Catwa Catya Bento Mesh Head

Catwa Catya Bento Mesh Head

Catwa has released her first Bento Mesh Head named Catya. This head is the one I blogged about a month ago when she had sent me a preview of it, now you all can give it a try. Here are some details about this head:

• Price: The price of this head is L$5000 and the DEMO is available for free at the Catwa mainstore as well as the marketplace.
  • Rigged Eyes: The head comes with rigged eyes that should be worn with it and can be changed and modified using the Catwa Mesh Eyes HUD as well as any appliers made for Catwa mesh eyes.
  • HUDs: The head comes with two HUDs: the master HUD and the Animations HUD.
  • Layers: This head has 3 layers: The first layer is for skin and then it has two layers for makeup on top of that, which are divided into different sections, providing you many options for a more customized look.
  • More Information: For more information about this head, click over to Catwa’s website for a detailed post as well as her youtube channel for an even more detailed video.
  • Bento Viewer: In order to see this head properly, you need to use the Bento Release Candidate Viewer. Bento has not hit the main viewer as of yet, when it does, I will let you know. Also please note, if you wear a Bento head right now, it will not be seen properly to other Second Life residents unless they are also using a Bento viewer.
  • Customer Service Questions: If you have any questions about this head, it would be best if you looked at the designer’s profile, her name is Catwa Clip, to see how she prefers to be contacted for customer service issues as I will probably not be able to assist you with that.

I have done a detailed video about this head showing all of the options it comes with. I also applied several different skin appliers to it and played with the sliders to show you.

Watch the video on Youtube: https://youtu.be/r9yNjM0yNqM

Here is the list of skins I applied on myself in the video:
> Insol Mia
> DeeTaleZ Gwendoline
> Glam Affair Gio
> L’Etre Misato
> Atelier Pepe Daphne
> YSYS Lucinda
> Bold & Beauty Liu
> Amara Beauty Priya
> Birth Opal

StrawberrySingh.com Catya Shape Available for sale on marketplace.

I have also created a shape for this mesh head, based off of the body on my Zara Shape. I’ve named the shape Catya and it is available for sale in my marketplace store. One thing you may have noticed in my video is sometimes the mesh heads look a bit squished or warped in weird ways, no matter which shape you use. To fix that, just play one of the animations from the animation HUD and it seems to reset the head and makes it look normal again.

I believe this is just part of the glitches of Bento since it is still so new, hopefully all of these little bugs will be worked out before it goes official.

If you are not familiar with Bento, here is some information and links that will explain it in detail:

1. What is Bento?On December 15th, 2015, Linden Lab announced a new project called Bento. Basically what they are doing is adding additional bones to the Second Life avatar skeleton to support both rigging and animation.
  2. Weekly Meetings – Linden Lab has been having weekly meetings about Bento, which everyone is invited to. They announce them on the Bento User Group wikipage every week.
  3. Second Life Bento Release Candidate Viewer – You need to download the Second Life Bento Release Candidate Viewer in order to use or see any items rigged to the Bento Skeleton.
  4. My Project Bento tag on my blog – Keep an eye on my Project Bento tag on my blog for all posts I make about Bento.
  5. My Mesh Head Category and Male and Female Mesh Head YouTube PlayLists – For more of my mesh head reviews and videos, click over to my Mesh Heads Category on my blog and my Male and Female Mesh Head Playlists on my YouTube channel.

Catwa has also released two other items this week:

I am counting down the days until Bento goes official with both the Second Life and Firestorm viewers. As soon as I get any information about this, I will let you guys know!

Credits:
Shape: StrawberrySingh.com Catya Shape by Strawberry Singh
*Mesh Body: Maitreya Mesh Body – Lara V3.5 by Onyx LeShelle
*Mesh Head: CATWA HEAD Catya v1.00 by Catwa Clip
*Skin Applier: Insol: Skin Mia, ST05 ‘Chocolate’
Eyeliner: ::SG:: Eyeliner For U by SlackGirl
*Eyes: CATWA RIGGED EYES Catya v1.00 by Catwa Clip (come with head)
*Eyes Applier: DeeTaleZ for CATWA EYES *Hypnotic* by Steffi Villota
*Hair: MINA Hair – Farah by Mina Nakamura (@ Fameshed)
*Dress: .miss chelsea. Dion Dress Nude by MissChelseaStore (@ Fameshed)
*Necklace: [MANDALA]ORIGAMI Rooster by kikunosuke Eel (@ N21)

Strawberry Singh

Strawberry Singh has been a virtual world resident since 2007. She is a virtual worlds explorer, blogger and vlogger.

