New Year Meme
2013 is over and we are now almost a week into 2014. I figured it was the perfect time to start up my Monday memes again. It was nice to take a break and relax a bit in the month of December, but I did miss reading all your posts. My favorite memes are actually the question and answer ones because the purpose of starting up the memes was to get people to write on their blogs more often. It was great reading all your answers to the questions throughout the year and getting to know you guys a bit more.
So this week is a New Year meme. I swiped some of these questions off a real life blog. Hope you guys can participate.
Meme Instructions: Copy and paste the following question and answers, delete my answers and input your own. Don’t forget to leave a link to your post in the comments.
- How did you spend New Year’s Eve? I spent it in Key West. It was a really fun and meaningful night for me.
- Did you keep any new years’ resolutions? I have some years, but not this year. In fact, I think I will do something similar to what I wrote in last year’s new years post: “I didn’t make any new years resolutions this year. I’m just going to take care of me and feel better about myself.” And I did end up doing that. I took care of myself and had a wonderfully fulfilling 2013, both personally and professionally.
- What was your biggest achievement(s) of the year? In real life, during the summer I passed a major exam and got a promotion. That was probably one of the biggest achievements for me professionally last year and one that really helped boost my confidence. In SL, I don’t really see the things I do here as achievements as SL is more of a hobby for me, but I am pretty happy about starting the Monday memes and getting to know a community of bloggers that I didn’t really know existed before. I only knew of the fashion bloggers mostly, so it was refreshing to see and interact with Second Life bloggers that actually wrote and focused more on things other than just fashion. I feel it has improved my writing as well and I truly enjoy writing long, rambling posts now.
- What was the best thing you bought? I know this may be a lame choice to you guys but the best thing that I bought in real life this year that really helped me emotionally was this scar removal treatment. I was in a major accident in 2012 and was left with scars and burns from the airbag all over my face and arms. Several months later and after trying a lot of different creams, I still had a few scars that reminded me of that day over and over whenever I looked at myself in the mirror. Finally, this one worked really well. So it’s something that I’m really happy about trying. In SL, there are so many things that I loved and enjoyed, but I think my favorite purchase was the Mon Cheri Falsies. I rarely take them off.
- What do you wish you’d done more of? I actually wish I had done more traveling. I really want to go to Vancouver and California again this year so hopefully I’ll fix that.
- What do you wish you’d done less of? In RL, not much because it was a great year of growing for me emotionally and I stayed focused on the important things in my life. As for SL, I think my biggest concern and obstacle that I actually have finally overcome this past year is being concerned about what other people feel or think about the way I do things on my blog, how I behave on social networks, or the work I have done for Linden Lab. I had to remind myself not to take every little comment so personally, because a lot of times when people use harsh words or opinions against others, it’s not always to do with that person or topic in particular, but more about what they are feeling about themselves at that time. I’ve finally learned to completely ignore what people think or say about me and just focus on what I enjoy doing and grow from there. But I really do wish that I didn’t waste time being concerned about that so often.
- What was your favorite movie you watched this year? It’s hard to pick just one. I did enjoy Gravity quite a bit this year but what I really enjoyed more were a couple of bollywood films. I think if you get an opportunity to watch either of them with English subtitles, you should. They were such good movies: English Vinglish and The Lunchbox.
- What did you do on your birthday this year? I went to New York/New Jersey area, was great fun.
- Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned. I’m a lot stronger, smarter and independent than I thought I was. I just need to trust my instinct and gut more often.
- What does 2014 hold for you? No idea but I am hoping a lot more fulfilling work, adventure, love and definitely more chocolate.
Please remember that you can participate in any of the memes/challenges at any time. You’ll find them all under my Blog Challenges category along with other memes and challenges I’ve done over the years.
