Linden Lab’s Project Bento was first announced on December 16th, 2015. Since then, they have had weekly meetings inviting all content creators to come and help them with this new Project. If you are a content creator in Second Life, I feel that you should try your best to make it to these meetings. You have a chance to add your voice and input before this project goes public and you are missing out if you don’t take that opportunity! The Lindens have said that they are planning to move this project to Agni in the second quarter of 2016, so it could happen any day now!
Info about Project Bento:
- For those that are not familiar with Project Bento, Linden Lab has added dozens of new bones to the Second Life Avatar Skeleton, which support both rigging and animation, in order to give us more options to personalize our avatars.
- An introductory video by Draxtor Despres explains Project Bento in detail: https://youtu.be/WEzfh1S5Y6Q
- Weekly meetings for Project Bento are held every Thursday afternoon at 1pm on Aditi and they are open to the public. So the next meeting is tomorrow: Thursday, April 28th at 1pm SLT. I encourage all content creators to attend to give their input and request Linden Lab to release Bento to Agni grid as soon as they can so we can all take advantage of it.
- Nalates Urriah uploaded a video of the meeting from the 21st on YouTube and she also has a Bento tag on her blog so you can follow all of her posts regarding the progress on Project Bento since she attends all the meetings.
- Inara Pey has also been covering Project Bento news and meetings on her very informative blog, you can follow her Project Bento tag for all the details. She also summarizes what’s going on so far with Bento and adds soundbites from the meetings so makes it very easy to understand.
- The Project Bento Feedback Thread on the Second Life forums is also another great place to get up to speed on what’s going on with Bento as well as join the conversation.
- I’ve also created a Project Bento tag on my blog so any time I post about it, you’ll see it listed there.
- Lab Chat #3 has been announced and one of the topics will be Project Bento! The 1-hour event will once again take place at the Linden Endowment for the Arts Theatre, on Friday, May 6th, starting at 10:30 SLT with guests Ebbe Linden, Oz Linden and Troy Linden. You have until April 29th to submit your questions to the Official Lab Chat forum.
I hope this post encourages you to attend the meetings and Lab chat and have your voice heard, especially if you create content in Second Life! Please make sure to share this post and encourage other content creators to attend these meetings as well. Don’t miss your chance to provide your input!
Linden Lab Opens Project Sansar Application
While we are on the topic of Linden Lab Projects, if you missed my post from yesterday, the Lab has opened applications for creator preview of Project Sansar. So if you are a content creator in Second Life and interested in checking out Sansar, make sure to fill out an application soon. Good luck if you apply!
*Mesh Body: Slink Physique Mesh Body Hourglass V1.5 by Siddean Munro
*Mesh Head: CATWA HEAD Gwen v4.9 by Catwa Clip
*Skin Applier: Bold & Beauty :: Kylie (Catwa Applier) by JourdanMcMillan
*Hair: TRUTH HAIR Henya by Truth Hawks
*Top: BUENO-Air Shirt-HG-Lines by Mikel Monk (@ Kustom9)
*Jeans: Bueno-Tight Jeans by Mikel Monk (glitches with top in the back)
*Necklace: [MANDALA]TAIGA by Kikunosuke Eel
*Sunglasses: [Z O O M] Aviator Classic-White Gold by Jonas Acanthus
Location: Virtual Decay