55 thoughts on “Catwa Catya Bento Mesh Head

• November 1, 2016 at 12:54 am

Do you know if Catwa plans on Bento-ing any of their older heads? I kinda love mine, but would like the added flexibility of Bento to tweak a couple of things.

• November 1, 2016 at 7:33 am

Di, in the comments on her flickr here, Catwa says she will try to do older heads but she can’t promise that she would be able to do it. https://www.flickr.com/photos/53013200@N04/30581213206

LaqLover, I never request review copies and I can’t afford to purchase the head right now. Do you want to buy it for me so I can blog it for you?

• November 1, 2016 at 8:17 am

I was just trying to point out your entitled attitude, I guess you missed it.

In any case, nowhere on my blog do I say I promise to blog every single item released on the grid and nowhere on my blog do I say that I expect every designer to send me their items. When I see something I like, I buy it and I blog it, just like I did with the Logo head and the first Catwa head I ever blogged.

There are numerous other designers releasing mesh heads that I haven’t had a chance to blog as of yet, Laq is just one of them. I’m only one girl and blogging is just my hobby, not my job, just doing my best here. Hopefully one day I’ll be able to blog more items when I have time. Thanks for your suggestion.

• November 1, 2016 at 10:03 am

Berry I want to say thank you for blogging what you do. Don’t let the muppet community drag you down. I have enjoyed your blog posts. Seeing Catya as a bento head from catwa gives me hope we’ll see some Bento heads for men from Catwa as well. Anyways please keep up the fine blogs, your tips on photography in SL have been fantastic and very appreciated.

cheers.

• Pingback:Bento News w/44 | Nalates' Things & StuffNalates’ Things & Stuff

• November 1, 2016 at 2:49 pm

Ty for blogging ignoring the childish comment but ok. I have a question: you made a shape catya? But that’s only for the body right? Cause does the shape also changes the head?
    ❤ farah

• November 1, 2016 at 4:24 pm

Kieran, thanks so much for the kind words, really appreciate it!

Farah, it’s for the body and head. If you watch the video in this blog post, you’ll see how I am playing with the sliders to change the shape of the head because this is a Bento compatible head.

• November 2, 2016 at 1:12 am

Why is it that in any blog or forum there’s someone who needs to pick on others for no reason?

Anyway about Catya, I love the head and your shape for it although it doesn’t look for me like in your video (the lips). Plus quite a few users seem to have the same problem as me that leaves Catya’s mouth permanently open as soon as you wear another shape than the one that came with the head or change the default Catwa shape using the sliders. This was discussed in group chat and we all think it’s a bento bug in the beta viewer which will hopefully disappear once bento is officially released. Knock on wood.

• November 2, 2016 at 8:56 am

Hey Gwyneth, after reading Catwa’s flickr comments here:
    I found out that there is an issue with the skeleton, that’s why the shape gets all wonky and distorted. It did that a few times in my video as well. If you just play an animation to reset the skeleton, the shape should go back to the way it should look. However, I think you guys are right, this is most probably a Bento issue and hopefully all this will be resolved soon.

• Pingback:my first mesh head | Farah Palmer

• November 2, 2016 at 2:31 pm

Seriously Berry, how can you be SO selfish as to not blog every single thing released on SL, ever? I mean for gods sake, how can you possibly be so damn self centred as to not spend every single minute of the day blogging everything on the grid just in case I want to read about it rather than buying it myself? I realise that of course if you spent all day blogging you wouldn’t be able to work and would therefore have no lindens but like, if you bought everything, every designer released daily it should ONLY cost you L$32546976241631668522 which is barely anything at all. You are seriously the WORST blogger in the world and I will continue to read your blog even though I don’t like you.

