8 Years of Second Life
It’s Berry’s 8th rezday today and I’m starting to feel quite old. When I first found Second Life, I was in my mid-twenties; quite immature, naive and still discovering myself. After 8 years, I still feel immature and naive and that I have lots more to discover. But I also feel like I have grown. Second Life is mainly my hobby, a creative outlet for me, however the social aspect of it has also taught me a lot about the world. It’s impacted me in my real life in many ways and has helped build the confidence and faith I have in myself. Who knew I would gain so much from a silly little ‘game’ eh?
So I just wanted to say thank you. Thank you for reading my words, for complimenting my pictures, for encouraging me when I’m down and for inspiring me to be better. Thank you for a wonderful 8 years. Here’s to looking at more!
Zaara made me this t-shirt as a rezday present. She knows all about my addiction to chocolate chip cookies. A special thank you to both her and my beloved Mr. Jefferson. Two people that mean so much to me and whom I never would have known if it weren’t for Second Life.
I am not doing a Friday Find this week because I’m busy with school, but here’s a quick weekly roundup!
- Photographer of the week: Loverdag – If you’re looking for stunning imagery of different Second Life locations, you have to follow her stream! It’s delightful and very useful as she puts location SLurls in the description of each image.
- The Drax Files Radio Hour Podcast – show #67: reporting on sl & getting it right! – Drax interviews reporter Cecilia D’anastasio who recently wrote a positive piece about Second Life on Vice.
- Linden Lab announces Project Sansar – On Tuesday the Lindens announced the name of their new upcoming virtual world (commonly referred to as Second Life 2). Linden Lab calls it Project Sansar. I like the name because Sansar in sanskrit means ‘world.‘ I also asked them if they had an application process for early access and they said they will have in the future.
- AvatarBook.org – I found this new social network for Second Lifers recently so I thought I’d share it. I guess it’s supposed to be like Facebook in ways. Are you on it? This is my profile on Avatarbook.
- Join Hands fundraiser for Nepal – Ruby Ornamental and Valsnia Resident are running an event to help raise funds for those in need in Nepal after the 7.8 magnitude earthquake on 25th April. For more information about how you can help or participate, contact Ruby or Valsnia. The event starts on May 13th, you can watch the Join Hands flickr group for updates.
- Buzzfeed Quiz of the Week: What Is Your Social Media Identity? – Out of context, the collector sounds kind of morbid.
Anyone else notice Buzzfeed’s typos are becoming worse than mine?
Credits for the second picture:
*Skin: Glam Affair
*Hair: Tableau Vivant
*Tattoo: Letis Tattoo
*Mesh Ears: MANDALA
Shirt: Rezday Present, not for sale.
(Similar shirts in my marketplace store)
30 thoughts on “8 Years of Second Life”
Congratulations on your Rezzday ….. I wish you many more to come 🙂
Happy Rez Day Berry, hope it’s a great day for you.
But you know, that feeling of immaturity and naivete? I don’t they it ever goes away, no matter how old you get, not for thinking people.
You just learn to enjoy it.
Thank you, Berry! your pages are always fresh and make me look for what is going on in places Ive never been. Happy years and blog miles to you!
Happy rezzday dear Berry. All my best wishes and that sweet cake for u 🙂
and funny song 😀 Hugs
Eight is quite the accomplishment! I’m only on 6 myself. Happy rezz day and here’s to many more!
Congrats to the mighty Strawberry, yay!!!!!! Happy Rezz day!!!
Happy Rezzday Berry. Thank you for introducing us to so many interesting things in SL 🙂
Congrats and happy rezzday Berry <3
Here is wishing you a very happy 8th rezzday Berry! Thank you for being such a positive voice in our virtual community. It is always a pleasure to read your blog and be inspired by it. ♥
Happy rezday, O Berried One! Hey, you’re now older than me for the next month and a bit :p
Happy rezzday Berry! Another great post!
Congratulations on 8! It is wonderful that you have all of the records you do have of your life through SL, with all the photos and blogs. In about 20 days I’ll hit 6 (and an anniversary with my SL partner). I so understand what you are saying about how you came in naive and with self-discovery and that 8 years later that is still true despite the growth. I hope that is always true for you.
Happy 8th Rez Day Berry, thank you for sharing and caring to teach us so much!
WOW a big milestone, eight years and many different looks but really the same Berry shinning through, who we love to hear from. Congratulations, way to go!
Happy Rez Day!
Happy RezDay Strawberry!!!
I hope your day is blessed with all things beautiful today <3
Happy Rezz Day Berry! You are a wonderful role model! You really bring out the charm and beauty of all things Second Life. I am so honored to know you.
Happy Rez Day to an amazing person who never ceases to amaze!
Happiest of rez days to you, Miss Berry! Have enjoyed your blog for a long while and look forward to many more of your rez days to come. And that’s a great compilation photo – you were looking fierce and fly way back in the day! 🙂
A belated happy rezday, gorgeous!
Happy Rez Day Berry! WOW, 8 Years!
And thanks again for the great photoshoot. Hope to see you again soon. Hugs
Happy belated rezday. 8 is like nothing 🙂
Pingback: The Weekly Peek: May 11th Edition | Happily, Ever Afterr
Gratz Berry! It’s hard to believe people play as long as we do, but we do.
Thank you all so much. You guys are always so encouraging and sweet to me, I really appreciate it. <3
What a great collage. I definitely remember 2011. Great hair!
Wishing you many more happy and productive years.
Pingback: Just Realized… | Being Yordie Sands
Pingback: Happy Ending | A Cozey Second Life
A very belated birthday to you! I’m so happy that you were able to find security and self-confidence though Second Life. After all, it is a social setting and you meet great people along the way. Maybe you can find a way to visit the virtual versions of these great museums. http://www.mywebroom.com/blog/most-unusual-history-science-museums/
Pingback: Second Life Rezday Yearbook Challenge 2016! - StrawberrySingh.com