Meet my InWorldz Avatar, Strawberry Singh.
InWorldz is a Virtual World based off OpenSim software. Therefore it looks a lot like Second Life, just a bit of an older version of it. However, InWorldz is slowly starting to get mesh and it also has the mesh deformer.
The reason I’m blogging InWorldz today is because Tyr Rozenblum along with 29 other Second Life content creators have recently purchased 2 sims in InWorldz and are about to open up a shopping district called “The Knitting Circle” within the next few weeks. So they are planning to create content for both Second Life and InWorldz. I saw all of them talking about it on plurk and couldn’t resist logging in to InWorldz myself to see what they were up to.
To my surprise, when I tried creating a new account, it told me that I had already created a Strawberry Singh account back in 2011. Somehow I didn’t recall doing this but in any case, luckily I got my name reserved there. I logged in a few nights ago and have been exploring the grid since then so I thought I would share some of my findings and tell you all about The Knitting Circle.
Information about InWorldz
- Inworldz.com: is the website.
- InWorldz FAQ Make sure to read for a better understanding of what this virtual world is and how you can purchase land. Uploads are free & sims are $75USD with 45K prims.
- InWorldz TOS: Lists the core team that runs InWorldz, along with the owners. Also pretty decent Intellectual Property terms.
- Download the latest Mesh Beta Viewer for InWorldz: This is the only viewer for this grid that lets you see mesh so you need this one.
- Link your SL Avatar to your InWorldz Avatar through Inbiz and transfer your lindens over: Full instructions on how to do that are listed on that page. I have been told that it may be against SL TOS if you use it, but I am not sure. I have already transferred lindens to my InWorldz Avatar from my SL Avatar so I can go shopping, etc…
Current Shopping – Places of Interest
- InWorldz Welcome Center and Freebies Center: A tutorial & free male & female AOs. (Also pick up the Explore HUD, it will help you discover more places to shop)
- InWorldz Freebie Finders: Owned by SL resident 1angelcares Writer. She also has an InWorldz Group.
- Mimi’s Choice Shopping District: Redgrave, Vista Animations, Mimi’s Choice & Alafolie (Mimi’s Choice Update Group)
- Glam Fashion District: Over 20 stores, some carrying nice mesh items and more coming in soon. (Glam Update Group)
- Abranimations: Animations and dances. (Abranimations Update Group)
- Earthstones: Jewelry and eyes (Earthstones Update Group)
- Evie’s Closet: Formal, Fairy & Fantasy (Evie’s Update Group)
- Damselfly Hair Salon: Very nice mesh hair (Damselfly Update Group)
- EMO-tions: some mesh hair as well (EMO-tions Update Group)
- Stellar by Lexi Morgan: men & womens clothing, womens hair, shoes and more.. (Stellar Update Group)
Hopefully this will give you a good start in InWorldz and then in just a few weeks, The Knitting Circle will open its doors.
List of 30 content creators in The Knitting Circle
- Tyr Rozenblum & Ivy Graves (Auxiliary)
- Sash Arabello & Inka Mexicola (Essences)
- Chandra Masala (Bilo)
- Natalee Oodles (Noodles)
- Cyclic Gearz (LVLE)
- Nimil Blackflag (Songbird)
- SySy Chapman (SySy’s)
- Betty Doyle (Ingenue)
- Koneko Mai (Mad Echo)
- Dani Helix (Birdy)
- Milan Mode (Milan Mode)
- Sparkle Skye (Sparkle Skye Designs)
- Anemysk Karu (ANE)
- Aime Takaaki (MishMish)
- Rayvn Hynes (MudHoney)
- Meg Charming (Heirloom Poses)
- Faeydra Aluveaux (PhotoTonic Poses)
- Distorted Dreams (Distorted Dreams)
- Iris Maskelyne (DIGS – Furniture & Prefabs)
- Cracked Mirror (Cracked Mirror)
- Darling Monday (Fri.day)
- Arora Zanzibar (Zanzibar creationZ)
- Journey Barzane (Gallery Barzane)
- Colleen Desmoulins (The Loft)
- Gidge Uriza (pretense)
- Aranel Ah (BOOM)
- Sienia Trevellion (Lark)
- Mina Nakamura (MINA Hair)
- Sabina Gully (Magika)
- Alice Demonia (Alice Project)
They have filled up both of the sims already, however they do have a waiting list. For those of you that are interested in getting into the Knitting Circle, please add your name to this list.
Groups you can join – there is a 5000 group limit (yes, 5000!)
- Second Life Residents: I just created this group today for all those that are currently joining InWorldz and would like some assistance, or offer assistance or just want to chat with other SLers. Please consider joining, it’s been a lot of fun so far!
- Strawberry Singh Profile: Copy that link into the chat window InWorldz and check my profile, I have joined a lot of welcome, freebie and store groups that you may find interesting.
So it’s free to join, uploads are free, 5000 group limit, sims are very cheap and come with lots of prims, all of this has sparked the interest of these content creators. I will try and blog InWorldz once in a while and especially once they open the Knitting Circle district. I am going to create an InWorldz category so you can follow along with my posts from there easily.
I am still exploring and discovering the grid myself, but feel free to find and friend me inworld, I’ll be happy to help with any questions you may have.
On a final note, there has been some speculation as to why people are all of a sudden moving to InWorldz. I’ve asked the people involved and they have stated that no one is leaving Second Life for InWorldz, they are just interested in expanding their business and possibly creating another playground for us to play in. I, myself, will not be leaving SL either, I love it dearly. I am just checking out what’s going on there and will bring the news to you guys whenever I have some. Hope you come along for the ride. Have a great weekend! <3
What I’m wearing in the picture:
Shape: My own shape, I copied the numbers over from SL.
Skin: .Birdy. Ingrid ~Pure~ Natural by Dani helix (coming soon to IW -Knitting Circle) (Also in SL)
Eyes: .tsg. Luminate by Eilfie Sugarplum (coming soon to IW -Knitting Circle) (Also in SL)
Eyelashes: *REDGRAVE* Eyelashes -16- Elemental by Emilia Redgrave (Available IW) (Also in SL)
Freckles: [okkbye] frecks/moles by Elisabeth Grey (coming soon to IW -Knitting Circle) (Also in SL)
Hair: *~*Damselfly*~*Paulina Dark Browns by Shylah Honey (Available IW) (Also in SL)
Glasses: ANE GLASSES Black by Anemysk Karu (coming soon to IW -Knitting Circle) (Also in SL)
Necklace: .Olive. Zodiac – Virgo by Nami Naeko (coming soon to IW -Knitting Circle) (Also in SL)
Mesh Jumpsuit: Peqe – Jumpsuit by Inex Hax (coming soon to IW -Knitting Circle) (Also in SL)
Pose: *~*HopScotch*~* by Chandni Khondji (coming soon to IW -Knitting Circle) (Also in SL)