Friday Find: It all starts with a smile
This week I’m covering a sim that I have blogged before, however I wanted to highlight it again this week because there is a contest going on and you know I can never resist a good contest.
The sim is owned by Kaelyn Alecto who has done an incredible job of putting it all together. I am planning to go back and take more pictures for the contest, for today I will go with this one.
- The Drax Files Radio Hour – I didn’t do weekly roundup last week so didn’t get a chance to mention last week’s episode of drax files as well. Finally listened to them both today and they are, as always, very informative. Last week they spoke about oculus rift in detail. This week Ben Lang gives insight into virtual reality and immersion. It was interesting to hear his thoughts on it and how he sees Second Life in that regard. Jo also mentioned her new flickr group, “Second Life is looking good” where she encourages people to share new and updated images of SL. Drax also has his #SLLooksGoodToday twitter hashtag going strong. I hope you guys can contribute to both of these and get some updated images of Second Life out there.
- 21 Shoe Event – Today is March 21st so that means the 21 shoe event is going on, it happens on the 21st of every month. I went and picked up some nice shoes today, thought you might like to as well. You can see all of the ones that are available this month on their blog.
- Holidays this March: Yesterday was Nowruz, Spring Equinox & International day of Happiness. Also, this week was American Chocolate week. Now next week is my spring break! 😀 March is just full of happy and exciting holidays. We have family friends that celebrate Nowruz so we always celebrate with them. I hope whatever you are celebrating, it brings you all joy and don’t forget to eat lots of chocolate! I might be travelling a bit next week so I’ll let you know if I won’t be around/blogging as much.
- Queen the Movie – This bollywood movie was released in theaters in India on March 7th and I have been dying to get my hands on it. Can’t wait to see it available in my area soon. It stars Kangana Ranaut whom I just adore. I first fell in love with her in the movie Fashion when she played a drug-addicted supermodel. In Queen she is left at the alter and decides to go on her honeymoon by herself. As she travels the world and meets new people, she gains new experiences and discovers her own identity. I’ve been listening to the songs of this movie for weeks now, this one is one of my favs.
- Top 10 Second Life Men’s Fashion Brands – Recently I saw this article that listed the top 10 men’s fashion brands. That got me thinking, what do you think the Top 10 Men’s Fashion Brands are in Second Life? Most of my shopping for ManBerry consists of things I find at The Mens Dept, Fatewear, DECO and a few other stores. So this is for clothing, which do you think are the top brands for men these days? I know this will depend on people’s taste as well, but it would be great to see which ones people suggest. Then perhaps poor ManBerry could add more to his wardrobe.
What ManBerry is wearing:
Skin: Clef de Peau::Samuel:T3 Bare by Marcopol Oh (flickr)
Hair: [INK] Hair___JIJI ::Brown by Nontroppo Torii (blog)
Hairbase: …:::DURA:::… Hairbase – Brown by Naotsune Enzo
*Piercings: .Pekka. Hopeless Unisex Piercing – M – Nose – SILVER by Kathya Szczepanski (@ Mens Dept March)
*Jacket & Top: FATEwear Jacket – Denny by Damien Fate (blog)
*Pants: FATEplay – Morris Pants – Dark by Damien Fate
*Shoes: FLite.-Clearports Black Viper by liamcole (@ Mens Dept March)
Bag: AITUI – Sk8 Bag by Jesseaitui Petion (flickr)
Mesh Hands: Slink Male Hands (AvEnhance) – Relax by Siddean Munro
What Berry is wearing:
*Skin: [theSkinnery] Quiana – Bare face(toffee) DB+H CL1 by Umazuma Metaluna (@ Skin Fair) (flickr)
*Hair: TRUTH HAIR Maiko [Brown 2 Fade Light] by Truth Hawks (@ Arcade March)
*Headband: Noodles – Donut Headband Blue/Purple by Natalee Oodles (flickr)
*Top: coldLogic shirt – hawke.blue (S w/ undershirt) by coldLogic (Blog)
*Pants: coldLogic pants – jay.classic (S) by coldLogic (Blog)
*Shoes: 20.FIVE Mesh: Converse Dark by beanster Potato
*Backpack: MIAMAI_TCS_Backpack_Bear Blue by Monica Outlander
*Mesh Hands: Slink Avatar Enhancement Hands – Casual – Small by Siddean Munro