Akeruka has released their first female mesh head named Julia. It is currently available at Skin Fair and here are some details about it:
- Price: The head is currently only available at Skin Fair for the special price of L$2499. The DEMO is free.
- Tones & Makeup: The head comes with ten skin tones, hairbases, lipsticks, freckles, beauty marks and more.
- Appliers: You can wear this head with the default SL body or with a mesh body. It comes with skin layers for default body as well as appliers for Altamura, Belleza, Maitreya, Omega, SLink, and TMP.
- Developers Kit: If you are a creator in Second Life and you would like to create skins and appliers for any Akeruka Mesh Heads, you can fill out the application for the Developers Kit.
- Animated: This is a fully animated head, which means you have the option to turn on the many face emotes it comes with as well as blinking and the talk animation. The talk animation is triggered once you start typing in local chat, (you will see the lips moving.)
I am wearing the Maitreya mesh body and Ikon mesh eyes with it. Here is a little video I did showing some of the details:
Watch the video on YouTube: https://youtu.be/WpcbSgIpe6Q
One thing I do want to make a note of because I had some issues with it. Sometimes due to lag, the HUD of the mesh head doesn’t load properly and when you try and click on the skin tones buttons or the different makeup or lipstick buttons, the items do not fully load. In order to reset the scripts in the HUD, you want to go to the skin tones section of the HUD and then find an empty spot on the grey background area beside the skin tones. You want to click and hold your mouse down for about 5 to 10 seconds and then release. That should reset the scripts on the HUD and then you will see that all of your makeup and skin tones will rez completely after a minute. This little trick helped me quite a bit so I hope it helps you out too! I only had to do it that one time and didn’t have that loading issue again.
Another thing I wanted to make a note of, in the video you will notice I am not wearing earrings. That is because the animations to the head are attached to the facial bones so if you are wearing any accessories on different parts of your facial area, the accessories might get triggered by the animations and move around. Since the earrings are so big, they were shifting around a lot so I removed them for the video. I thought I would mention that in case you find that as an issue. Definitely check out the DEMO with any accessories you normally wear before buying.
The past week I have been trying to revamp my YouTube channel a bit, trying to make it a bit more user friendly. I organized my videos into different playlists so they are easier to find. I also made my YouTube subscriptions public and have been subscribing to all YouTube channels I can find that share SL related videos such as tutorials, vlogs, reviews or any random sl videos people like to share. If you are interested in finding more Second Life related content on YouTube, I suggest you check out my subscriptions section. If you have a channel where you share SL content and don’t see it in my list, please leave a link to it in my comments and I’ll make sure to subscribe. Don’t forget to subscribe to my channel as well, I plan to make a lot more videos and do some more live streaming soon. Thank you!
*Mesh Body: Maitreya Mesh Body – Lara V3.5 by Onyx LeShelle
*Mesh Head: [Akeruka] Mesh Head Julia Vers. 1.0 by KaoZ Koba (@ Skin Fair)
*Eyes: IKON Charm Eyes – Brown by Ikon Innovia
Hair: Analog Dog – 42 – dark browns by Queue Marlowe
*Lingerie: erratic / eden – lingerie / nude by Erratic Rain (@ C88)
*Earrings: (Kunglers) Margarita earrings – Pearl by AvaGardner Kungler (@ Shiny Shabby)
*Pose+Prop in 2nd image: Exposeur – Hex Wall by RubyStarlight Writer (@ Pose Fair)