Wishing you all lots of love, success and happiness for 2014. <3
What ManBerry is wearing:
*Skin: ~Tableau Vivant~ Damon II by M4ri1yn Magic (@ The Mens Dept for January)
Turtleneck: Fashionz! Classic Cashmere Turtleneck – Gray by Fashion
*Coat: [Sheep Door] Pea coat Brown male(M) by meito Karu (@ The Mens Dept for January)
*Hat: =Zenith= Leather trapper hat (Chocolate) by Miffyhoi Rosca (@ The Mens Dept for January)
*Jeans: FATEwear Jeans – Skinny Billy – Void (Large)(M) by Damien Fate
*Shoes: FLite.-Flytop Lows Stealth by liamcole (@ The Mens Dept for January)
*Briefcase: oyasumi / briefcase black/brown by Kenzo Gateaux (@ The Mens Dept for January)
Mesh Hands: Slink Male Hands (AvEnhance) M – Relax by Siddean Munro *Cig: [NikotiN] Cuba_ Premium (v.4.0) By Raph DIRVAL (@ The Mens Dept for January)
What Strawberry Singh is wearing:
*Skin: –Glam Affair – Mokatana skin – America 01 F by Aida Ewing
*Hair: POLLEN HAIR – Faith – Brunettes
*Turtleneck: Tee*fy Turtle Neck Basic Sweater Creme XXS by Azure Electricteeth
*Cardigan: Maitreya Wool Cardigan * Beige S+ by Onyx LeShelle
*Leggings: DRIFT Leggings [MESH] XXS-Solid Knit Set w/HUD by Kallisto Destiny
*Boots: Maitreya Stagioni Xtd Suede * XS-S Chestnut by Onyx LeShelle
*Jewelry: MG – Royal Khadijah Estate set by Maxi Gossamer (@ FaMESHed)
*Mesh Hands: Slink Avatar Enhancement Hands – Relaxed – Small by Siddean Munro
*Pose: Exposeur – Stuck on you by RubyStarlight Writer
27 thoughts on “New Year Meme”
Shhhhhhhh do not wake memecat:
Pingback: New Year Meme | Virtual Bloke
Pingback: 2014 New Year Meme | slchatter
welcome back to your meme fandom!
So happy to see the memes return, yay, and happy new year! 🙂
YAY NEW MEMES!!!! *jumps on the band wagon* http://rudhsrandomramblings.blogspot.nl/2014/01/berrys-memes-are-back-for-new-year-yay.html
Pingback: New Year Meme | Second Life Fashion Addict | Sc...
Pingback: New Year Meme | ElizaQuixote.com
A fun and reflective start to 2014! Thanks for this.
Good Morning Strawberry and happy new year, my new post form Meme:
Happy New Year! I decided to have a go at this meme, and hopefully it will kick-start my blog for this year!!
Nice that I am starting your memes again after your meme break. 🙂
Pingback: Strawberry’s New Year Meme - Shaedynlee
YAY!!! The meme is back!! Great way to start the new year. Let’s have the best year ever.
My 1st “posted” meme 🙂
Late to the party.
Another corker! Thanks Berrylips! xxxx
Pingback: Bloggers Challenge – New Year Meme | SIM-poly Metaversal
Happy New Years! http://simpolymetaversal.wordpress.com/2014/01/10/bloggers-challenge-new-year-meme/
Pingback: New Year Meme | Zee
I have missed doing your memes! Mine’s here –> http://wp.me/p3Fa2M-yc
1) An overdue congrats on your promotions!
2) Don’t worry, unless the resolution is ‘to eat more chocolates’, everything else is overrated. XD
3) Hugs you on #6.
Pingback: Happy New (Well, Slightly Used) Year! | sltimewellwasted
Pingback: New Year Meme | Sama's Second Thoughts
It was great to read all your posts again. Thanks so much for taking the time to participate. Hope you guys have a wonderful 2014! <3
I have the next meme up now:
Happy New Year ( late I know !!! )
Kinda late but it happens! http://wp.me/pPHro-wN