Friday Find – MinglePlease excuse the horrible color banding in this photo, it’s a raw shot and since my flight leaves in a few hours, I don’t have time to photoshop.
I’m covering another event for Friday Finds this week because I felt that it’s really a fun experience for all and there is a lot to explore here. It’s a pretty unique event as it forces people to socialize to complete the tasks together with a friend or loved one (or in my case, a complete stranger). Oh yes, I went through this tunnel of love with a lovely young lady that I didn’t even know, lol. I was standing at the event taking pictures and she immed me, said she read my blog and was wondering if I would go through the tunnel with her. So I did.
Mingle is brought to you by Holiday Appreciation Association which were the creators of HavenHollow. The event runs from February 1st till 28th. You can TP to the starting point, pick up the HUD, attach it and complete all the tasks to receive a bunch of amazing prizes. In order to complete the HUD, you need someone to do it with. I didn’t get the chance to complete the whole hunt, ran out of time, but I did do a few of the tasks and they were very interactive and fun. I highly encourage everyone to do this. If you don’t have someone to do the hunt with, you can bid on a date at the date auction there. Lots of people are up for auction. You can take this SLurl to go directly to the auction boards.
Here are some important links for Mingle:
> Starting Point SLurl
> Date Auction SLurl
> Holiday Appreciation Association on Plurk
> Holiday Appreciation Association Events Flickr Group
- Linden Lab announced a new CEO – His name is Ebbe Altberg and he has been busy responding to all the SLers on Twitter. Reading his tweets I found out that he starts on Monday and when I asked him if he will do a meet & greet with SL residents, he agreed to it. Inara Pey has done an informative post if you’d like to learn more about him.
- The Drax Files Radio Hour show #5 – Mr. Altberg goes to Linden Lab – This show focuses a lot on the new CEO and Drax had asked people to call in and leave a welcome message for Mr. Altberg, so I did just that. However my recording is not the best but I hope the CEO hears it anyways and also hope we get to hear him on the Drax Show in the near future.
- One Billion Rising in Second Life – Just as last year, OBR will come to SL once again with a twenty-four hour one day event on February 14th. I won’t be around then so I’m sharing this now in hopes that y’all can participate to raise awareness. Read my One Billion Rising post from last year to see my thoughts on it. Last year I didn’t attend the event inworld because I was actually at an OBR event in RL. It was a very powerful thing to see so many people united. I also met my boyfriend that day at the event, so it was an especially meaningful day for me. I hope this year you get the chance to participate, either in SL or in RL.
- The =Audio to Visual= challenge – Second Life Photography Contest – This is such a unique and interesting contest that I just had to share. Click over and read all the details. I might take a stab at it after I return from vacation.
- Please vote for chocolate in this plurk for me – If you’re on plurk, please click over and just say chocolate in that plurk for me. It’s really important. I HAVE TO WIN! Thank you. <3
- Also, last but not least: (This game will be the end of me, I know it.)
Pretty sure #FlappyBird is ruining my life.
— Strawberry Singh (@strawberrysingh) February 5, 2014
UPDATE: Just had to add that apparently my ex-fake-husband has started his own blog and I want everyone to know that I deny everything he says about me in this post! 😛
Now I am off to finish last minute packing and running to the airport. I will miss you guys! See you after the 18th and have a wonderful Valentine’s Day! <3