Akeruka has started to update all of their previously released heads so they are Bento compatible. The first one on the update list is Lola, which I’m wearing today. Everyone that had purchased the full version of Lola earlier will get a free update. You can head down to the Akeruka mainstore and hit the redelivery if it doesn’t come through automatically.
The cost of the head is L$1699 but there is a discount for those that are in the Akeruka Group. Once Bento hits the official viewer, the price of the head will be raised to L$2999. If you purchase this head today or you get the update to your previously purchased version, this is what you will find in the folder of this new updated version: a regular version of this head, a Bento version of this head and body appliers that match the skin the head comes with.
This head is also Omega compatible so you can try it out with your favorite omega skins and makeups. In the video I tried a few appliers with this head. One is the latest YSYS releases made especially for Akeruka heads – Nana and I also tried on a few older omega appliers: Glam Affair Sia and Verve Coco.
In the video, I went through each slider again to show you guys which sliders work with the head. Now everyone can make their own shape to create a unique look with these Bento heads. I made my own shape and if you guys like it, I may put it up in my marketplace store.
If you have any questions about this head, it would be best if you looked at the designer’s profile, his name is Kaoz Koba, to see how he prefers to be contacted for customer service issues as I will probably not be able to assist you with that.
Please remember you need to download and install the Bento Release Candidate Viewer in order to see and play with the Bento version of this head. I have heard some third-party viewers have started to incorporate Bento, however it is not in the main viewer or in Firestorm viewer as of yet. Once Bento hits all the viewers, this head will work in all the viewers.
Watch the video on Youtube: https://youtu.be/EwaBCNZ7B08
While I was writing this post I noticed Kaoz has also updated his previously released Camille head with Bento now too. So now you have a choice between two Bento heads. I’ll see if I can do a shape and video for Camille in a couple of days too.
If you are not familiar with Bento, here is some information and links that will explain it in detail:
- What is Bento? – On December 15th, 2015, Linden Lab announced a new project called Bento. Basically what they are doing is adding additional bones to the Second Life avatar skeleton to support both rigging and animation.
- Weekly Meetings – Linden Lab has been having weekly meetings about Bento, which everyone is invited to. They announce them on the Bento User Group wikipage every week.
- Second Life Bento Release Candidate Viewer – You need to download the Second Life Bento Release Candidate Viewer in order to use or see any items rigged to the Bento Skeleton.
- My Project Bento tag on my blog – Keep an eye on my Project Bento tag on my blog for all posts I make about Bento.
- My Project Bento YouTube PlayLists – Keep an eye on my Project Bento YouTube Playlist for all videos I make about Bento.
Head down to the Akeruka mainstore now to pick up free demos for Lola or Camille and see which one suits you better!
UPDATE: I’ve had a few requests so I have decided to put this shape I’ve made up for sale, available at the following link:
StrawberrySingh.com Lola Shape on marketplace
I will make sure to sell any shape I make for a Bento head in the future as well. Just keep an eye on my marketplace store.
Shape: StrawberrySingh.com Lola Shape by Strawberry Singh
*Mesh Body: Maitreya Mesh Body – Lara V3.5 by Onyx LeShelle
*Mesh Head: [AK] BENTO Lola Mesh Head Preview! by KaoZ Koba
*Eyes: IKON Charm Eyes – Ice by Ikon Innovia
*Hair: ::Bold & Beauty:: Hair :: Kelsey. by JourdanMcMillan
*Top: Addams – Gizem Mesh Top by AmaliaRainwood
*Jeans: Blueberry – Tali – Fall Pants by Blueberryxx