This is my 20th Monday Meme! I’m kind of surprised as I didn’t realize I’ve already been doing these memes for 20 weeks now. Are you guys sick and tired of them yet? No? Good, cuz I got lots more ideas up my sleeve. :P
This week I thought it was time to share my Second Life Bucket List in hopes that you all will do the same. If you are not familiar with what a bucket list is, it’s basically a list of things people want to eventually do during their lifetime. A lot of people create bucket lists. Sometimes they are just in our heads and not physically written down anywhere. I decided to write mine out for my SLife, and possibly start working on some of the things listed. There are a few things that I used to have on my sl bucket list that I’ve already accomplished (which I was quite happy about), such as: attend and/or be in a second life fashion show, go on an sl date, reach one million hits on my blog, and take pictures of over 1000 avatars (I’m close to 1500 avatars now).
If you have never had a bucket list before and decide to create one for your real or second life, you can check out BucketList.net. It seems like an interesting site and might help you get started.
Meme Instructions: Share at least 5 items on your Second Life Bucket List and try and complete one of the items on the list this week. Don’t forget to leave a link to your list in the comments below so we all can come by and check it out!
- Make a custom skin for myself! – I really really really want to learn how to make awesome skins so I can make one for myself and be totally unique.
- Dance with a Linden and/or Hamlet! – IT WILL BE AN SL DREAM COME TRUE!!!
- Do the Poppin’s Challenge for my Rezday! – Every year I tell myself, this year for my rezday I HAVE to do the Poppins challenge and every year I forget. Well next year I am for sure going to do it, putting it in my calendar now. For more info about the Poppins Challenge, check the wiki page and also join the flickr group.
- Learn how to make something amazing and mind-blowing in mesh! – Which is probably never going to happen.
- Go to at least 5 good live shows! – I’ve only ever been to one live show and that was for like just a few minutes and to be honest, I didn’t really enjoy it all that much. However, some of my friends love them and go to them all the time. Where can I look up good performers? Are there schedules listed anywhere?
- Play a part in an SL play! – A few weeks back I went to see Romeo and Juliet and I really enjoyed it. That got me thinking that it may be interesting to be part of a play. Perhaps not Romeo and Juliet but something else. It would definitely be a different experience.
- Have an inworld Art Gallery of some of my work and do some really artistic shots for it! – Sometimes I get so bored of my pictures, I wish I could be more artistic and creative and then perhaps one day have an inworld gallery of my work. It would be fun and a different experience. I want to do it on my own though, maybe one day!
- Create just one image that I like completely and not be able to find some kind of flaw in it! – They say we are our own worst critics and I absolutely believe that.
- Own a sim! Even though I have no idea what I would do with it even if I had one, maybe I’ll run a dance club. Would you come to my club? :P
- Make or be on a Podcast! – I am a huge fan of MetaReality Podcast and would love to do something like that one day. Although I am sure I will be crazy nervous and say “ummmmmmmmmmmm” a lot during recording if I ever got an opportunity. (UPDATE: I was just reminded that I WAS in a podcast last year. I wrote a story for The 100 Word Stories (RFL Challenge) for the word “Life.” I wrote it and recorded it and sent it to Mr. Crap and my recording was put in the podcast! (link here) so now I can cross this one off the list! \o/ )
- Go sailing in SL! – I have a friend who always used to talk about sailing and made it seem like so much fun but I never got around to do it myself. I really want to try it out one day and see what it’s like.
- Play some sort of sport in SL – I have heard they have cheerleading squads in SL, that may be fun to try out for some time. Also, does SL have a girls basketball team? Baseball? I am also awesome at soccer too. TOURNAMENTS FTW!
Ok so I shared more than 5 things on my list. There are a few more things I want to do which I will keep private, for now. :P I tried to do number 12 and got all dressed up for some basketball but when I googled “Second Life basketball” not much came up except for this facebook page and an old youtube video, which didn’t really help me out. So then I did a search inworld for basketball and I found the LDPW Public Basketball court. Basically it’s an urban city sim with a really nice basketball court and has rezzing capabilities enabled. So what I’m planning to do this week is stalk the court and go by there whenever I have a chance to see if I can crash any basketball games going on throughout the week. I am SO GONNA DO THIS!
Also, I googled sailing in second life and found this awesome wiki page with all sorts of info about sailing so totally going to do that too this week. Look at me gooooo!
I hope you guys share your lists, if you have one, and are able to cross a few items off of it! Please remember that you can participate in any of the memes/challenges at any time. You’ll find them all under my Blog Challenges category along with other memes and challenges I’ve done over the years. If you put your bucket list achievement pictures on flickr, feel free to share them in the Blog Memes Flickr Group.
*Skin: [PXL] JADE OL Bare Lips MEB C2 by Hart Larsson (Now Released)
Eyes: Mayfly – Deep Sky Mesh Eye (Desert Dawn, w4) by Arkesh Baral
*Nose Piercing: [MANDALA] (Female)_ silver _ piercing by Kikunosuke Eel
*Hair: TRUTH HAIR Jolene – Browns01 by Truth Hawks
*Tank: erratic / cary – double tank / white-black (S) by Erratic Rain
*Pants: [Aux] Loose Sweats – XS – Gray by Tyr Rozenblum (at SL Fashion Week)
Shoes: 2-Real F-WINGS by 2REAL Okelli
Necklace: REDGRAVE KEY silver by Emilia Redgrave (no longer available)
*Mesh Hands: Slink Mesh Hands (av) Casual by Siddean Munro
Hands appliers: [ PXL ] Slink Hands Appliers OL by Hart Larsson
*Pose+Prop: Diesel Works – Bounce by Rogan Diesel
Location: LDPW Public Basketball court