I got an email from Flickr the other day that my Flickr Pro expires next month. I didn’t even realize I still had it. I thought it expired back in October for some reason, because that’s when I used to pay it every year. Somehow it was extended to February. Anyhow, I’m wondering if I should keep it. I did some investigating and I believe these are the only benefits I could find about Flickr Pro at the moment:
- No Ads – Ads don’t really bother me so much so I am not sure if this is something that will really affect me. Do you see the ads on flickr? Are they really huge and do they get in the way of the photo viewing experience?
- Detailed statistics – I have heard with a free account you don’t get any statistics at all. Not that I actually even look at my flickr stats that often, but I’d like to think that if I ever did want to know, they would be there. Do you get any kind of statistics with your free account?
- Unlimited Storage – Pro users have unlimited storage and free accounts have 1TB which is 1024GB which is an insane amount. I’ve been on flickr since July of 2007, uploaded 3122 pictures and have only used 0.0028TB so far. I can’t really see myself going over that for a very long time.
- Pro accounts no longer available – Since Pro accounts are no longer available, only to people who already had a pro account before May 30, 2013, I feel like if I give it up now, I may regret not being able to have it later.
- It’s only $25 – Why am I even thinking about it for such a small amount? I can just renew and get it over with but I guess it’s the principle. If the free accounts are getting almost the same, what’s the point of holding on to it? And in the future, if I do want to switch back to a paid account, the paid accounts are now $50 or $500.
All so confusing to me. The other features such as replacing images and such are all available to free members as well. So I know it seems like a simple answer, I should just get rid of it, but I’m still not 100% sure. So I wanted to know, do you still have a Flickr Pro account? Why or why didn’t you get rid of it?
I decided to break out one of my favorite skins from last year, Glance Anais. When I put this dress on from House of Fox, I knew I needed a rich and gorgeous skin. I really feel like that in this one. The dress is beautiful and currently available at Collabor88. At first I wasn’t sure how the pointy shoulder would look on me, but when I tried it on, I felt so sophisticated and glamorous. Head down to Collabor88 and try on a demo.
Skin: Glance Skins – Anais – December – Brown Brows – Small Cleavage by Ava Grau
*Eyes: IKON Promise Eyes – Hazel by Ikon Innovia (@ FaMESHed)
Eyelashes: *MC* “Falsies” by Freya Olivieri
Hair: [LeLutka]-NEU hair (S) – Bournville by Thora Charron
*Dress: Color.Me.H.O.F Mesh [Victoria Dress[Bronze]_S by Fashionboi Landar (@ Collabor88)
*Bracelet: [MANDALA] UTAMARO bracelet/female/COFFEE Brown Gold Metal by kikunosuke Eel
*Earrings: [MANDALA] DNA _Gold by kikunosuke Eel
*Ring: MG – Ring – Royal Khadijah Estate – Small – GOLD by Maxi Gossamer (@ FaMESHed)
*Mesh Hands: Slink Avatar Enhancement Hands – Elegant1 by Siddean Munro
*Nail Appliers: A:S:S – SLINK avatar enhancement system nails – The Deep by Photos Nikolaidis
*Pose: Di’s Opera by Di Hoorenbeek