I’ve returned from vacation! I’ve missed you guys. I hope you’ve have been having a great summer!
(style credits for this image at this link: Immortal)
I haven’t logged in to Second Life just yet, and I probably won’t for another few days, but I did want to share a quick post. I was recently featured in the August 2015 issue of Windlight Magazine and I thought I would share the interview with my readers. Windlight Magazine is slightly different than most of the SL fashion magazines I have worked with in the past. Windlight Magazine is a publication about the art and photography world of Second Life. The goal of Windlight Magazine is to support artists, photographers, galleries, and related events.
I think it’s a great way of showcasing the artistic side of Second Life, which doesn’t often get much coverage. That’s why I was very honored when they asked me to be interviewed. As always, I cringed at my responses whilst reading it just now, lol. Always embarrassed to see my responses once they are published. But all in good fun and I’m very happy to be featured. A big thank you to the Windlight Magazine team for the feature!
I know it’s not Friday but I have a few things that I wanted to tell you guys about so here is a weekly roundup!
- Photographer of the week: Moos Hultcrantz – His stream is like a work of art. Beautiful Second Life imagery.
- GEN-Neutral Event – A new and unique event is starting up this September so I wanted to highlight it. “GEN-Neutral is an event designed to serve the purpose of outfitting gender non-conformists with high quality options from some of the best designers on the grid.“
- Flickr Project: SUN IS SHINING AND SO ARE YOU: Lolita Oleander has started a new flickr project. She’s asking people to create images holding signs with lyrics from Sun Is Shining by Axwell /\ Ingrosso. You can pick up the signs from her marketplace for free and then submit your images to her flickr group. She is planning to use all the images in the flickr group for a special project.
- Paradise Lost – The Movie: Paradise Lost is a very elaborate theater production by the Basilique Performing Arts Company. It has now been turned into a full length movie which will be featured on September 19th. To celebrate the premier of the movie, Canary Beck is holding a Paradise Lost Photo Contest with a total of L$ 20,000 in cash prizes. Good luck if you decide to enter!
- The Drax Files: World Makers [Episode 31: Tom Boellstorff]: “Anthropologist Tom Boellstorff sees no difference between doing ethnographic research in Indonesia or among the residents of a digital universe like Second Life.” Probably one of Drax’s best and most powerful episodes of World Makers. This one should definitely be shared with the masses!
- #BerrySpotting: Drax has apparently been spotting me in the real world and has created a hashtag on Twitter about it. That drink looks pretty delicious Drax!
- Second Life: How to Navigate an Online Virtual World (and Maybe Even Make Some Money): Second Life was featured on moviepilot.com and of course a big part of their focus was on sex. What I thought was really lame though is it looks as if they have used images from Second Life bloggers and have not credited or linked to them. I could be wrong though. I really do hope that’s not the case. In any case, at least they used updated images of SL.
- Could the Oculus Rift help give Second Life a second life?: Another article featuring Second Life, this time on qz.com. Drax was quoted in the article.
- Buzzfeed Quiz of the Week: Which 90’s Movie Girl Are You? – This one kind of shocked me but I think as I’m getting older, I am becoming more like Kat. This was one of my fav 90s movies too!
I think I’ve covered everything I’ve missed while on vacation that I wanted to highlight. If you’ve emailed me in the past two weeks, please be patient, I’ll get back to you shortly. I have a bunch of emails I’m still sorting through. Thank you! <3