• November 4, 2016 at 1:41 pm

@LAQlover…Mallory is that you..LMAOOOO STAAHHHPPPPP..Strawberry pulease do not listen to any of this bs….if she want u to blog a laq head have her send the laq head over to u so u can blog it n she can get more sales..df

• November 4, 2016 at 3:56 pm

LAQlover if you are so butthurt about it, why don’t YOU try blogging? Berry isn’t here to be your personal blogging secretary.

p.s. get a fucking life

• Pingback:☆~CATWAがBento対応ヘッドを正式リリース Catya ~★ – Yossy's Tropical Island

• Pingback:Belly Dancing Twins - StrawberrySingh.com

• November 8, 2016 at 7:35 am

The beauty of SL is being able to do what you love in a stress free environment sadly people like Laqlover try to ruin that for us. Laqlover i am amazed by your ignorance lol You have actually turned me off to Laq 100% and lets face it Laq in no way has more options than Catwa, the Laq head is “very limited” for the price and no matter what skin you wear “everyone looks alike”. I suppose Mallory doesn’t have to be bothered seeing as you are doing all of the bothering for her? and btw you are not representing her or her brand very well. You must have a lot of time on your hands. I am waiting until all viewers are bento then i will get the bento head.

• November 11, 2016 at 5:43 pm

Thank you for all the work you do. I am gonna save up for the new Catya head and was thinking about LAQ, but after all the rudeness of that other person I will pass LAQ up. I love Catwa, but will be wearing mostly the non bento heads because they are so awesome, but I do wanna try a bento head so that’ll be the one!
    Also for the laqlover you’ve done more harm than good by your childish attitude and maybe you should grow up before you damage the brand further.

• November 14, 2016 at 5:25 am

Fantastic video, I’ll have to demo it sometime…right now I am loving the Fiore head though.

Um and what’s up with the whiners?….fuck off and get a life.

As for Strawberry, keep it up hun, love your work.

xox

• November 19, 2016 at 2:33 am

I don’t normally read blogs, but since someone gave me the link to yours Strawberry I try to keep up with it. My friend was going on and on about the catwa head above and tbh I’ve never been a fan of the catwa heads, (Lelutka fan) but I watched your video because I was curious to see the differences. Anyhow, you did a previous video to this one on the Catya head with a skin from L’etre and I fell in love and ran out and bought it lmao, so yes I’ve been turned. Thank you Strawberry without your video I probably wouldn’t have bothered 🙂

• Pingback:☆~CATWA Bentoヘッドに挑戦 ~ その2 まずは、まねっこ ~★ – Yossy's Tropical Island

• November 21, 2016 at 9:26 am

I can now say i have tried both the Catwa Bento and the LAQ head. The LAQ head is awful. I used several different skins, eyes, make up etc etc and it doesn’t even come close to measuring up!

So if LAQLover’s poor attitude and terrible representation didn’t ruin it for everyone, then they will work it out for themselves just by trying to 2 heads!

• Pingback:Bento Head Shape Nozomi シェイプ販売開始~♪ – Yossy's Tropical Island

• December 5, 2016 at 5:45 am

Hello 🙂 i love read your blog, yesterday i bought catya head and is just stunning, i’m using firestorm bento viewer and is very good, at the moment no bugs. as i said, the head is just stunning, i’m using it with l’etre skin. i customized it, and it really look like a custom head, i am so in love!!!!!

• Pingback:Bento is Live on the Second Life Viewer! - StrawberrySingh.com

• Pingback:Bento Head Shape Yuri 第二弾シェイプ販売開始~♪ – Yossy's Tropical Island

• Pingback:Bento Head に関してQ&A ~★ – Yossy's Tropical Island

• Pingback:Bento Head に関して知りた~い!Q&A ~★ – Yossy's Tropical Island

• Pingback:Bento Head Shape Aya 第三弾シェイプ販売開始~♪ – Yossy's Tropical Island

• Pingback:Bento Head Shape Satomi 第四弾シェイプ販売開始~♪ – Yossy's Tropical Island

• Pingback:Babygirl | What's in my closet | Second Life Fashion Blog

• Pingback:Bento Head Shape 4商品 シェイプ販売中~♪ – Yossy's Tropical Island

• December 20, 2016 at 1:28 pm

@LAQLover I used to recommend Laq skins to people when I was helping them assemble their mesh appearance. Your attitude, if reflective of the owner of LAQ has certainly put me off to the point that I will no longer consider LAQ heads or skin appliers. It feels like you are rather more involved in LAQ than just simply a fan and your behaviour has damaged my perception of the brand.

