Before I get into today’s Monday Meme, I wanted to talk about the image in this blog post. There are two reasons I chose to share a picture of ManBerry, the first is because he was in desperate need of a new profile pic so I cropped this one up and now it’s on his profile.
The second reason is because I wanted an excuse to talk about male fashion. Yesterday, Siddean Munro of Slink plurked that she is about to release mesh hands and updated mesh feet for men. That means that the men will finally be able to pick up appliers for their hands and feet. I’m really excited about this as I have been struggling with tinting his mesh hands and feet since I got them for him. I’m looking forward to all of this and as soon as it’s released, I’m going to start
harassing requesting my skin creator (Fruk) to get on the appliers bandwagon. Male skin creators, please keep an eye on the Slink blog and consider making appliers for the hands and feet when they are released, please! Your customers will thank you.
Now on to today’s meme! I remember before January of 2011, when we had a 25 group limit. Then when they changed it to a 42 group limit, I recall saying to myself that I am NEVER going to reach that. But lo and behold, these days it seems like I am constantly juggling them around. There are a few groups that I absolutely love and would never leave or if I have to leave them to make room for some other important ones, I make sure to put one of my alts in them. These are groups I join for a variety of reasons. A big thank you to Inkie Loudwater for providing me with some of the following questions!
Meme Instructions: Answer the following questions about groups and share some of your favs with us. Don’t forget to leave your link in the comments!
- Have you reached the 42 group limit? I believe they were announced in January of 2011 and I was at the limit just a few months after that.
- Do you do a lot of group hopping to keep up with all the groups you want to stay a part of? I do, not all the time, but from time to time I do. But I’m starting to just put my ALTs in the groups more often now.
- What makes you want to join a group? Well, to be honest, the majority of the groups I am in I was invited by designers because they are blogger groups. Blogger groups take up the most of my slots. So I have about 10 group slots left open which I use to jump around groups that I want to be in. Most of the time these are store groups because they give nice gifts or I just want to make sure I am updated with all their new releases.
- A lot of store VIP groups have a group fee which you have to pay to join. How do you feel about paying group fees? To be honest I am not a big fan of group fees. I feel that groups are for promotion and designers should be encouraging customers to join the group and putting a fee on the group just doesn’t make a lot of sense to me. However, with all that being said, I do not mind paying a group fee at all, if it is a reasonable amount. I would be willing to pay up to L$300 to join a group, as long as I know for certain that there is some sort of incentive (frequent gifts, promotions, discounts, etc…) If a fee is more than that, then I probably will not join.
- Name a few groups that you are a part of that you feel everyone should look into joining and share your reasons behind that.
–> Maitreya VIP group is free to join and often offers discounts on newly released merchandise. Maitreya also currently has a competition going on, click here for details.
–> *COCO* Update Group is probably one of the most generous groups to be in. They have a line of group gifts to pick up at this slurl, and the group is FREE to join!
–> Eater’s Coma Update Group is also free to join and currently has three free gifts available at this slurl if you are in the group. You can check out Farrah Helendale’s vlog where she shows you what those gifts are.
–> Erratic Update Group is also free to join and offers a group discount on all new releases. Erratic also has a free group gift available at the mainstore.
–> Gos Boutique Group is usually and currently only L$50 to join, however when he sends group gifts, the price gets raised to L$500. Also, Gos Boutique group members get a 10% discount on all purchases. So this is a group you want to join and stay in.
Ok I am going to stop at five, but there are a lot of other groups that I am a part of that give nice gifts from time to time such as Glam Affair, Chain and Vine, Auxiliary, PXL and a few others. I think these kinds of incentives are a great way designers can show their appreciation for their customers.
So now that I have shared a few of my favorite groups, I hope you guys take the time to share some of yours! I have my ALT ready to join some good groups you guys suggest. Also, ManBerry’s not in many groups at all. Are there any good groups for the men to join?
Please remember that you can participate in any of the memes/challenges at any time. You’ll find them all under my Blog Challenges category along with other memes and challenges I’ve done over the years.
Today is the first day of school so I am going to run now, I hope you guys have a fabulous week!
You can see all of Manberry’s credits in full detail in the following post: ManBerry Sightings