Catwa has released her first Bento Mesh Head named Catya. This head is the one I blogged about a month ago when she had sent me a preview of it, now you all can give it a try. Here are some details about this head:
- Price: The price of this head is L$5000 and the DEMO is available for free at the Catwa mainstore as well as the marketplace.
- Rigged Eyes: The head comes with rigged eyes that should be worn with it and can be changed and modified using the Catwa Mesh Eyes HUD as well as any appliers made for Catwa mesh eyes.
- HUDs: The head comes with two HUDs: the master HUD and the Animations HUD.
- Layers: This head has 3 layers: The first layer is for skin and then it has two layers for makeup on top of that, which are divided into different sections, providing you many options for a more customized look.
- More Information: For more information about this head, click over to Catwa’s website for a detailed post as well as her youtube channel for an even more detailed video.
- Bento Viewer: In order to see this head properly, you need to use the Bento Release Candidate Viewer. Bento has not hit the main viewer as of yet, when it does, I will let you know. Also please note, if you wear a Bento head right now, it will not be seen properly to other Second Life residents unless they are also using a Bento viewer.
- Customer Service Questions: If you have any questions about this head, it would be best if you looked at the designer’s profile, her name is Catwa Clip, to see how she prefers to be contacted for customer service issues as I will probably not be able to assist you with that.
I have done a detailed video about this head showing all of the options it comes with. I also applied several different skin appliers to it and played with the sliders to show you.
Watch the video on Youtube: https://youtu.be/r9yNjM0yNqM
Here is the list of skins I applied on myself in the video:
> Insol Mia
> DeeTaleZ Gwendoline
> Glam Affair Gio
> L’Etre Misato
> Atelier Pepe Daphne
> YSYS Lucinda
> Bold & Beauty Liu
> Amara Beauty Priya
> Birth Opal
I have also created a shape for this mesh head, based off of the body on my Zara Shape. I’ve named the shape Catya and it is available for sale in my marketplace store. One thing you may have noticed in my video is sometimes the mesh heads look a bit squished or warped in weird ways, no matter which shape you use. To fix that, just play one of the animations from the animation HUD and it seems to reset the head and makes it look normal again.
I believe this is just part of the glitches of Bento since it is still so new, hopefully all of these little bugs will be worked out before it goes official.
If you are not familiar with Bento, here is some information and links that will explain it in detail:
- What is Bento? – On December 15th, 2015, Linden Lab announced a new project called Bento. Basically what they are doing is adding additional bones to the Second Life avatar skeleton to support both rigging and animation.
- Weekly Meetings – Linden Lab has been having weekly meetings about Bento, which everyone is invited to. They announce them on the Bento User Group wikipage every week.
- Second Life Bento Release Candidate Viewer – You need to download the Second Life Bento Release Candidate Viewer in order to use or see any items rigged to the Bento Skeleton.
- My Project Bento tag on my blog – Keep an eye on my Project Bento tag on my blog for all posts I make about Bento.
- My Project Bento YouTube PlayLists – Keep an eye on my Project Bento YouTube Playlist for all videos I make about Bento.
Catwa has also released two other items this week:
- Catwa Bento Catya Teeth Addons – which include buck teeth and fangs. Watch Catwa’s video on youtube where she shows you how to fit them correctly.
- Catwa Bento Catya Animated Tongue – which gives you a playful little teasing animations. Watch Catwa’s video on youtube where she shows you the animation while she wears the Bento hands from Vista Animations.
I am counting down the days until Bento goes official with both the Second Life and Firestorm viewers. As soon as I get any information about this, I will let you guys know!
Shape: StrawberrySingh.com Catya Shape by Strawberry Singh
*Mesh Body: Maitreya Mesh Body – Lara V3.5 by Onyx LeShelle
*Mesh Head: CATWA HEAD Catya v1.00 by Catwa Clip
*Skin Applier: Insol: Skin Mia, ST05 ‘Chocolate’
Eyeliner: ::SG:: Eyeliner For U by SlackGirl
*Eyes: CATWA RIGGED EYES Catya v1.00 by Catwa Clip (come with head)
*Eyes Applier: DeeTaleZ for CATWA EYES *Hypnotic* by Steffi Villota
*Hair: MINA Hair – Farah by Mina Nakamura (@ Fameshed)
*Dress: .miss chelsea. Dion Dress Nude by MissChelseaStore (@ Fameshed)
*Necklace: [MANDALA]ORIGAMI Rooster by kikunosuke Eel (@ N21)