Headwise, the Catwa Catya head looks fantastic and I will be playing with it to see how feasible it is for people new to the mesh heads to use. (I usually find that their barriers are the perceived complexity rather than the cost)

• December 31, 2016 at 3:28 pm

I have to admit, I went over to LAQ after reading all of the comments (Suuuure, I have nothing better to be doing *cough*), and I would say, respectfully, that there really aren’t many head options. I believe they came out with a new head recently, but it’s not very eye catching. Beautiful! But I would probably not spend much time demoing their heads when I want to be looking at the other options available in SL.
    Not to agree with the rather atrociously entitled and rude LAQLover, but I have to admit, hearing how many people said they were now 100% turned off to the brand sucks. The creator probably has no idea that a fan of theirs is ruining their name and shutting so much traffic off to otherwise very beautiful and detailed skins. Now if (Surprise!) LAQLover actually is the creator, then well, screw them.
    LAQ really does have quality skins from what I could see, very pretty. All I can suggest is that one does the research and make the decision by themselves, taking into account the actual creators time and effort, but also who it is as a person that they want to be supporting with their Lindens.

• Pingback:メンズシェイプに挑戦中・・・・(-ω-;)ウーン – Yossy's Tropical Island

• Pingback:Bento Head Shape Takeru メンズシェイプ販売開始~♪ – Yossy's Tropical Island

• Pingback:Nozomiをお使いの方にお知らせ/For All Users of “Nozomi” shape – Yossy's Tropical Island

• Pingback:Bento Head Shape Tsubasa 第五弾シェイプ販売開始~♪ – Yossy's Tropical Island

• Pingback:Catwa Kimberly Bento Mesh Head - StrawberrySingh.com

• Pingback:Bento Head Shape Mirei 第六弾シェイプ販売開始~♪ – Yossy's Tropical Island

• Pingback:Catwa Catya Bento Mesh Head - StrawberrySingh.c...

• Pingback:Catwa Lilo Bento Mesh Head - StrawberrySingh.com

• Pingback:Bento Head Shape Haruka 第七弾シェイプ販売開始~♪ – Yossy's Tropical Island

• February 27, 2017 at 10:54 pm

You’re amazing Strawberry ! Laq lover is a troll. You put so much if your time into this for us and the grand majority of us appreciate you so much! Thank you, we all know you have a RL too and still take time from your busy schedule to help us keep our avatars beautiful. Bless you. (I also watch your photography tutorials)

• Pingback:Bento関連商品一覧を作りた~い! – Yossy's Tropical Island

• Pingback:Catwa Kathy Bento Head - StrawberrySingh.com

• Pingback:Catwa Kathy Bento Head – BEP SL

• Pingback:Bento Head Shape Erika 第9弾シェイプ販売開始~♪ – Yossy's Tropical Island

• Pingback:☆~CATWA Bentoヘッドに挑戦 ~ その2 まずは、まねっこ ~★ – Yossy's Tropical Island

• Pingback:Bento Head Shape Pamyu 第八弾シェイプ販売開始~♪ – Yossy's Tropical Island

• Pingback:Catwa Koura Bento Mesh Head - StrawberrySingh.com

• Pingback:Bento Head Shape Reina 第10弾シェイプ販売開始~♪ – Yossy's Tropical Island

• November 30, 2017 at 1:38 pm

Just a quick questions, do the Catwa basic head Huds come with the option to add personal skins UUID?

• September 24, 2018 at 7:21 am

Strawberry, I love your videos. I’ve looked and may have missed it, but can we get your slider settings for Catya? She doesn’t look even CLOSE to yours when I apply your Catya skin.

• September 24, 2018 at 11:36 am

Just a quick note that the owner of LAQ has reached out to me and requested that I delete all of LAQLover’s comments. I normally don’t delete comments but since she has reached out to me personally and said this, “Please please delete those comments, this person has nothing to do with our brand and I don’t want anyone to think so!” I will respect her wishes and delete them.

• September 24, 2018 at 11:39 am

Lloecakes, I don’t believe the Catwa basic head HUDS have this feature, but I am not sure if there has been an update that allows that. Please reach out to Catwa Clip for confirmation.

Jeanie, I am not sure what you mean. If you have purchased my Catya shape that is linked in the style credits at the end of the post, it should look the same as it does in the video. There may be slight differences as I remember Catwa changed the rig on the Catya head slight after I did this post but it should look similar. So the appearance sliders that I’m wearing in this video are the same as the sliders that are in the Catya shape that I sell and is linked in the style credits. Hope that helps.