Good morning everyone and happy Monday! Today’s meme was actually going to happen later this year but I’ve pushed it up since Emily from SLTimeWellWasted did a similar challenge last week. So, I figured this time I would do a MEME-MASHUP and mix the two up so you guys can do both challenges if you like.
Meme instructions: Google your SL name and answer the following questions. Don’t forget to leave a comment with a link to your post so we can all drop by, read and be nosy. Optional: click over to Emily’s blog and do her Google challenge as well. Don’t forget to leave a comment in her post if you end up doing it, so she can come stalk you guys too!
Before you start to answer these questions, open up a fresh browser and clear cache if you can. Make sure you are not logged into your Google account and it might even be better if you open up a incognito window.
- Google your Second Life name in “quotations” and share your results. About 81,700 results
- What is the first link that comes up? The link is to the main page of my blog and then within that it links to the top pages and posts.
- Which link were you surprised to see? Well, I went through the first 10 pages and there was nothing really that surprising. Most of it was you guys doing my memes linking to me, so I thank you for that! <3 I did find it kind of surprising and funny that I have a tag on Tumblr.
- Click on the “Image” tab and tell us where the first 5 pictures listed are from. Surprisingly, the first 10 pictures are actually all from different blogs, not my own. They are pictures that have me in it or are of other people but I guess they mentioned me in the posts so those pictures are popping up. Very unusual that those would be coming up first. The first five pictures are from Irez.me, New World Notes and Yordie Sands’ blog.
- Click on the “more” tab and then click “news” and share your results. No results found for “strawberry singh” (THANK GOODNESS!)
Ok so my questions were a little simple and possibly boring, that’s why I am doing the meme mashup because Emily’s questions are definitely more interesting. Click over to her Google challenge and answer her questions. Her instructions were to Google ourselves under both our real life name and our second life name and share what comes up. Here are my answers:
- How did the two digital footprints compare, and did that surprise you? My real life name is actually a very common name so it comes up a lot more than my SL name, obviously not just for me.
- Does anyone interesting share your name? Yes actually I share my RL name with a very famous princess and luckily she dominates the search results when searching for me, lol.
- Are you happy with the size of your digital footprint, or do you wish either one was larger/smaller? I’m pretty happy with both. I wouldn’t want to have anymore than I have now, especially with my RL name.
- If you woke up/ logged in one morning to discover over night you had suddenly gained rock-star status, and everybody knew who you were and wanted to know what you were doing… what would you do? This is why I said “THANK GOODNESS” for the news results because I am positive if I ever did become famous and news-worthy, it would be for very embarrassing reasons, lol. I definitely do not want rock-star status, especially in the real world! I like my quiet little life.
So that’s today’s meme. I hope you guys can participate in both mine and Emily’s! Please remember that you can participate in any of the memes/challenges at any time. You’ll find them all under my Blog Challenges category along with other memes and challenges I’ve done over the years.
Also, I had a few people suggest something to me so I decided to take it into consideration and wanted your opinion on it. If you click over to the main page of my blog, you’ll see that I decided to change the way I display my posts so the first post on the page shows in full, but the rest of them show as excerpts. That way you guys don’t have to scroll a lot to find some of my older posts that were getting buried.
I think I am pretty happy with it, especially with the way some of the archive pages look, such as my blog challenges category. However, I’d love to see what you guys think as well. I have a poll at bottom of my sidebar —> if you can answer the poll and let me know what you think too, that would be great. While you are perusing my sidebar, don’t forget to check out my awesome advertisers! Thanks for the support you guys and for all your suggestions! <3
What I’m wearing in the picture:
*Skin: Swallow Sarah 05 Gatcha (Peach) by Luciayes Magic
Mesh Eyelids: Slink Mesh eyelids (alpha) by Siddean Munro
*Hair: /Wasabi Pills/ Stella Mesh Hair – Golden by MissAllSunday Lemon (@ Wizarding Faire)
*Headpiece: Swallow Agape headpiece Purple by Luciayes Magic
*Dress: Miamai_Erinne Rose XS by Monica Outlander
*Pose: oOo Studio freespirit by Olaenka Chesnokov
46 thoughts on “Google Meme”
This was fun! http://behindemerald.wordpress.com/2013/10/14/google-meme-time/
Pingback: Let me SLoogle that for you! | Virtual Bloke
Thanks, Strawberry. This one took hours (if you count all the interruptions to do RL stuff that had nothing to do with the meme), but I’m finally done! http://poultryreport.blogspot.com/2013/10/the-google-meme-courtesy-of-strawberry.html
Hi Berry! Here is mine: http://tsukilooks.blogspot.com.ar/2013/10/010-google-meme.html
I only did your questions, but here is mine
Here’s mine…enjoyed it: http://cindygedenspire.blogspot.com/2013/10/google-meme.html
This was really fun, and I always enjoy the excuse for a good google-stalk of myself through various lenses.
