Friday Find: Winter Wonderland
Linden Lab announced the opening of Winter Wonderland last week. It’s basically four regions of icy snow and has a bunch of activities available there as well, such as a Ferris Wheel, Winter Snow Track, Ice Skate Arena and of course the Snowball Arena.
When you land there, you’ll get some sort of invite from Patch Linden requesting to control your avatar. I am not 100% sure what it does, but I am assuming it lets you use the play areas. If you don’t accept, it’ll keep asking you so I just accepted. Then I went to the snowball arena and clicked on the glass case with the snow launchers on it. It automatically attached the snow launcher to me and I got a HUD at the top of my screen to choose which one I want, the SnowPistol or the SnowRifle. I preferred the SnowPistol because when you shoot someone with it, you get these massive snowballs and it totally knocks them over and they go flying. Of course if you are a premium member (which I am not) you get a SnowZooka which is even cooler!
Of course I had to drag a friend there to test this out and luckily Mr. Mikel Monk is a perfect target! We were shooting each other so much that I almost fell down the stairs lol. I was laughing so hard.
Today, Friday February 6th at 10am SLT Linden Lab has invited all of the residents to come join the fun and have a snowball fight with them. The event will run till noon SLT. I am sure it’s going to be quite laggy but I bet it’ll be hilarious seeing all of the avatars flying around from the snowballs. I am definitely going to try and be there.
While I was writing this post, I was standing there and the lovely Ziki Questi showed up with her fancy premium membership SnowZooka and totally trapped me, I’m so screwed! LOL
But even if you can’t make it to the Linden Lab meetup, it’s still a fun place to go with your friends and have a snowball fight or go ice skating.
- Photographer of the Week: Ziki Questi – Although she totally destroyed me with the SnowZooka today (I plan to get my revenge soon :P), it reminded me how much I love her pictures. She is one of my most favorite Second Life travel bloggers and I am just amazed at the way she makes sims look like little villages.
- Strawberry Singh: Interview by Autumnmarsh Resident – I was interviewed by the lovely Autumnmarsh Resident who has been interviewing/reviewing different photographers in Second Life. Thank you Autumn! <3
- 6th Annual Oscar Fashion Photo Contest – Harper Ganesvoort is holding her annual Oscar Fashion Photo Contest once again. It ends February 22nd in case you would like to enter! It’s always great fun.
- Second Life Mainstore Releases – Just noticed today there is a new flickr group that has started for those that are tired of all the events going on and would like to find stores that are releasing items at their mainstores. The group looks like it is run by the lovely Ms. Zee. Now content creators can join and add their vendor images for items released at their stores! Thank you Zee. <3
- The Drax Files: World Makers [Episode 26: Absinthe] – I really loved this episode that Drax released last week. Absi is just so cool and it’s great to show the world all different aspects of Second Life residents. I love that it shows her exercising and volunteering. Absi is just wonderful!
- Buzzfeed Quiz of the Week: What Kind Of Chocolate Should You Cram In Your Face On Valentine’s Day? – Well of course I had to do the chocolate quiz but the real question is, is it cannibalism for me to eat chocolate strawberries?
There are people already here throwing snowballs, hope you can make it and have a great weekend! <3