It’s Berry’s 8th rezday today and I’m starting to feel quite old. When I first found Second Life, I was in my mid-twenties; quite immature, naive and still discovering myself. After 8 years, I still feel immature and naive and that I have lots more to discover. But I also feel like I have grown. Second Life is mainly my hobby, a creative outlet for me, however the social aspect of it has also taught me a lot about the world. It’s impacted me in my real life in many ways and has helped build the confidence and faith I have in myself. Who knew I would gain so much from a silly little ‘game’ eh?
So I just wanted to say thank you. Thank you for reading my words, for complimenting my pictures, for encouraging me when I’m down and for inspiring me to be better. Thank you for a wonderful 8 years. Here’s to looking at more!
Zaara made me this t-shirt as a rezday present. She knows all about my addiction to chocolate chip cookies. A special thank you to both her and my beloved Mr. Jefferson. Two people that mean so much to me and whom I never would have known if it weren’t for Second Life.
- Photographer of the week: Loverdag – If you’re looking for stunning imagery of different Second Life locations, you have to follow her stream! It’s delightful and very useful as she puts location SLurls in the description of each image.
- The Drax Files Radio Hour Podcast – show #67: reporting on sl & getting it right! – Drax interviews reporter Cecilia D’anastasio who recently wrote a positive piece about Second Life on Vice.
- Linden Lab announces Project Sansar – On Tuesday the Lindens announced the name of their new upcoming virtual world (commonly referred to as Second Life 2). Linden Lab calls it Project Sansar. I like the name because Sansar in sanskrit means ‘world.‘ I also asked them if they had an application process for early access and they said they will have in the future.
- AvatarBook.org – I found this new social network for Second Lifers recently so I thought I’d share it. I guess it’s supposed to be like Facebook in ways. Are you on it? This is my profile on Avatarbook.
- Join Hands fundraiser for Nepal – Ruby Ornamental and Valsnia Resident are running an event to help raise funds for those in need in Nepal after the 7.8 magnitude earthquake on 25th April. For more information about how you can help or participate, contact Ruby or Valsnia. The event starts on May 13th, you can watch the Join Hands flickr group for updates.
- Buzzfeed Quiz of the Week: What Is Your Social Media Identity? – Out of context, the collector sounds kind of morbid.
Anyone else notice Buzzfeed’s typos are becoming worse than mine?
Credits for the second picture:
*Skin: Glam Affair
*Hair: Tableau Vivant
*Tattoo: Letis Tattoo
*Mesh Ears: MANDALA
Shirt: Rezday Present, not for sale.
(Similar shirts in my marketplace store)