Do you guys remember back in February of 2015 I went on a couple of tours with Avatair? Avatair is a private corporate virtual airline specialized in travel and leisure services for Avatars in Second Life. I first went on a tour of an island by plane and boat with them and then they took me on one of their scuba tours. Both of those tours were so enjoyable that I blogged about them and shared images.
Now Avatair has expanded and have 2 sims, one being a resort and the other a commercial area with two stores, and a lot of activities like, air balloon flights, golf course, exotic restaurant, surfing, skydiving, outdoor spa, etc… They invited me for a hosted dinner at their exotic restaurant along with some other activities. I was there for over two hours and we did quite a bit. I made a video of the whole tour this time so you can see it in live action and can actually see all of the funny things that happen in Second Life due to lag and other glitches. Here are the chain of events listed below and then you can watch the video if you like!
- First when I landed we went on a plane ride out to the resort area. Captain Jose Squeegee hilariously ran into another plane but unfortunately I didn’t get that part on video lol. He also kept calling me Sarah, maybe he was drunk! 😛
- Then we went on a hot air balloon ride. In the middle I lost my hostess and ended up taking the balloon ride by myself. I was sincerely scared for my avatar’s life.
- After the balloon ride they showed me the villa they had reserved for me. It was lovely. You can book your own villas along with tours and activities for yourself and a loved one if you want to go on a little holiday!
- By then I was starving so they took me over to the restaurant. The chef made me vegan ravioli and he also had some serious emoting skills while he made it. Once he was done, the waitress brought my ravioli to me in a tray but somehow lag got the better of her and she fell out the window, WITH my ravioli! Fortunately I got that part in the video. I laughed so hard!
- While I was eating they put on a great show with a lovely musician and belly dancer. It was quite entertaining!
- After dinner we went for a little bike ride and then I got to see the ruins on the sim.
- Finally, I was exhausted so I went back to my villa for a much needed nap.
I also live-plurked this tour while it was happening and shared some images in my plurk at this link. Now you can click over to watch the video if you like.
Watch the video on YouTube: https://youtu.be/2lO1zEFGvFI
It was my first time filming a tour like this so I had no idea what was the best way to do it. I ended up with more than 2 hours of recording so with a little editing and speeding up the video I got it down to less than 12 minutes. Hope it was easy to follow.
Click over to Avatair’s website and book a holiday for you and a loved one today!
A big thank you to Anelly and Jose for a wonderful and enjoyable time. Thank you both so much! <3
What I’m wearing in the video:
Shape: StrawberrySingh.com Zara Shape by Strawberry Singh
*Mesh Body: Maitreya Mesh Body by Onyx LeShelle
*Mesh Head: CATWA HEAD Dyana V4.9 by Catwa Clip
*Skin Applier: Insol Marcela Skin by AlMercury
*Eyes: IKON Charm Eyes – Hazel by Ikon Innovia
*Hair: ::Bold & Beauty:: Hair :: Gigi_V1. by JourdanMcMillan (@ Hair Fair)
*Sunglasses: Rowne.Actress – Sunglass by Fashionboi Lander (Arcade March 2015)
Top: Foxes – Vintage Tied Tees by Tyr Rozenblum (Luxe Box May 2016)
*Jeans: erratic / swift – jeans / by Erratic Rain (@ C88)
*Shoes: #EMPIRE – Peony – Maitreya by Queenshop