life, where 3d artists are actually paid what they SHOULD be, she would probably make hundreds of dollars off of a 3d modeled head WITH base head texture AND animations. she deserves to be paid for her work.
Strawberry, Thank you so much for taking time to respond. I so appreciate that and the work you do for us.
I agree with Nimil.
Berry, I didn’t think I would be purchasing another Bento head so soon after getting Kimberly, but I demo’d Lilo and fell in love! She reminds me of the Cindy head that was released pre-bento. Lilo was pretty much what I was looking for but didn’t know I was looking for it, if you know what I mean.
The words i used to reply to your post are, now that i read them again, a lot of nonsense, when i pointed you being part of a lobby, for sure i expressed better on my blog as i did a post abut it (Yes you challenged me), so on that i don’t have any problems saying i’m sorry about the way my words sound.
Pingback: Catwa Kathy Bento Head – BEP SL
Pingback: Catwa Sofia Bento Mesh Head & v3.0 update - StrawberrySingh.com
Pingback: Catwa Margeaux Bento Mesh Head – StrawberrySingh.com
Pingback: Catwa Kathy Bento Head – StrawberrySingh.com