Rowne is introducing a new beauty line, aptly named ‘Rowne Mode,’ on Saturday, May 9th. They are launching it with the Jem Jirickova mesh head. If you are in the Rowne VIP group (membership fee is L$350) they will be sending a DEMO of the head the night before the release so you can try it out and see how you like it.
A few things to note about Rowne Mode mesh heads:
– They are NOT applier base
– They are rigged mesh therefore NOT re-sizable
– They allow for limited adjustment via head size shape slider
– They will work with the SL Default Body
– They are compatible with Maitreya Mesh Body (Lara)
– They are made to match with Vive Nine Fiore 2015 skins
Since I had never owned any Vive Nine skins before, I went to the mainstore and right in the middle of the skin area they had a board of appliers so I purchased the Maitreya Mesh Body appliers for only L$200 and it came with all of the skin tones. The Jem Jirickova Mesh Head will be available in tones SPF 20 & 25. I am wearing 25 and the applier for the maitreya body matched perfectly as you can see from the raw shots in the second image.
The heads will come with an alpha and two HUDs.
The Modifications Hud includes:
– Blink/No Blink option
– Ears On/Off option
– Neck blend option
– Neck sizing
The Beauty Book HUD includes 5 sections: Features, Makeup, Lashes, Hair/Brows, Emotes
Each of these sections includes:
– 14 Lipsticks, 7 Blushes, 12 Eyeshadows and 3 Eyeliners
– 11 Eye Colors
– 6 Eye Lashes
– 11 Eye Colors
– 6 Eye Lashes
– 6 Emotes
– Eyelid Options
– Beauty Marks
– Hairbases to coordinate with Rowne Hair
Although I do like the mesh head itself, there are a few things that I didn’t like about it and feel these things can be improved. Here are my thoughts:
- The Eyes: The eyes that come with the head are very nice, but there is no way to position them in different ways. They just look dead straight so they don’t have a lot of life to them. Luckily there is a way to hide them in the HUD and use your own eyes if you prefer that.
- The Lashes: I couldn’t get the lashes to line up properly with the eyes, because with the HUD you can only adjust all of them at once, not individually. However, I was able to hide the eyelashes and wear my own preferred ones.
- Appliers: They are NOT applier base therefore you can only have that one look with each head. There is no way to wear different skins with it.
This will be the first head they release, I am definitely looking forward to seeing more of their heads in the future and seeing further updates to them. The head itself is extremely well done and the HUDs are very professional. I probably won’t be wearing this head as much, but I do find it very pretty and the features quite different than most of the doll-like heads out in the market currently. So if you are looking for something a bit different, you may want to pick up a DEMO of this head on Saturday and give it a try.
Here are some links for Rowne:
– Rowne Mainstore SLurl
– Rowne Website
– Rowne on Facebook
– Rowne Flickr Group
– Rowne VIP Group
– If you have any questions about the mesh heads, you can contact Justice Topaz.
*Mesh Body: Maitreya Mesh Body – Lara V3.3 by Onyx LeShelle
*Mesh Head: Rowne Mode.Jem Mesh head – SPF25 by Fashionboi Landar
*Eyes: IKON Charm Eyes – Hazel by Ikon Innovia
Eyelashes: Mon Cheri “Falsies” Eyelash by Freya Olivieri
Hair: [LeLutka]-SALOME hair – Bournville by Thora Charron
*Top: Rowne.Anka Silk Blouse – Onyx.S by Fashionboi Landar
*Earrings: MG – Earrings – Cleopatra Teardrop by Maxi Gossamer (@ Black Fair)