Pingback: Google Meme: Goofling Peep | Pics by Peep
Here’s mine: http://picsbypeep.com/2013/10/15/goofling-peep/
Here is mine, not very exciting I’m afraid, but it was an interesting exercise to do
Pingback: Google me this, Google me that…. | Cait's World
I haven’t done a post yet – but a quick image search kind of shocked me. Among a few photos from this blog that belong to Miss Strawberry Singh (and I thought that was weird) was a photo of RL me. O.o I thought I kept the two quite separate but apparently not!
It’s fun stalking myself 😀 http://chaoticvirtuality.com/2013/10/14/searching-for-myself/
well here you go here is mine :
thanks for a funny meme i really enjoyed it 😀
I hope i’m not late to the party <3
Pingback: Am I back? — Tenth Life
What a gorgeous pic – colorful and eye catching! Here’s my post: http://aylaanddolly.blogspot.com/2013/10/i-googled-myself-for-strawberry-singh.html
Pingback: Get your Google on – Monday Meme | a SECOND for Imagination
Woot I’m not so late this week. Just love any excuse to have a little fun. http://secondimagination.wordpress.com/2013/10/15/get-your-google-on-monday-meme/
Pingback: Google Meme (and a bit more) | Cozey SL
Pingback: Google Meme » Stuffery
Here is my post 🙂
Created a prettyish pic and answered the questions… Bring on next week LOL…
Awesome challenge, thank you Berry… I really enjoyed it
cute idea for a meme 🙂
Pingback: Google Me(me) | Dora Quar - Avatar Blog
Most of all I was surprised of myself answering the question what I would do with my rock-star status… 😉 http://diegoerelebt.wordpress.com/2013/10/15/google-meme/
Love this, Berry:)) made me take a look, and was surprised.
I don’t have a blog, but this looks like so much fun, I hope you don’t mind if I just post here, Berry:
1. Google your Second Life name in “quotations” and share your results. 8650 results
2. What is the first link that comes up? It’s to my Wiki. Accessed 6,643 times.
3. Which link were you surprised to see? Apparently, I have a Klout. I never opened one, so I’m quite surprised. My “klout” number is 41.
4. Click on the “Image” tab and tell us where the first 5 pictures listed are from. The first one is the picture Berry took of me! I love that picture and use it as my “gravatar” online. The second one is the picture I made for Stand 4 Love. Proud of the concept and execution of that image and the cause it promotes. The third is from my third month in SL at the now demolished Opera Populaire. Number four is from my first day in Cloud Party. The fifth one was taken last New Year’s Eve in Virtual Berlin.
5. Click on the “more” tab and then click “news” and share your results. Nothing! Yay!
Hi to all, my Meme ^^
Pingback: Lourdes: According to Google - Lourdes Denimore
Pingback: Google Me Meme | Alexi Style
Forgot to add this 😀
Here is my blog post for this meme http://lolitaoleander.blogspot.com/2013/10/google-meme-away.html
Pingback: Find Monica on Google | Moni's World
There is mine!
Finely here it is just on time before the next one
)Better late than never.I hope youre having a nice weekend 🙂
I did a lil extra and compared my display name with my account name.
Very fun and interesting to see the results.
Thanks for the nice idea, Berry.
Thanks so much you guys for Googling (stalking) yourselves for me! <3 I've posted a few more challenges since this one now:
Pingback: Google Meme | Aria Majere
Pingback: 009. Google Meme | Aria Majere
Pingback: #SecondLifeChallenge - Google Your Second Life Avatar - StrawberrySingh.com