This week’s meme was inspired by the Zodiac event and also the recent release by Olive at SL Fashion Week. When I saw the Zodiac necklaces, I knew I just had to have them and I decided to make that the Monday Meme this week.
Meme instructions: Copy and paste the following questions and answers into your post; then delete my answers and input your own. Don’t forget to leave a comment below with a link to your post so we can all come by and check it out!
Some people are not familiar with Astrology and the Zodiac signs so I thought I would link you to a few sites that I used to answer some of the questions.
Wikipedia Pages: Astrology and Astrological Sign
You can look up your sign’s attributes here: Zodiac-signs-astrology.com or Cafe Astrology
- What is your birthday and/or Zodiac sign? – My birthday is September 22nd, therefore I am a Virgo.
- Do you believe in or follow astrology? – No, I actually don’t believe in it. As for following it, I don’t actively go out and read my horoscope every day or use that as a basis for any decision making, etc… I do however like the fact that I am a Virgo and like to wear little accessories and such that have to do with that, especially in Second Life like the necklace I am wearing in this post or this virgo tattoo that I love.
- Do you feel your sign’s attributes reflect who you are? – Well, I have read a lot of different things about virgos and for the most part, I do agree with them. Now, I don’t believe that it’s because it’s written in the stars but perhaps it’s maybe a coincidence? I don’t really know to be honest. I have read that Virgos are neat freaks, which I sort of am in real life. But I’ve also read that we can be naive, nitpicky, fussy and inflexible and I’m not sure if I am these things. Well, maybe a bit naive sometimes 😛 but for the most part, I don’t see myself as that. Also, after reading this page about virgos, I would say that almost all of what is written there is pretty true about me, especially the “what’s it like to date a Virgo woman” part. The only thing I would disagree with is the sex part, but we won’t go into details about that. 😛
- Have you ever been to a psychic or astrologer either in RL or in SL (are there any in SL?) No, I haven’t been, however if there are some in SL that may be something I might want to try for fun and see what it’s like. It might make a fun blog post! 😛
- Do you read your horoscope daily and try to follow any advice, recommendations or warnings it may have for you that day? I actually did used to read it everyday but I haven’t now for years. Now, if for some reason I do end up reading it on a site or newspaper or magazine that day, I usually forget what it said moments later.
- Do you have very strong feelings about astrology, either negative or positive? The reason I’ve asked this question is because I have met a few people that were so strongly against Astrology, they would get upset at me because I would look up my horoscope for fun. They felt that people took it too seriously and that could be dangerous and others felt that it was against their religion or they just found it to be ridiculous and childish. To me, I don’t really have any strong feelings, for or against them. I just find it fun and read it and engage in conversations about it as a form of entertainment, that’s all.
I know this week’s meme isn’t directly related to SL but it’s a topic that interested me and I figured a part of the challenge could be to create a picture that related or had something to do with your Zodiac sign. I am wearing the Virgo necklace that is available from Olive at SL Fashion Week. But of course, a picture is not necessary, you can just answer the questions if you like.
Please remember that you can participate in any of the memes/challenges at any time. You’ll find them all under my Blog Challenges category along with other memes and challenges I’ve done over the years. If you do end up taking a picture, feel free to share it in the Blog Memes Flickr Group.
*Skin: MY UGLYDOROTHY – Berry by Sopha Portal (at Acid Lily Gallery)
Eyes: Mayfly – Deep Sky Mesh Eye (Deep Honey Hazel, w4) by Arkesh Baral
Hair: tram C409 hair / brown by Moca Loup
Headband: [Atooly] Mustache Headband Yellow by Rockstarroo Gossipgirl (at SL Fashion Week)
*Dress: Color.Me.H.O.F Mesh [Strap Tunic Dress[Summer]_S by Fashionboi Landar
Necklace: .Olive. the Mine! Zodiac Necklace – Virgo [Gold] by Naminaeko (at SL Fashion Week)